Thread: 95 E36 M3 cranks but wont start

My Cars
    95' Dakar E36 M3

95 E36 M3 cranks but wont start

What's up forum members I know this thread has probably been started plenty of times but I need some help.

My car has been in the body shop for almost two months getting some work done and the doors were open for about a month of the two months. They started the car everyday to make sure it'll still run and the last two or three weeks they didn't move the car at all and kept the doors open so when I went to go pick it up it wouldn't start. So I went ahead and try to give it a push start with starting fluid and it ran for a second or two then it would die. I thought it was a battery issue so I went and bought one then I went ahead and checked the fuel pump and try to listen if it turned on but it didn't so I changed the fuel pump relay and I checked fuse #18 in the fuse box with a voltmeter and it wouldn't give me any spark. The car does have an aftermarket alarm system which I completely disconnected and tried to see if it would start and it wouldn't. Would it be the dme or does the car need a new fuel pump? What could it be? Please help!

1995 Dakar Yellow E36 M3 Coupe Current
    1997 Cosmos Black E36 M3 Sedan SOLD
    1997 Arctic Silver E36 328i RIP

My Cars
    325is 5SP manual Feb1995
    Maybe you should start by explaining what was being done in the shop those months your car was there. Paint job, new parts, etc. What was the deal of leaving the doors open?

My Cars
    95 bmw m3
    Did u try jumping the car? Check the alternator or starter

My Cars
    95' Dakar E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by lasmariaspr View Post
    Maybe you should start by explaining what was being done in the shop those months your car was there. Paint job, new parts, etc. What was the deal of leaving the doors open?
    I was getting a respray and they fixed my passenger side quarter panel from an accident and fixed the passenger side fender. It took a while due to financial issues that came up. And the truck wouldn't close so they left it open and never disconnected the battery.

My Cars
    95' Dakar E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffriderisback View Post
    Did u try jumping the car? Check the alternator or starter
    I bought a new battery for it and do you think that's why it cranks and doesn't start?

My Cars
    325is 5SP manual Feb1995