Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BMW Interior LED Kits

My Cars
    BMW M3
    My question regarding the exterior rear license plate lights, anyone else is experiencing error message after installing LEDs?
    All interior LEDs do not have to be error free only the ones for license plate, is that correct?

My Cars
    97 m3
    What bulbs are needed for where your feet go? My pass side is out in front. (E36 m3)

My Cars
    1999 ///m
    I believe they are 36mm leds

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by M3C View Post
    My question regarding the exterior rear license plate lights, anyone else is experiencing error message after installing LEDs?
    All interior LEDs do not have to be error free only the ones for license plate, is that correct?
    Yes and yes

We are all getting errors from using these exterior license tag LEDs, and interior bulbs don't give "errors" per se but the map lights and switched rear c pillar(sedan only) lights do not work when using this kit.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by EE05063 View Post
    Yes and yes

We are all getting errors from using these exterior license tag LEDs, and interior bulbs don't give "errors" per se but the map lights and switched rear c pillar(sedan only) lights do not work when using this kit.
    So no good....there are other LED kits (versions) that the sellers claim no error messages but we yet have to try and confirm, this would be for license plate lights.
    For interior lights it is important that LEDs can fade out gradually (like the stock bulbs do when doors close), if LEDs turn off instantly instead of fading out this would not be acceptable as well.

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by M3C View Post
    So no good....there are other LED kits (versions) that the sellers claim no error messages but we yet have to try and confirm, this would be for license plate lights.
    For interior lights it is important that LEDs can fade out gradually (like the stock bulbs do when doors close), if LEDs turn off instantly instead of fading out this would not be acceptable as well.
    These interior bulbs fade out fine, no problem there. That was the least of my concerns.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123