Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BMW Interior LED Kits

My Cars
    98 E36, 00 Type R
    I just placed an order! Lets see how they turn out.

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmGary View Post
    My kit was short 2 bulbs for an M3 sedan. I had spares from another project so I just used my own bulbs. Also, the license plate LEDs generate an error randomly about 25% of the time, sometimes when I turn the lights on and sometimes after driving for a while. I've since replaced those LEDs with a much more expensive unit that is both light housing and LEDs as one unit because errors drive me nuts.
    Thank you for the feedback! Sorry to hear you had a few issues, I wonder what's going on with the license plate ones causing an error for you. I use them in my own car and it's perfect and my buddies E36 M3 Coupe too. Strange! If there's anything we can do for you let us know.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmGary View Post

My kit was short 2 bulbs for an M3 sedan.
    When did you order? I pointed out the Sedan discrepancy on 9-24 in this thread. It was changed on the web site within a day. Just curious because I have a sedan also and am waiting for my kits to arrive.
    Last edited by EE05063; 10-25-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    I got something today. It's supposed to be the E36 interior kit that is Sedan ready. Still waiting on the rear tag lights. I placed two separate orders, so that's expected, no complaints so far. Will report back on those since that's where the interest is.

Does this look right? I've never replaced the bulbs before. Looks right to me. The six round base bulbs fit the map lights up front and the c pillar lights in the back. The shorter two festoon bulbs fit the foot wells. The longer festoon bulbs fit the two vanity lights up front and the center light up front. I assume the long festoon is what fits in the glove box. If so that should be it.

https://db.tt/81Pf7JPf
    Last edited by EE05063; 10-25-2013 at 07:53 PM.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Okay. Installed some of them. The festoon style bulbs are polarized, if one doesn't work, flip it around.

Now, onto something I can't figure out. The two round map lights won't come on no matter what I do. Those bulbs are round base, so polarity should not be a factor. Also, on my sedan, on the rear c pillar units, there's two round base bulbs in each light fixture. So should be no polarity issue here either. The bulbs that normally come on when you open the doors come on fine, but the ones that are operated by the switches refuse to light up.

Any ideas?
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Received and installed the tag lights today. They do trigger the tag light error on the OBC for me too unfortunately.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    96 Stage 2 S/C Alpine M3
    Quote Originally Posted by EE05063 View Post
    Received and installed the tag lights today. They do trigger the tag light error on the OBC for me too unfortunately.
    That's upsetting news, I was interested in this kit because it seemed fairly priced but don't think I could live with the constant errors

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerealm124 View Post
    That's upsetting news, I was interested in this kit because it seemed fairly priced but don't think I could live with the constant errors
    They seem nice, they have aluminum heatsinks on the back of them.

Does anyone know the best way to get rid of the error? I'm sure it's just a resistor mod.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1985 745i , S13 240sx sr20det
    Okay. Installed some of them. The festoon style bulbs are polarized, if one doesn't work, flip it around.

Now, onto something I can't figure out. The two round map lights won't come on no matter what I do. Those bulbs are round base, so polarity should not be a factor. Also, on my sedan, on the rear c pillar units, there's two round base bulbs in each light fixture. So should be no polarity issue here either. The bulbs that normally come on when you open the doors come on fine, but the ones that are operated by the switches refuse to light up.

Any ideas?
    I have the same problem map lights don't work.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by CMG View Post

I have the same problem map lights don't work.
    It must have something to do with the combined resistance. I am going to take my multimeter and find out the resistance of a normal bulb, then the resistance of the LED bulb, then calculate the difference and add that value resistor to each set of bulb contacts.

It should eliminate all the issues, but will create one, the inability to get a true bulb out error. I am always looking my car over so if there is a bulb out I will know it soon enough.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    Yeah u can mod it but these are supposed to be plug n play. If they don't work or they throw errors they're not what they are supposed to be.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by CMG View Post
    Yeah u can mod it but these are supposed to be plug n play. If they don't work or they throw errors they're not what they are supposed to be.
    Agreed. Wish the OP would come around and explain how they are selling error free bulb sets that either don't work at all or in fact throw errors.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    I will check it out tomorrow on a E36 and let you guys know what I find out. Not sure if it matters but the one here is a '99 M3.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
    I will check it out tomorrow on a E36 and let you guys know what I find out. Not sure if it matters but the one here is a '99 M3.
    Thanks. Specific year doesn't matter, they all have the same systems for measuring circuit resistance as far as anyone knows.
    Last edited by EE05063; 10-29-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    e36 ///M3
    After following the link I was ready to buy but then I saw the issues you guys were having so I'm holing off right now.
    99 TitanSilber ///M3
    13.90 @ 101 mph

My Cars
    96 Stage 2 S/C Alpine M3
    Quote Originally Posted by MMMPR3S View Post
    After following the link I was ready to buy but then I saw the issues you guys were having so I'm holing off right now.
    +1 hope OP chimes in soon

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    In the last two days or so I had one occurrence where I didn't get a LIC PLATE LIGHT FAIL message, the other dozen or so times it happens everytime.

The lights work great.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    98 E36, 00 Type R
    I just replaced all the lights myself including the license plate minus the map lights due to time. I'm also receiving a lic plate light fail. Other than that all the other lights work great.

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by shahriar35 View Post
    I just replaced all the lights myself including the license plate minus the map lights due to time. I'm also receiving a lic plate light fail. Other than that all the other lights work great.
    So if I understand correctly you didn't replace the map lights (which are so far non-functional) and you did replace the tag lights which give you the errors like the rest of us?
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    98 E36, 00 Type R
    So if I understand correctly you didn't replace the map lights (which are so far non-functional) and you did replace the tag lights which give you the errors like the rest of us?

So I had time today to finish. I'm having all the same issues as everyone else.

1. Error for license plate bulb
    2. C pillar bulbs that are suppose to go on by using the switch does not work.
    3. The map light light bulbs do not work just like the c-pillar bulbs
    4. Missing two bulbs, 1 vanity and trunk light.

Below is what is suppose to come with the kit along with the license place blulbs:

1. Two (2) pieces 5-SMD Exact Fit LED base bulbs for Map lights
    2. One (1) piece 6-SMD Exact Fit LED festoon bulbs for Dome lights
    3. Two (2) pieces 6-SMD Exact Fit LED festoon bulbs for Vanity (Mirror) lights

4. Two (2) pieces 6-SMD Exact fit LED festoon bulbs for Footwell lights
    5. Four (4) piece 6-SMD Exact fit LED festoon bulbs for "C" Pillar lights
    6. One (1) piece 5-SMD Exact fit LED base bulb for Trunk light
    Along with the 2 license plate blubs

Lets get these problems solved!

My Cars
    1999 ///m
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ht-LED-problem

I believe this is the problem guys

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy223 View Post
    Which leads to this thread which has the solution (permanent modification required)

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...-THE-REAL-DEAL

You reroute trances on the center light fixture for the map lights to work, and you repin the wires for the switched c pillar lights to work.

None of this is within scope of what was being sold as basically plug and play bulbs.

If the OP would swap out four of the round base bulbs with bulbs that have reverse polarity and mark them as such, we could have a true plug and play solution and not have to modify anything. I am going to try to see if I can take one apart and modify the polarity so I don't have to permanently modify the fixture.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    1999 ///m
    Get back to us! That's why I never pulled the trigger cause I read that thread a while back

My Cars
    Same issues here maplights don't work and license error. Haven't installed all of them. Bottom line is price is not a rip off, but definitely not as advertised.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    As far as not having enough in the kit, I had enough to replace everything except the glove box. Center front, map lights, vanity mirror activated lights, all four bulbs for both c pillars, both footwell lights and trunk bulb. So only one short of a full kit for a Sedan.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast