Thread: Tailgate/Rear Hatch won't unlock

My Cars
    2001 540T M Sport pkg.

Tailgate/Rear Hatch won't unlock

Ok so I've looked at all the different posts on this problem. Replaced fuse 53 3 times. Each time the fuse looked good. I replaced the gas filler door actuator and that did not work. The doors work manually both inside and with the keys in the drivers door. The remotes are not functioning. After releasing the hatch with the emergency release within the tool kit panel the door opens. Then when you close it shuts without incident. When you then try to open the tailgate the soft close tries to pull the hatch in more. The rear window will not open. Also the is not an indicated problem on the dash with an open tailgate. I looked at the fuses for the CLS in the glove box and the 3 30amp fuses look to be good. I now have disconnected the new actuator for the fuel door eliminating that circuit. Still not working. The last test will be to re-initialize the two keys. Also, when I replaced the actuator for the fuel door it would retract but not extend. I manually pulled to the locked position and it retracted when unlocking from inside. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Tried to initialize the keys and no luck.

My Cars
    2001 540T M Sport pkg.
    No ideas?

My Cars
    03 525iT 05 330Ci Cab
    Can you get the hatch open from the inside? I'm not sure if there is an easy way, but I think I read here that it is possibe.

My Cars
    2001 540T M Sport pkg.
    Yes, it opens with the emergency release located behind the tool carrier in the hatch.

My Cars
    94 740i, 03 525iT, 86 VW
    I'm having the same issue after replacing the GM3 module with one from another car. Everything else related to the locking system works.