Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Supercharger kits

AquilaBMW is offline Mad Bimmerist BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Quote Originally Posted by m5james View Post
    It's being shipped, I've got two DHL tracking numbers since he sent it in two pieces. I kept mentioning little things I was seeing in his pics, so he's been addressing my issues from what it looks like. I'd attach pics but I'm at work and this site refuses to reduce images to post, so I have to do it manually :-/
    EXCITING !!!!!!! Can't to hear more about this. Hope the guy has come up with a bona fide alternative S/C for these cars.

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I'm all in on the concept, but I'm still worried about what snags I'll get as well. I honestly don't expect I'm just going to bolt it on and go w/o any issues whatsoever, but I've got until May 14th to get it addresses. From the videos, it looks like he already has in that it has power and functions overall, it's just little ironing our of bugs that I wanna address. Not matter what I'm adding in an E39 M5 fuel pump to be on the safe side (doesn't require tuning), then I've been talking w/ DUDMD and some of the people on the FI subforums about what MAF I can use to allow more headroom vs using a resistor like the VF/Dinan kits and then who I might work w/ in order to delete the RRFPR so I can run larger injectors from a VF kit.
    Last edited by m5james; 03-28-2014 at 05:14 PM.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    PERFORMANCE:JB4 w/ meth, stage 2 tune, wrapped downpipes, custom intake
    INTERIOR:AVIN 10.25" screen, Blackvue 550 dashcam, 7" tablet for JB4 logging
    EXTERIOR:Niche staggered 20's or AC Forged staggered 22's, H&R 2" suspension, LED AE, CF front splitter
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    PERFORMANCE:///M5 6spd swap, iron sleeves, L/W Teflon coated & silicone impregnated pistons, Sealed Power rings, 3 angle valvejob, P&P head, perf cams, electric fan, CF intake tube w/aluminium heatshield/wrapped MAF tubing, Magnaflow 14816'd, Eaton M112 in-work
    INTERIOR:Android Dynavin, hardwired V1 above rearview, 12" RE Audio DVC sub, MTX 81000D monoblock, CF silver trim, 5% tint
    EXTERIOR:///MPar staggered 19's, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, custom notched bumper, Shadowline trim, 750iL brakes w/ Axxis pads
    190hp 97 328ci
    PERFORMANCE:Single mass flywheel, ///M3 clutch
    EXTERIOR:Z4///M staggered 18's, rolled fenders, tinted markers

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    I've been talking w/ DUDMD and some of the people on the FI subforums about what MAF I can use to allow more headroom vs using a resistor like the VF/Dinan kits and then who I might work w/ in order to delete the RRFPR so I can run larger injectors from a VF kit.
    Good man. As I said the resistor isn't that big a deal but the RRFPR is really the huge hunkashit in that tuning config. If Dmitry can eliminate that for you and get you tuned properly for nice fat injectors you'll be way ahead.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    I've read online on other forums about RRFPR and they're not that bad, but at the same time they're obviously not optimal either. DUDMD has said he's never tuned for larger injectors ever, so it's going to be trial and error but I know the man is slammed w/ work because he just opened his own shop, still has a turbo E34 540 project he hasn't finished, then life itself, etc...he's really doing me a favor by helping but I also believe he's partially excited to see his old X5 going FI and then it'll be a learning experience for him as well that he could apply to future business.

What's frustrating about talking to guys on the FI forums is that there's almost this arrogance in that they've been doing it so long in E36's that I should be doing my own research, but this is a V8, so it's a different beast all together. I guess I shouldn't be comparing Ford to BMW, but these guys are telling me I should expect to pay $1000 for each time I get a revision tune done, yet in the Ford world I paid $500 for lifetime tunes and it included an AEM wideband and laptop software so that I can do email tunes, so it's leaving a sour taste in my mouth when these guys are telling me I'm gonna have to pay out the ass every single time. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ning-questions

Nevertheless, I've got fingers crossed that this guys kit will bolt-on w/o issues, run w/o CEL's going off and from there it's just modifying the kit for my own piece of mind before driving from Seattle to Hollywood and back for Bimmerfest.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    EXTERIOR:Niche staggered 20's or AC Forged staggered 22's, H&R 2" suspension, LED AE, CF front splitter
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    PERFORMANCE:///M5 6spd swap, iron sleeves, L/W Teflon coated & silicone impregnated pistons, Sealed Power rings, 3 angle valvejob, P&P head, perf cams, electric fan, CF intake tube w/aluminium heatshield/wrapped MAF tubing, Magnaflow 14816'd, Eaton M112 in-work
    INTERIOR:Android Dynavin, hardwired V1 above rearview, 12" RE Audio DVC sub, MTX 81000D monoblock, CF silver trim, 5% tint
    EXTERIOR:///MPar staggered 19's, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, custom notched bumper, Shadowline trim, 750iL brakes w/ Axxis pads
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    I've read online on other forums about RRFPR and they're not that bad,
    Yes they are. If you are running a pre-engine-computer car well OK, or if you have some obscure engine and have zero prayer of learning / finding somebody to tune your ECU software then OK I can see there are times when they are a "reluctant workable compromise". But really they are mostly used as a total hack by people who don't have the ECU mapped and/or can't calculate checksums for new tunes.

I hear you about the attitude thing. Those guys aren't real easy going. That said you gotta give most of them credit because most of them have built their own builds themselves start to finish and do know what they are talking about. But yeah, some 'tude over there, a few of those guys just have pathological hate fer those they think are n00bz aka you never built an entire 900whp E36 turbo motor yourself from scratch including casting every part in your private forge or machining from a block of billet in your own personal machine shop.

But dude re: tune and time and $$$ you are comparing apples and giraffes. You are now making me think you actually really DON'T know what you are getting into.

A 'lifetime email tune tweaks' on a mass volume platform is utterly completely totally different than what in essence is a custom one-off build with near zero prospects for economies of scale. With a known platform they build or buy (or steal... different story but believe me it's out there...) a database of tunes / tweaks and so when you say "oh I just added the CAI option" some junior kid who's stoked to get paid $10/hr and work at a tuner/parts joint can email you another file from a harddrive taking about 3 minutes and zero additional costs.

Doing a significant tweak to a real custom build means a real tuner pouring over logs, making some educated guesses about where to start the adjustments, coding those in, then hopefully you are doing it face to face and so you do some dyno holds and pulls, he pours over the logs again, re-adjusts, etc. etc. etc. This all goes double and cubed for a pretty unknown/uncharted platform like the M62. As we all know there seems to only be a handful of guys who know anything about tuning on that motor.

That is a totally different thing than subscribing to a "checkbox" database of "option" tunes. There is NO way you get true 'tunes' for $500 unlimited lifetime. That's "database-tuner" stuff. People could not make a living that way honestly.

That said, Dmitry is pretty reasonable and I'm sure he'll take care of you but don't go thinking he should give you 67 hours of tuning for a flat fee of $500. It's not fair to him and its not representative of the time and effort required. Just use an ounce of common sense man and think about it. He deserves to get paid for his hard work, and its going to take time to figure out this weirdo hardware for the first time. That's just how it works.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740iL
    Curious to hear about your final tune and set up. I like the idea of an Eaton SC a lot better than a centrifugal unit. The $4200 price tag is not bad for this type of set up considering I've paid $3500 for a centrifugal SC.

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    Yes they are. If you are running a pre-engine-computer car well OK, or if you have some obscure engine and have zero prayer of learning / finding somebody to tune your ECU software then OK I can see there are times when they are a "reluctant workable compromise". But really they are mostly used as a total hack by people who don't have the ECU mapped and/or can't calculate checksums for new tunes.

I hear you about the attitude thing. Those guys aren't real easy going. That said you gotta give most of them credit because most of them have built their own builds themselves start to finish and do know what they are talking about. But yeah, some 'tude over there, a few of those guys just have pathological hate fer those they think are n00bz aka you never built an entire 900whp E36 turbo motor yourself from scratch including casting every part in your private forge or machining from a block of billet in your own personal machine shop.

But dude re: tune and time and $$$ you are comparing apples and giraffes. You are now making me think you actually really DON'T know what you are getting into.

A 'lifetime email tune tweaks' on a mass volume platform is utterly completely totally different than what in essence is a custom one-off build with near zero prospects for economies of scale. With a known platform they build or buy (or steal... different story but believe me it's out there...) a database of tunes / tweaks and so when you say "oh I just added the CAI option" some junior kid who's stoked to get paid $10/hr and work at a tuner/parts joint can email you another file from a harddrive taking about 3 minutes and zero additional costs.

Doing a significant tweak to a real custom build means a real tuner pouring over logs, making some educated guesses about where to start the adjustments, coding those in, then hopefully you are doing it face to face and so you do some dyno holds and pulls, he pours over the logs again, re-adjusts, etc. etc. etc. This all goes double and cubed for a pretty unknown/uncharted platform like the M62. As we all know there seems to only be a handful of guys who know anything about tuning on that motor.

That is a totally different thing than subscribing to a "checkbox" database of "option" tunes. There is NO way you get true 'tunes' for $500 unlimited lifetime. That's "database-tuner" stuff. People could not make a living that way honestly.

That said, Dmitry is pretty reasonable and I'm sure he'll take care of you but don't go thinking he should give you 67 hours of tuning for a flat fee of $500. It's not fair to him and its not representative of the time and effort required. Just use an ounce of common sense man and think about it. He deserves to get paid for his hard work, and its going to take time to figure out this weirdo hardware for the first time. That's just how it works.
    As I mentioned on the FI thread though, there are just as many Lightning/Harley tuners as there are BMW tuners. Granted, most of those tuners are working on the E36 platform and a different engine than the M62. I guess I'm just envisioning videos I've seen of people dyno tuning...some guy w/ a laptop, gets a run, then tweaks fuel up and down kind of like a graphic eqaulizer...a little more at 3500rpms, a little less at 5400rpms, etc then just keep running until it's done. When I did the truck, I did 3-4 idle datalogs before it started running right, then it's datalogging at doing things lilke 40mph, 60mph, a WOT run, etc and it's pretty much set. Other than "cracking the code" as they mentioned for BMW's, it seems after that it's just doing the fuel tweaking...but I don't claim to know what I'm talking about for sure either, I can see paying $1000 to sit on a dyno for a day (and even that's expensive for 8hrs of work) vs emailing a guy a datalogs and him replying from his couch.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    E38 E36
    I just read this entire post: m5james, the first guy through the wall always gets a little bloody so don't let the naysayers slow you down. My hat is off to you, and I admire you and every person that's ever attempted something that was outside of their comfort zone. I wish you a smooth and successful project and look forward to seeing it come to fruition - even if it from the safety and comfort of my front porch.
    "Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 3:15 open differential with an M5 sway-bar outback, a 4.4 liter V-8 with Bosch sequential fuel injection, four cams, 32 valves, VANOS units using Beisan Systems seals, 10 to 1 pistons, a conservative 282 macht schnell horsepower, all planted to the earth with AC Schnitzer Type II Racing Wheels and Michelin PS2s at all four corners, an M5 rear sway-bar outback, and a Strong-Strut tower brace up front. We're talkin' some Deutschland muscle."

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    Last edited by GSXRliterbikz; 03-31-2014 at 08:46 PM.

1998 bmw 540i 6 speed, JBrace flyweel with clutchnet clutch, K&N cold air intake, Super Spirit exhaust, Dinan Stage 2 software, 3.15 rear,
    BC Race coil overs, Eibach sway bars, Taurus electric fan, Lots of stereo upgrades

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    LOL where did that come from? If yer ranting at me you are way off base, ive defended the guy more times than anybody. And how are you ranting at people for being "cheap xxx" yet then the conversation has been about spending more not less? You do realize being "cheap" would be telling him to spend less, right? Plus is classic drunken black and white internet all or nothing ranting to say "eaton 112 takes 'an enormous xxx' on a centri..." No. No it doesnt. Thats internet fantasy rant garbage. Its not really that crazy hot of a blower. Hopefully he does make more & better power sure but he aint gonna make 600whp on pump with it which is what "taking an enormous xxx" would actually have to be like.
    Last edited by geargrinder; 03-31-2014 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Removing last profane quotes from the other guy
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Quote Originally Posted by neonphire8604 View Post
    You cheap *** that talk *** about m5james can go *** off. 4200 isn't that much, worst case scenario he has to pay a professional to dyno tune his car OMG ANOTHER $2000 and that's on the way out of the park absolute max figure! An eaton 112 takes an enormous **** on a centrifugal sc.... Just sayin
    WHOA! Not the place for that man! We won't be seeing you for a bit I'm guessing. Did you even read the thread at all ?!?!
    Last edited by Mayorchuck; 03-31-2014 at 08:59 PM.

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    but I don't claim to know what I'm talking about for sure either, I can see paying $1000 to sit on a dyno for a day (and even that's expensive for 8hrs of work) vs emailing a guy a datalogs and him replying from his couch.
    Who knows how it works out James, but most likely you dont spend 1 long day as much as several shorter sessions. Dont forget when it is dyno time you pay for the big $$$ machine use of course as part of it. I think yer expectations are better in that range than the $500 for sure. Its not just the unknown platform too as the unknown hardware on the motor as well. Its just very different than your ford or harley experiences where legitimately its easier cuz the guys have seen 1000 of that rig and maybe even done tons of different hardware on the same platform so they've "seen it all" and truly they are confident a few tweaks will get it squared away. When i tossed the billet wheel in my audi turbo i was the first guy w one. We had a couple dyno sessions to get it dialed in... The next guys who bought the same gear from my tuner then ran easily from a flash, or could go for a quick dyno sesh if they wanted to optimize for small differences in their setup. Dyno tuning is a blast anyway though. My favorite part of a build - all comes together and you start getting final results and seeing how the hardware is workin. Well worth paying for!
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740iL
    I've read online on other forums about RRFPR and they're not that bad, but at the same time they're obviously not optimal either. DUDMD has said he's never tuned for larger injectors ever, so it's going to be trial and error but I know the man is slammed w/ work because he just opened his own shop, still has a turbo E34 540 project he hasn't finished, then life itself, etc...he's really doing me a favor by helping but I also believe he's partially excited to see his old X5 going FI and then it'll be a learning experience for him as well that he could apply to future business.

What's frustrating about talking to guys on the FI forums is that there's almost this arrogance in that they've been doing it so long in E36's that I should be doing my own research, but this is a V8, so it's a different beast all together. I guess I shouldn't be comparing Ford to BMW, but these guys are telling me I should expect to pay $1000 for each time I get a revision tune done, yet in the Ford world I paid $500 for lifetime tunes and it included an AEM wideband and laptop software so that I can do email tunes, so it's leaving a sour taste in my mouth when these guys are telling me I'm gonna have to pay out the ass every single time. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ning-questions

Nevertheless, I've got fingers crossed that this guys kit will bolt-on w/o issues, run w/o CEL's going off and from there it's just modifying the kit for my own piece of mind before driving from Seattle to Hollywood and back for Bimmerfest.
    I have similar experience with Ford tunes, about $250-300, but that was somebody I had known for a long time. I've still got a dyno close enough I could use for the day, but don't know anybody around here willing to mess with BMWs mapping.
    Last edited by Cobrajet429; 03-31-2014 at 09:49 PM.

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt C View Post
    I just read this entire post: m5james, the first guy through the wall always gets a little bloody so don't let the naysayers slow you down. My hat is off to you, and I admire you and every person that's ever attempted something that was outside of their comfort zone. I wish you a smooth and successful project and look forward to seeing it come to fruition - even if it from the safety and comfort of my front porch.
    Thank you, sir...looking forward to getting it in the mail and seeing where it takes me from there.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL where did that come from? If yer ranting at me you are way off base, ive defended the guy more times than anybody. And how are you ranting at people for being "cheap xxx" yet then the conversation has been about spending more not less? You do realize being "cheap" would be telling him to spend less, right? Plus is classic drunken black and white internet all or nothing ranting to say "eaton 112 takes 'an enormous xxx' on a centri..." No. No it doesnt. Thats internet fantasy rant garbage. Its not really that crazy hot of a blower. Hopefully he does make more & better power sure but he aint gonna make 600whp on pump with it which is what "taking an enormous xxx" would actually have to be like.
    Thanks for the support, guys...I'm as leary as the next, the only reason I'm following through w/ it is because I've used the same SC and it's based from a kit on a proven car, just adapted for our vehicles. The biggest problem of the Eaton is they're called Heaton's because they're an older design that's been around for a long time. I was pushing 450ish outta my stock Eaton on my Harley truck before I broke a rod (doing 35mph in traffic no less), but there are guys who've gotten wild porting done, huge pulleys, etc and touched 11 sec quarter miles w/ that little supercharger. For it's use in the X5, it's going to remain stock 6-8psi, upgrading the FP and trying to get VF injectors to work...not for power reasons, but for my own safety. Once it gets installed into my 7, that's when I'm going to push the limits of my engine and the Eaton as well via porting, polishing, changing gearing, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

You cheap *** that talk *** about m5james can go *** off. 4200 isn't that much, worst case scenario he has to pay a professional to dyno tune his car OMG ANOTHER $2000 and that's on the way out of the park absolute max figure! An eaton 112 takes an enormous **** on a centrifugal sc.... Just sayin
    Hey now, watch out before you get banned like me :-P I work w/ a bunch of airplane mechanics everyday, so swearing is par for the course here lol. I appreciate the support, I don't think anyone is really implying that I'm being cheap, but at the same time...I honestly am. Before I came into BMW's, I owned other FI platforms that were super easy to tweak and add lots of HP for little money, so when I first started looking at Dinan stuff back in the day, I was blown away by how much he charged. In regards to this kit vs VF, Dinan or ESS, my biggest reason for going roots vs centrifugal just seemed like common sense to me...I'd rather have my boost down low vs way up high where the engine is already working overtime anyways just to get the power out.

I negotiated the price I got via offering to be a sponsor for him at Bimmerfest (pending everything runs as expected), so we came to an agreement on price, additional parts (so I can swap the kit into my non-VANOS 740iL6 down the road), etc etc...but trust me when I tell you, I have been and continue to be up this guys a$$ on anything from questions about parts included, better install instructions, tearing him a new one w/o telling me he came out w/ a Stage 6 (which he agreed to do w/o additional charge), etc...he hasn't answered me in a week (if anyone cares to email him and "inquire" about a kit for yourself, I'm curious if he answers), but thankfully everything has been shipped. I don't think there's any harm in posting this, so for anyone that cares to monitor progress, here's the information he sent me:

www.dhl.de they provide an English language and give them the two numbers for Tracking. 054804614478 ,054804614462

- - - Updated - - -

Who knows how it works out James, but most likely you dont spend 1 long day as much as several shorter sessions. Dont forget when it is dyno time you pay for the big $$$ machine use of course as part of it. I think yer expectations are better in that range than the $500 for sure. Its not just the unknown platform too as the unknown hardware on the motor as well. Its just very different than your ford or harley experiences where legitimately its easier cuz the guys have seen 1000 of that rig and maybe even done tons of different hardware on the same platform so they've "seen it all" and truly they are confident a few tweaks will get it squared away. When i tossed the billet wheel in my audi turbo i was the first guy w one. We had a couple dyno sessions to get it dialed in... The next guys who bought the same gear from my tuner then ran easily from a flash, or could go for a quick dyno sesh if they wanted to optimize for small differences in their setup. Dyno tuning is a blast anyway though. My favorite part of a build - all comes together and you start getting final results and seeing how the hardware is workin. Well worth paying for!
    I've been talking w/ Jon (JBIMFlyer) who got some tuning done through a guy named Jordan @ RK Tunes. Jon went higher boost, E85 and spraying meth, said he spent around $800 for in-person dyno tuning...but they're also both living in NYC. Apparently Jordan is in San Diego at the moment, but I've yet to speak to him in regards to how this'd work w/ me being in Seattle. Heck, maybe I spend a few days after Bimmerfest and have him tune it for me on the wild chance he's still in town. Point being, I'd pay $800 for in-person, perfection tuning...but I'm not going to pay that for me doing the datalogging, shooting emails back and forth, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet429 View Post
    I have similar experience with Ford tunes, about $250-300, but that was somebody I had known for a long time. I've still got a dyno close enough I could use for the day, but don't know anybody around here willing to mess with BMWs mapping.
    Everyone I spoke to on my forums said it HAD to be a Lightning/Harley tuner (no Mustang, Taurus SHO, etc), I couldn't find anybody in a pinch to do dyno tuning, so I went email tuning at the last minute.
    Last edited by m5james; 04-03-2014 at 09:32 PM.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Look what got delivered FIVE MINUTES after I'd left for work. I work until 1am tonight, this day is going to be soooo long
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by m5james; 04-09-2014 at 07:46 PM.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Look what got delivered FIVE MINUTES after I'd left for work. I work until 1am tonight, this day is going to be soooo long
    I think I am more excited than you right now !!!!!!!

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Oh no no no lol. I got the text and the pic as I was merging on the freeway...I damn near called in sick lol, but then my level head said that'd cost me a days pay as well as cut into my Bimmerfest vacation time. I'm going to examine everything tonight after work, then take it to my buddies who's going to help me install it and give it a second set of eyes since I don't have recent instructions since this is supposedly much different than the first design. My buddies recently done an M3 swap into a 318ti and now he's doing an M62 swap and ODBI conversion into his E34 540i, so I'm confident he'll be able to help me see things maybe I'd miss that could cause installation issues. Unfortunately I've still gotta order gaskets, wideband 02, Evans coolant and a few other bits and pieces, so it'll be another week or so of agony before I can even start the installation.
    Last edited by m5james; 04-09-2014 at 11:46 PM.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    Suck

Go ahead and bite. Plenty for everyone.

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    the people demand unboxing pics
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    the people demand unboxing pics
    a b s o l u t e l y !!!!!!!!!

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    I'm excited to see some pics. I also apologize for my drunken rant from last week :-/

1998 bmw 540i 6 speed, JBrace flyweel with clutchnet clutch, K&N cold air intake, Super Spirit exhaust, Dinan Stage 2 software, 3.15 rear,
    BC Race coil overs, Eibach sway bars, Taurus electric fan, Lots of stereo upgrades

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    I'm excited to see some pics. I also apologize for my drunken rant from last week :-/
    LOL. Welcome back. Ive been known to have a drunkpost or two in my day. Its like hookin up w the last girl in the bar: Feels good at the time but when you wake up you think "uhhh... Did I... Uh-oh..."
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    First box I received didn't include the SC, I was so excited. Instead it was the newly design plenum, Turbosmart fuel cut defenser and fuel pressure regulator, two air to water intercoolers (one sits inside the supercharger, the other behind the bumper) and associated hoses, intercooler pump and resevoir, gaskets between the heads and adapter plates, fuel rails and lines.

Today's box (once again after I'd left for work) should contain the supercharger, adapter plates, throttle body provisions (for both a non-VANOS and VANOS engine) and I'm not sure what else I might be missing. Once again it's going to be another long day

Photos are uploading to Photobucket as we speak, so I'll attach soon.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    Nice. People on BMW forums make me so mad sometimes haha. Like depo head lights for instance. We drive 15 year old cars, it's perfectly fine to use cheap parts on them! I bought my ride with blown headgaskets for $1200, why would I put on 1300 oem hella lights on it?

My Cars
    Suck
    Nice. People on BMW forums make me so mad sometimes haha. Like depo head lights for instance. We drive 15 year old cars, it's perfectly fine to use cheap parts on them! I bought my ride with blown headgaskets for $1200, why would I put on 1300 oem hella lights on it?
    Because they'll last another 15 years. Using cheap parts can be fine for some things, but then again, there are companies like URO that absolute garbage that fails far faster than any OEM part, often within a few thousand miles, or even right out of the box.

Headlights? I'd find a good used set, sand and polish them if I needed a new set. Sure, depos are cheap, but cheap things are cheap for a reason.

Go ahead and bite. Plenty for everyone.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast