Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Supercharger kits

My Cars
    2001 740il
    one time I thought about this idea(true story) and there was a boat guy slapping these on to motors and selling them. I have searched and searched and can't find him. He would fabricate the mounts himself and the end product was flawless. I have tried every google combination of words and still can't find the bastard.

James and liquidity need to get a room.

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    We already know the Bentley Arnage came twin turbo. Found this using Google m.youtube.com/watch?v=YnEIrC3T1dI
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    PERFORMANCE:JB4 w/ meth, stage 2 tune, wrapped downpipes, custom intake
    INTERIOR:AVIN 10.25" screen, Blackvue 550 dashcam, 7" tablet for JB4 logging
    EXTERIOR:Niche staggered 20's or AC Forged staggered 22's, H&R 2" suspension, LED AE, CF front splitter
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    PERFORMANCE:///M5 6spd swap, iron sleeves, L/W Teflon coated & silicone impregnated pistons, Sealed Power rings, 3 angle valvejob, P&P head, perf cams, electric fan, CF intake tube w/aluminium heatshield/wrapped MAF tubing, Magnaflow 14816'd, Eaton M112 in-work
    INTERIOR:Android Dynavin, hardwired V1 above rearview, 12" RE Audio DVC sub, MTX 81000D monoblock, CF silver trim, 5% tint
    EXTERIOR:///MPar staggered 19's, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, custom notched bumper, Shadowline trim, 750iL brakes w/ Axxis pads
    190hp 97 328ci
    PERFORMANCE:Single mass flywheel, ///M3 clutch
    EXTERIOR:Z4///M staggered 18's, rolled fenders, tinted markers

My Cars
    Suck
    Quote Originally Posted by m5james View Post
    We already know the Bentley Arnage came twin turbo. Found this using Google m.youtube.com/watch?v=YnEIrC3T1dI
    The arnage would have been a turbo m62, the engine in that video is an n63.

Go ahead and bite. Plenty for everyone.

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    At work, crappy YouTube video via my phone. I got the impression it looked like an N63 after I saw the cats at the rear at the rear of the engine. Either way, that's what I found on my quick search.

Back on topic...a guy on a website called Bimmerboost has been PM'ing me about the kit hrs already bought, but he hasn't installed it yet. I told him to email me pics before, during and after the install, so I'll be prying his ear until he joins here as well.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    EXTERIOR:Niche staggered 20's or AC Forged staggered 22's, H&R 2" suspension, LED AE, CF front splitter
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    PERFORMANCE:///M5 6spd swap, iron sleeves, L/W Teflon coated & silicone impregnated pistons, Sealed Power rings, 3 angle valvejob, P&P head, perf cams, electric fan, CF intake tube w/aluminium heatshield/wrapped MAF tubing, Magnaflow 14816'd, Eaton M112 in-work
    INTERIOR:Android Dynavin, hardwired V1 above rearview, 12" RE Audio DVC sub, MTX 81000D monoblock, CF silver trim, 5% tint
    EXTERIOR:///MPar staggered 19's, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, custom notched bumper, Shadowline trim, 750iL brakes w/ Axxis pads
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    Suck
    At work, crappy YouTube video via my phone. I got the impression it looked like an N63 after I saw the cats at the rear at the rear of the engine. Either way, that's what I found on my quick search.

Back on topic...a guy on a website called Bimmerboost has been PM'ing me about the kit hrs already bought, but he hasn't installed it yet. I told him to email me pics before, during and after the install, so I'll be prying his ear until he joins here as well.

N63 is reverse flow. Intake ports where exhaust would normally be and vice versa. You can see the turbos in the engine's V.

Go ahead and bite. Plenty for everyone.

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    James you really should start your own new build thread now that youre getting down to it. Either in e53 or better maybe Force Induction, but either way seems time to start fresh. Maybe we can dump some of the trollbaggage that way too.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Honestly, I'd rather not...a lot has been said here, trolls or not (easily ignored), but I'm all for one larger thread containing all the information vs multiple threads which ultimately all talk about the same thing. I can't see why there are so many forums for one brand of vehicle...just dillutes the information and makes it harder to find. I posted 5 different forums/threads that are discussing this topic, which means I'm replying to all now based on when someone replies...I'm at work running 5 tabs that I have to refresh to see if anyone has posted. Multiple threads means one thread could contain more than another, meaning sometimes I'm repeating myself and/or not giving the same information on one that I've given on another. All I can do is hope that people post on one thread more than another once I post install pics and give my reviews since there are more people reading vs actually contributing.
    Last edited by Mayorchuck; 03-08-2014 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Remove profanity
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Well. I disagree, as those 200 page threads get to be a misery and invite people to side-track them all the time. The excess number of forums I can agree with and agree you shouldn't make 17 threads or maintain them, I just think you should have a real new single build thread that is clean and short. Forget about the rest unless somebody posts some thing you really want to reply to. You can always dump in a few links a new thread to this one or some other one and say "for some background go see these..." The 200 page threads always are a drag when somebody says "yeah go back and find it..."
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    Well m5james, you beat me too it! I've been talking to this guy for months too but I might as well wait until you get yours first you got him down to 4200 shipped? Did he include the electric water pump?

1998 bmw 540i 6 speed, JBrace flyweel with clutchnet clutch, K&N cold air intake, Super Spirit exhaust, Dinan Stage 2 software, 3.15 rear,
    BC Race coil overs, Eibach sway bars, Taurus electric fan, Lots of stereo upgrades

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    $4200 includes shipping and everything, plus throttle provisions for both vehicles since the throttle setup is different in my X than in my 7. I've also changed from the Stage 2 setup to the Stage 6 since he says he's eliminated all of that copper tubing crap, made some additional improvements, etc. He sent me pics, I pointed out some blemishes in the engine cover/intake, so he's fixed it and I told him to send more pics showing every single item he's sending before he ships it tomorrow.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    That's excellent. I'm excited to see how it goes for ya. He told me 4800 is the best he can do for my "stage 6" kit.

1998 bmw 540i 6 speed, JBrace flyweel with clutchnet clutch, K&N cold air intake, Super Spirit exhaust, Dinan Stage 2 software, 3.15 rear,
    BC Race coil overs, Eibach sway bars, Taurus electric fan, Lots of stereo upgrades

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    I assume you won't be saying "well, you did it for James" kinda thing I've been hounding for months before I ponied up, then I told him it'd be for Bimmerfest and that if he hooked me up, I'd put his logo's and cards on the X while at the show. I've sent COUNTLESS emails, asked a million questions, upgraded from Stage 2 to Stage 6 after I yelled at him via email for not telling me it was even in works after I'd already paid, etc...I'm sure he'll be happy to have me off his back. Until it's in my car and running, I'm still ready to contact PayPal as I've got 6 mo to file a claim if it doesn't work out.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    I've been asking him questions here and there for about a year now. I'm glad he finally made a website. If it actually works I'll gladly pay 4800.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    Are you going to bring it somewhere and have it tuned on a dyno?

DUDMD is offline BMW Maniac Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    95-540i/6 98-750iL
    Quote Originally Posted by neonphire8604 View Post
    Are you going to bring it somewhere and have it tuned on a dyno?
    I'll be doing the DME adjustments as much as possible, probably mostly on the street and maybe final adjustments on the dyno.
    I previously owned this X5, it's nice that I get to work on it again a little.
    Performance Tuning and EWS Delete for MSS52/MSS54/MSS54HP/MS41/MS42/MS43/ME7.2/M5.2
    Virgnize DME service available to unlock DME to sync to another vehicle on EWS3 vehicles 98+. M5.2.1, M7.2, MS42, MS43, MS45, ME9.2 and more.

Easiest way to contact me is to send me a message on my facebook page "DUDMD Tuning"

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Cool to see an update (and James off suspension... ) LOL at the "Stages".... so basically if yer cheap you can still get the crappy junk parts version as "Stage 2" even though he's got better parts/design? Guy needs help w/ his business sense. Can't wait to see/hear next step still... we want to see real parts landed in USA...!
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

AquilaBMW is offline Mad Bimmerist BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    What's this guy's website? I'd like to take a peek. As I said before, James is one of the customers helping him develop this kit. I hope it's successful - that will offer options to everyone.

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    Cool to see an update (and James off suspension... ) LOL at the "Stages".... so basically if yer cheap you can still get the crappy junk parts version as "Stage 2" even though he's got better parts/design? Guy needs help w/ his business sense. Can't wait to see/hear next step still... we want to see real parts landed in USA...!
    Hey now, don't make me start swearing at you ;-)

Actually, his Stage 2 is a proven Jaguar intake manifold and intercooler setup, so stage 4 & 6 are his own designs re-using only the SC alone, everything else is custom. I always thought stage 4 looked like crap, stage 6 I'm still on the fence about because of his intercooler design (sandwiched between the SC outlet to a metal plate above it) which is hidden underneath the plate shown in his pics, and while he doesn't have dyno proven results, he swears it feels much better driving than the 2 & 4 designs. I honestly like the stage 2 look better because you can actually see the supercharger, but stage 6 is his latest design with no copper plumbing, the intake feeds in the front of the engine vs a long tube running to the back of the SC, I won't see the wiring changes underneath everything, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AquilaBMW View Post
    What's this guy's website? I'd like to take a peek. As I said before, James is one of the customers helping him develop this kit. I hope it's successful - that will offer options to everyone.
    www.jg-supercharger.com,then click the English flag on the bottom right of the page. He hasn't updated it with the Stage 6. I'm still hoping to see videos of Stage 6, but in the meantime I've found more on YouTube than what are listed on his site for the stage 2 and 4 kits just be searching obvious keywords.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DUDMD View Post
    I'll be doing the DME adjustments as much as possible, probably mostly on the street and maybe final adjustments on the dyno.
    I previously owned this X5, it's nice that I get to work on it again a little.
    I've been meaning to schedule an appointment at Carb Conn to get before HP numbers, install the wideband and then get it to you when you have a moment.
    Last edited by m5james; 03-18-2014 at 07:40 PM.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740IL
    So whats stopping people from getting this SC from a jaguar? Srry i didnt keep up to much with this interesting thread.

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Then start from page 1 and get caught up...if it's interesting enough to you like it is to me, reading each thread on each of the forums will be well worth it. A quick answer to your question though is that the stock XJR setup doesn't simply bolt on, it requires adapter plates, then everything else needed to make it run in the car, that's where the additional costs come from.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740IL
    Then start from page 1 and get caught up...if it's interesting enough to you like it is to me, reading each thread on each of the forums will be well worth it. A quick answer to your question though is that the stock XJR setup doesn't simply bolt on, it requires adapter plates, then everything else needed to make it run in the car, that's where the additional costs come from.
    Let me get my reading glasses lol

My Cars
    2001 Bmw 740i Sport
    got any pics of your 7?
    "lifes good, Be patient"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoyhWzIVKv9GoZcRz7hQesg

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Sending pics to my work email so that I can upload them here, but he's sent me a few pics of my kit...initial complete then after I griped about a few things

Quote Originally Posted by Alpina7 View Post
    got any pics of your 7?
    It's really nothing special at the moment, visually at least. Staggered M-pars, lowered on H&R Stage II and new Bilsteins, notched bumper for Magnaflow 14816's, silver painted interior trim, dual headrest monitors, porn lights, tint. Eventually I'll get an M7 bodykit, wheels and maybe switch to coilovers once I see how I like them on my X5.

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine7 View Post
    Let me get my reading glasses lol
    I think you'll enjoy getting caught up
    Last edited by m5james; 03-19-2014 at 09:16 PM.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    Did you get your kit yet?

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    It's being shipped, I've got two DHL tracking numbers since he sent it in two pieces. I kept mentioning little things I was seeing in his pics, so he's been addressing my issues from what it looks like. I'd attach pics but I'm at work and this site refuses to reduce images to post, so I have to do it manually :-/
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast