Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Supercharger kits

My Cars
    728isport,740i

Ebay Supercharger kits

Has anyone had any experience with the Eaton based charger kits offered from germany? They seem to be quite comprehensive but some feedback would be great.

thanks
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

My Cars
    2000 Bmw 750il
    I've read about it. I need to see a e38 actually using it. But I've been researching about this setup forever. This is info I got.

First Eaton Supercharger M112 with holders and fitting throttle-assembled for mounting the throttle on the loader
    Second Air Coolers including left and right connectors
    Third Pre Ansaugadapter left and right bank including seals
    4th Injection line left and right pre-assembled with hose surcharge of EUR 300
    M5 with injectors
    5th Fuel Pressure Regulator with hoses and connections
    6th Ribbed belt (depending on engine size M60 or M62)
    7th Tees and water hose to cool the Aircooler
    8th 1 water cooler and auxiliary pump for extra cooling on demand
    120 EUR charge 2 or M Radiator in original shock rod
    9th Wastegate pressure relief valve with tubing
    10th Intake air hose with adapter
    11th Secondary air line aluminum relocation M62B44S2 Only 150 EUR charge
    11th Color wish otherwise standard vehicle color silver
    12th Detailed installation instructions in writing and pictures and exhaust report copy
    13th INPA / Edibas software for diagnostics and adjustment
    14th Alpina B10 V8 DME + V-max open for update Flasch (Only M62 B44 S1)

The installation of the kit may even successes, there is a detailed installation instructions provided with the kit, difficulty for amateur wrench 4 (1 easy 10 Car champion). Alternatively, the installation of the kit is hir-site installation available by appointment. The installation of the complete kit costs 400 EUR hir. The kit is installed within 2-3 days and Matched. If the kit is to be registered you need for your vehicle, a protocol on the chassis dynamometer. After installation, you must at least RON 98 octane Super Plus refueling. Engine modifications are not necessary! For the M62 B44 S2 comes to a surcharge of EUR 100 for the amendment of the secondary air line and water hoses. The kit is unique and is manufactured as a special order on Match any vehicle! Fits in the e31 840Ci both engine variants
    in the E38 740i and 540i in the e39 also possible in the BMW X5 4.4 liter e34 and e32 with M60b40. All M60 and M62 with displacement from 4.0l and 4.4l engine.

I just found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSmiIGui7OY
    Last edited by 740il97g; 09-17-2013 at 11:30 AM.

My Cars
    728isport,740i
    I spoke to the guy on the phone for about 20mins earlier today. I had 2 main concerns about the setup:

1. The engine management. It seems that the setup will disable ews. Also the MAF is disabled using Alpha-N. Im just a bit nervous about a generic map. Maybe this is the way all SC kits work?

2. Fuel injectors. The fuel demand of the setup is achieved by increasing line pressure. I feel this is a low-tech way of getting more fuel. Surely bigger injectors is the real solution.

I guess the real worry here is fact that there is not enough know about the seller. The bits of the kit are actually pretty good. Eaton M112 and tanks from jag etc. Just not sure on the electronics. Can anyone who knows more about the sparky bits chime in?

ta

- - - Updated - - -

Another problem we have is communication. He speaks German and broken English. I found him difficult to understand (my issue not his). He seemed very helpful and enthusiastic, or maybe he was telling me to F-Off!! Not sure now...

- - - Updated - - -

He also has another kit using same EatonM112. He claimed it was better than the Jag setup:

With engine cover on:

My Cars
    Suck
    There was a thread about this setup in the e34 subforum recently. If you look at the pics it's a terrible bodge. The plastic boxes for the injector harnesses are replaced with silicon hose split lengthwise and secured with zip ties. Hose clamps used on charge pipes, fuel is increased with a RRFPR... it may work, but it's hardly a piece I'd want to show off.

My Cars
    728isport,740i
    The actual installation doesn't bother me so much. What he used to hold wires etc in place is not necessarily what we may use. ESS use the same hose clamps on their kits. Id use Mikalor clamps. What im more interested in is the actual execution of this kit. Im particularly interested to hear what our electronic gurus have to say about the management.

My Cars
    2001 Bmw 740i Sport
    damn, i want
    "lifes good, Be patient"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoyhWzIVKv9GoZcRz7hQesg

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Links to these kits? That second one has my eye for sure.

My Cars
    1997 750 IL
    Quote Originally Posted by Binjammin View Post
    There was a thread about this setup in the e34 subforum recently. If you look at the pics it's a terrible bodge. The plastic boxes for the injector harnesses are replaced with silicon hose split lengthwise and secured with zip ties. Hose clamps used on charge pipes, fuel is increased with a RRFPR... it may work, but it's hardly a piece I'd want to show off.
    But look! It says V8 and "supercharged" on it!

My Cars
    728isport,740i
    The first setup is lifted straight from the Jaguar XKR:

this makes me lean toward it as it is a proven setup. The fueling i can accept as would get bigger injectors. Its the electronics Im not sure about

My Cars
    2000 Bmw 750il
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    Links to these kits? That second one has my eye for sure.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supercharger...3aa387&vxp=mtr

My Cars
    Suck
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    The first setup is lifted straight from the Jaguar XKR:

this makes me lean toward it as it is a proven setup. The fueling i can accept as would get bigger injectors. Its the electronics Im not sure about
    Not sure what you mean by electronics, I don't think there ARE any in this kit. The electronics you would want would be a tune and probably bigger maf and injectors. Other than that, all fueling and timing can be controlled with stock equipment and there really isn't any need for anything electronic, other than MAYBE a new throttle body or a different one for the m62tu cars.

My Cars
    97 540i 98 540i 08 335i
    there are electronics, if you look on his ebay page you will see and ecu colored blue in the pic..

My Cars
    Suck
    Quote Originally Posted by eturnulrs704 View Post
    there are electronics, if you look on his ebay page you will see and ecu colored blue in the pic..

A megasquirt to run the engine will not pass OBDII by any stretch. The "tuning and electronics" included in this kit are a bodge at best.

My Cars
    1999 BMW540 Supercharged
    I`v also been following this guys kits for sale.

I did speak with an Aussie who bought one on ebay and i`m hoping he will bring me up to speed when he gets round to fitting it but i do like the use of the M112 from the xkr and it looks quite nice in the V8 vee. They can also be easily sourced here in Blighty.

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Thread bump for updates before I pull the trigger.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    PERFORMANCE:JB4 w/ meth, stage 2 tune, wrapped downpipes, custom intake
    INTERIOR:AVIN 10.25" screen, Blackvue 550 dashcam, 7" tablet for JB4 logging
    EXTERIOR:Niche staggered 20's or AC Forged staggered 22's, H&R 2" suspension, LED AE, CF front splitter
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    PERFORMANCE:///M5 6spd swap, iron sleeves, L/W Teflon coated & silicone impregnated pistons, Sealed Power rings, 3 angle valvejob, P&P head, perf cams, electric fan, CF intake tube w/aluminium heatshield/wrapped MAF tubing, Magnaflow 14816'd, Eaton M112 in-work
    INTERIOR:Android Dynavin, hardwired V1 above rearview, 12" RE Audio DVC sub, MTX 81000D monoblock, CF silver trim, 5% tint
    EXTERIOR:///MPar staggered 19's, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, custom notched bumper, Shadowline trim, 750iL brakes w/ Axxis pads
    190hp 97 328ci
    PERFORMANCE:Single mass flywheel, ///M3 clutch
    EXTERIOR:Z4///M staggered 18's, rolled fenders, tinted markers

My Cars
    98 740il, 00 540i,04 ZHP
    For that amount of money, why not save up a little more and get a proven setup from VF or something? Seems like you're going to have to do a lot more work with this one.
    '98 740il | 9/97 build | schwarz 2 | sandbeige | 5AT | 270k
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 120k
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 152k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 216k | one owner, all original

mods: m-pars | Bilsteins & B&G springs | ValentineOne | StealthOne
    retrofits: full nav | MKIV | bluetooth TCU | BM53 w/ AUX input | video module w/ AV input & backup cam | oem sirius xm | xenon | shades | PDC | rain sensor | BMW DWS TPMS | lighted door handles | front seat heaters | heated steering wheel | euro rear fog lights | ski pass | folding mirrors

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by racer2086 View Post
    For that amount of money, why not save up a little more and get a proven setup from VF or something? Seems like you're going to have to do a lot more work with this one.
    +1. Or you could even find a used VF kit for around $3000-3500 and have a proven product. That Ebay kit using the Jag setup just screams home built time bomb waiting to explode to me.

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Quote Originally Posted by racer2086 View Post
    For that amount of money why not save up a little more and get a proven setup from VF or something? Seems like you're going to have to do a lot more work with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrabMafia View Post
    +1. Or you could even find a used VF kit for around $3000-3500 and have a proven product. That Ebay kit using the Jag setup just screams home built time bomb waiting to explode to me.

It's not about the money because I can buy the VF just as easily, the difference in power delivery between a centrifugal and a roots is night and day. My Harley F150 uses an Eaton M112 also (case is different, snout is on the other side, same guts though) so I know the Eaton is a proven supercharger just as much as the Vortech...it's the fuel delivery and tuning in his kit I'm more concerned about. I'm curious what I could do after the fact to make his system more reliable, ie I've already got a tuner, so after that it's things I did on my Harley to get increased power...bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, a MAF that has s bigger operating window, etc.

In regards to our BMW's, I'm assuming there's a safe operating window within a stock engine, ECU, fuel pump(s) and injectors, etc just like there is on my POS Ford. My truck came stock with around 300hp, but over time other people have learned that 450hp is the limit of the stock rods. After going fully built on the truck engine, anything above 500hp and then it was time to start looking into the items I mentioned above because now I'm sitting well above 600 hp. While I don't like the use of an FMU, and yes, that are better ways, but it's not like those haven't proven themselves over the years anyways on plenty of other applications. I don't plan on pushing my stock engine to it's limits at all, so my plan is to install the supercharger and everything that comes with it, an AEM wideband (same one I used for tuning on my truck), a boost gauge (useless really, I just like seeing it ) and then having DUDMD look at doing some fine tuning. He's said he's never done tuning after larger injectors and a MAF have been added, so I'm mostly looking into having him tweak within the confines of the stock components and then determine what really NEEDED vs just desired.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1958 View Post
    I`v also been following this guys kits for sale.

I did speak with an Aussie who bought one on ebay and i`m hoping he will bring me up to speed when he gets round to fitting it but i do like the use of the M112 from the xkr and it looks quite nice in the V8 vee. They can also be easily sourced here in Blighty.
    You ever speak to this guy again? I've yet to find someone I can speak to directly about the kit, how it feels under power, installation roadblocks, fitments, tips and tricks, etc.
    Last edited by m5james; 01-31-2014 at 04:10 PM.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    EXTERIOR:Niche staggered 20's or AC Forged staggered 22's, H&R 2" suspension, LED AE, CF front splitter
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    PERFORMANCE:///M5 6spd swap, iron sleeves, L/W Teflon coated & silicone impregnated pistons, Sealed Power rings, 3 angle valvejob, P&P head, perf cams, electric fan, CF intake tube w/aluminium heatshield/wrapped MAF tubing, Magnaflow 14816'd, Eaton M112 in-work
    INTERIOR:Android Dynavin, hardwired V1 above rearview, 12" RE Audio DVC sub, MTX 81000D monoblock, CF silver trim, 5% tint
    EXTERIOR:///MPar staggered 19's, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, custom notched bumper, Shadowline trim, 750iL brakes w/ Axxis pads
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    740iL 97 M3 56 190sl
    Go for it m5james...
    2001 740iL Alpine White/Sand Leather, DINAN S1(package includes: Stage 3 Engine Software; Automatic Transmission Software; High Flow Cold Air Intake; Free Flow Exhaust; High Flow Throttle Body; Stage 1 Suspension System; Dinan Floor Mat Set; Serial Numbered Dinan S1-740 Plaque; Dinan Deck Lid Badge ), VF-Engineering Supercharger, 18" M-Pars, UUC 25.4mm front bar and 15.6mm rear bar, PerformanceGearing 3.38 LSD, DINAN Stage 2 Brake Conversion Kit, Bluetooth Kit, Widescreen 16x9 display, MKIV Nav, Ceramic 40 tint, DINAN M5 Monoball Kit, Umnitza Orion V2 AE 6K, ACS front spoiler, Euro OEM Trailer Hitch. DINAN Camber Plates.

My Cars
    Suck
    If you go for it, you'll be chasing nightmare issues until you get so frustrated you put the car back to stock and sell the parts, or you sell the car with the parts, both cases at a loss. Not worth it at all.

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport
    If you go for it, you'll be chasing nightmare issues until you get so frustrated you put the car back to stock and sell the parts, or you sell the car with the parts, both cases at a loss. Not worth it at all.
    What he said. That kit is a one big problem just waiting to happen.

To answer one of your other questions, the limiting factor to pushing big HP in the E38 is the trans. I think you can safely run about 450hp and 500hp is probably the max limit. Anything over that and you're gonna grenade it and end up spending $7000 on a level 10 trans.

My Cars
    Suck
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrabMafia View Post
    What he said. That kit is a one big problem just waiting to happen.

To answer one of your other questions, the limiting factor to pushing big HP in the E38 is the trans. I think you can safely run about 450hp and 500hp is probably the max limit. Anything over that and you're gonna grenade it and end up spending $7000 on a level 10 trans.
    This would be an idea candidate for a 6 speed swap, upgraded clutch, and someone that can actually tune a DME. Know of anyone that can beef up a zf box?

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    I asked for the installation instructions, but he said he had an issue where someone had stolen his plans and then copied his system. He only finally sent me the instructions after I negotiated a price and paid for his system. He said it'll take about a month to get made and shipped, so I've got more time to keep doing research. I've got the instruction in my email via a Word document, but like all other conversations with him, it's a very poor German to English translation via Google Translate. Anyone w/ suggestions as to where I can post the instructions and then be able to link onto forums for free for everyones review?
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    Suck
    You paid for something on ebay and you wont see it until after the dispute period is over for paypal, because he has to make it?

How does this not raise every possible red flag for you?

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740iL
    This would be an idea candidate for a 6 speed swap, upgraded clutch, and someone that can actually tune a DME. Know of anyone that can beef up a zf box?
    A level 10 trans was mentioned. I didn't know they did ZF transmissions, but it can definitely vouch for the strength of the Ford Units they build. I've had Fords pushing over 600 hp backed up by a level 10 trans and they held up to multiple seasons at the drag strip. Of course the Ford units were nowhere near the $7000 price tag of the ZF units though and in these cars I would rather do a 6 speed conversion.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast