Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stainless clutch line?

My Cars
    Coupe

Stainless clutch line?

What recommendations do you guys have? I'm looking at UUC, Rogue engineering, and ireland engineering stainless clutch lines. I'm thinking about going with Rogue.

My Cars
    1998 Z3 Roadster
    I bought mine from Turner Motorsport. I can't say who manufactured it, but it's fine.

My Cars
    ///M Roadster
    I have the UUC product (bought 6 months ago), and had no issues with it but... I've read a lot of bad things about it on this forum, I think they had a bad batch or two.
    Cyrus Mistry

My Cars
    1999 Z3 MC, 2000 540it
    Quote Originally Posted by cfmistry View Post
    I have the UUC product (bought 6 months ago), and had no issues with it but... I've read a lot of bad things about it on this forum, I think they had a bad batch or two.
    RE has redesigned theirs. If I were buying one right now I would choose theirs.
    My current one is UUC with no troubles.

My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    I just put in the UUC piece on Friday and it's made a world of difference and my wrenches fit all of the fittings just fine (some earlier complaints involved 14mm wrenches not fitting over what were supposed to be 14mm fittings).

As far as the Rogue Engineering piece, it was at the top of my list with its new design, but dropped pretty quickly when I realized it was effectively twice as much as the UUC piece after shipping. FYI: UUC has had some good deals lately with 15% your next order so I got my clutch line for $24.99 and they threw in a free shirt, like a sleazy used car sale.
    -Chris

No Chrome on the Wheels, I'm a Baller for Real

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    I have a RE I changed ~2months ago. Went in with no problems, and I did it alone. I do have a set of metric line wrenches that helped. Perfect fitment though.

I've had issues from UUC and refuse to buy anything of their's directly anymore. The only item of their's I will eventually have is a DSSR, other than that I will stick with other companies. Just my 0.02, take it as you like.
    Last edited by robb1887; 09-16-2013 at 08:34 AM.

My Cars
    Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
    I have a RE I changed ~2months ago. Went in with no problems, and I did it alone. I do have a set of metric line wrenches that helped. Perfect fitment though.

I've had issues from UUC and refuse to buy anything of their's directly anymore. The only item of their's I will eventually have is a DSSR, other than that I will stick with other companies. Just my 0.02, take it as you like.
    No comments on Ireland engineering?

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    For the record it was not a UUC clutch line but brake component and customer service.

I don't have any feedback on IE since I have yet to use any of their products.

My Cars
    Coupe
    Geez, $14 bucks for shipping on RE clutch line. I might just go with UUC.

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    shipping is cheaper at UUC because it takes them 6 weeks to ship it

My Cars
    '87 325i/00 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Grylls View Post
    shipping is cheaper at UUC because it takes them 6 weeks to ship it
    I ordered mine last Monday and received it on Thursday.

1 of 24 | Chrome Shadow Roadstars | TCK S/A | GC Street Camber Plates | Ansa Exhaust | ECIS Intake | DICE iPod Integration | Leather Z Armrests | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob | UUC Clutch bushings/stop/line

My Cars
    Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by the alpinweiss View Post
    I ordered mine last Monday and received it on Thursday.
    Seems good to me.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A13EY1GLMTOZ8A

29 bucks shipped. I think that's totally worth it.

My Cars
    02 e367, 08 Acura TL-S
    Given Rougue's willingness to STILL design parts specific to tge Z3 despite the age and lack of full aftermarket demand, I would only buy their's. For what is essentially a couple bucks more, I'd rather support the community

-Todd

My Cars
    Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by lokijibber View Post
    Given Rougue's willingness to STILL design parts specific to tge Z3 despite the age and lack of full aftermarket demand, I would only buy their's. For what is essentially a couple bucks more, I'd rather support the community
    Maybe, but for $20 more dollars. I can't really see it. I'd definitely buy it if it didn't have $15 dollar shipping...i hate it when this happens with companies.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    So you justify buying other things from them and make sure they see that the products they offer for our chassis is appriciated. Get some RSM, or any other of RE's awesome goodies. I know I could spend plenty there.

My Cars
    Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
    So you justify buying other things from them and make sure they see that the products they offer for our chassis is appriciated. Get some RSM, or any other of RE's awesome goodies. I know I could spend plenty there.
    Just out of curiosity, I wanted to see how much shipping would cost for a clutch stop. $14...This is just totally ridiculous.

I will say this, I would pay the extra $10 for their SS clutch line, but total cost (with shipping) is very important to me.

I don't understand the problem with UUC. The majority of the people on here have had very good results with the line? Others have had supposedly a bad batch.

I might give RE and UUC a call. Get more INFO.

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.5L 5sp
    Per a previous posting: now that the line is in place, it works just fine. My problem with it initially, and I'm kicking myself for not checking beforehand, was that the last thread on the female end had been "clunked" (hit with something) and had been folded over. Once I realized this, I was able to straighten it out in two minutes and then it installed with no problems... it's just the half hour I wasted fighting with it that I didn't appreciate. So: if you buy a UUC/Turner hose, just make sure the treads are ok, and you should be good to go.

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    Go to the vendor support forum and search on the vendor of your choice. Some seem to gather many more pissed customers than others....

/.randy

My Cars
    Coupe
    There weren't any true developing threads about bad rep on UUC. Although, i couldn't find anything bad on RE, it doesn't seem like too many people talked about them in the first place, good or bad.

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    A while back I had a local sheriff drop off his personal vehicle and tell me to fix it. Just look it over and fix it. I asked if wanted a call first with a list of what we find. He said that he was busy and hard to get hold of... just fix it. Then he said he looked through all the small claim court records, we were the only shop in town that had NEVER been a defendant. While the lack of court cases doesn't say there aren't problems occasionally, it does say that we make sure they get resolved to the customers satisfaction. Just fix it.

In today's world, the lack of complaints is high praise indeed.
    Last edited by rf900rkw; 09-18-2013 at 09:38 AM.

/.randy

My Cars
    2000 M roadster
    I'm sure nobody here is at all surprised at your good reputation Randy. Relative to your note about forum comments, I think the lack of small claims activity is a better indicator that posts in a forum.
    It is way easier to post complaints on a forum than to take actual action like filing a claim in court. I think in both venues there are baseless claims made. In forums, there is rarely any justice when a baseless claim is made.
    My real point is that I see a lot of complaints and bad reviews online that are clearly based on a lack of understanding on the part of the person complaining. At the same time when I see a clear description of a quality issue such as the one Greg described with the threads, it looks like UUC might have some handling or packaging issues. Of course it helps that he is a known reasonable/ knowledgable individual. You definitely have to sort the wheat from the chaff.

One other comment, I also look at the design aspects of parts like these lines. I received a different line from UUC than shown on their website. There is no union involved at the slave end of mine. Simply a male fitting on the end of the bent tube. I viewed this as a good thing compared to the UUC line with the union and the RE version due to less connections being less opportunity for leaks. I have had no issues with mine btw.
    My 2¢.
    John

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    Quote Originally Posted by WisM View Post
    I'm sure nobody here is at all surprised at your good reputation Randy. Relative to your note about forum comments, I think the lack of small claims activity is a better indicator that posts in a forum.
    It is way easier to post complaints on a forum than to take actual action like filing a claim in court. I think in both venues there are baseless claims made. In forums, there is rarely any justice when a baseless claim is made.
    My real point is that I see a lot of complaints and bad reviews online that are clearly based on a lack of understanding on the part of the person complaining. At the same time when I see a clear description of a quality issue such as the one Greg described with the threads, it looks like UUC might have some handling or packaging issues. Of course it helps that he is a known reasonable/ knowledgable individual. You definitely have to sort the wheat from the chaff.

One other comment, I also look at the design aspects of parts like these lines. I received a different line from UUC than shown on their website. There is no union involved at the slave end of mine. Simply a male fitting on the end of the bent tube. I viewed this as a good thing compared to the UUC line with the union and the RE version due to less connections being less opportunity for leaks. I have had no issues with mine btw.
    My 2¢.
    +1 getting super OT here but I will post cliffs of my UUC story real quick just for another reference in the forums

October of 2012 bought DSSR from UUC
    Received DSSR, installed, found out it was incorrect non-twisted version
    Within two weeks call UUC for return, they tell me will ship out within a week
    Call again same answer
    Call again same answer
    Call again, machine shop guys are on vacation, it is December now, they tell me they won't be able to make one after the first of the year
    Mid January I receive another DSSR
    I get deployed
    9 months later...
    Sell "good" DSSR, find out it is not twisted from person who bought it, I refunded them and got it back
    Call UUC two weeks ago they said they would ship it out same day

........yeah about that

hate to muddy up this thread, but if you really want a reason to not do business with someone, there you go

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Rouge Engineering is top notch--really expensive, but unparalleled. I think I'm still making mortgage payments on my differential cover, but boy is it nice. And their RSM's what a brilliant design. You get what you pay for with them--$20 shipping is ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as free shipping that takes 6 weeks.

My Cars
    Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bingley View Post
    Rouge Engineering is top notch--really expensive, but unparalleled. I think I'm still making mortgage payments on my differential cover, but boy is it nice. And their RSM's what a brilliant design. You get what you pay for with them--$20 shipping is ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as free shipping that takes 6 weeks.
    I'd be more comfortable buying from them through Amazon (liability, etc). They'll have set date that it needs to be delivered by.

On the side note: I'm going to put this line aside for a little because i'm trying to fix my ABS...nothing but problems with this thing.

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.5L 5sp
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy147 View Post
    I'd be more comfortable buying from them through Amazon (liability, etc). They'll have set date that it needs to be delivered by.

On the side note: I'm going to put this line aside for a little because i'm trying to fix my ABS...nothing but problems with this thing.
    Probably you should start a new thread w/re the ABS... but just a quick note: all too often the ABS light will be on because of dirty wheel speed sensors, which are an easy fix.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast