Thread: 2011 328ix automatic - cold shifts

My Cars
    1988 L6

2011 328ix automatic - cold shifts

Hello all. Anyone have experience with tranny "morning sickness" on these? Mine has 33k on the clock and when cold starting and driving, seems to be very finicky with the shifts. Lot of pressure build-up esp when going from 2-3 and 3-4. I almost need to place it in sport/manual and shift myself to relieve it. Does it his make sense? Does it have to do with the AWD ( this is my first awd, although I've rented some Subaru AWD's and didn't encounter any issues). Thanks

My Cars
    1988 L6
    Sorry -meant 2010, not 2011

My Cars
    335d, 328xd (had 330xi)
    Pretty normal. ECU keeps the revs up a bit to warm up the engine and drivetrain quicker. If it doesn't go away after 2-3 miles, I'd worry.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328x
    Floydr is right. It is a very annoying behavior that is programmed in from birth! On cold days it warms the engine faster but makes you sound like an incompetent driver, over revving in 1st and 2nd gears.

My Cars
    1988 L6
    Yes - you nailed it! I thought I looked and sounded like an idiot and I was blowing up the tranny as well. Thanks all. I still look like an idiot when the car is fine after a couple miles....at least that's what my wife tells me :-)