Thread: Been Trying to Install DIS v57 for over a week.... I'm in need of help now

My Cars
    2003 bmw 330i

Been Trying to Install DIS v57 for over a week.... I'm in need of help now

So this is what I've done.....

1. Installed VMWare 7.0 workstation
    2. Installed Daemon Tools
    3. Got the Dis v44 iso
    4. Got the GT1 iso
    5. Got the dis v57 iso
    6. Installed Dis v44 using the HOW TO INSTALL GT1 install guide.
    7. Cloned dis v44 then installed dis v57 on the clone.
    8. Read david's Read This First
    9. Read the dis v57 check off sheet
    10. trying to use the fister profile
    11. I've also read countless amount of forums

It still says there is no diagnostic head.... I dont get it.... i'm using windows vista on an HP laptop
    Last edited by batosailt; 09-10-2013 at 12:23 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you have installed v57 according to all the guides, you should have configured processes so that vm is off (i.e. set to not run) and DSM & NSW are set to run. You should also have chosen Fister as the translator. If this is the case, you will not see a diagnostic head as DIS v57 is already connected to your diagnostic head via the virtual network. To confirm this is the case, start the IFHSrv32, then start DIS. Start a diagnostic (no need to connect to your car) and look at the IFHSrv32 icon in your toolbar, it should display the IP address 192.168.68.30. If this is the case, your installation is good to go.

My Cars
    2003 bmw 330i
    this is the is the pic of my DIS v57.... I don't see the IP Address at the top

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Pick a model and variant to begin the diagnostic, then have a look at the IFHSrv32 icon on your Windows toolbar - that is where the IP address is displayed.

My Cars
    2003 bmw 330i
    thanks alot David!!! it worked!!!! im super super thankful!!!!!

My Cars
    3er
    i might have the same issue, but there is 1 thing that i noticed... the IP ending with .30 - does it have to be .30 or can it be something else? because windows told me that there is an IP conflict, so i changed the SSSv37 IP to .35 instead... but maybe that is why both of them dont work now?

i dont see any IPs in IFHS tho...(but diaghead says keepalive). and im not sure what is fister profile... (and there is no free diagnostics head in the list... which is the main problem..)
    Last edited by screenshot; 11-08-2015 at 06:03 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The IFHSsrv32 can be located in c:/EDIABAS/Bin and must be started before starting DIS. As this is always the case with DIS running under VMware, the easiest option is to create a shortcut to it and keep it on your desktop. I would trash the diaghead emulator and configure DIS to run without it (translator set to Fister and processes configured so tha vm is set to off and nsw & dsm are set to run).
    Depending on configuration of your vm, IP address can end in 30, 31 or 32.
    Last edited by David Mc; 11-08-2015 at 06:58 PM.

My Cars
    3er
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    I would trash the diaghead emulator and configure DIS to run without it (translator set to Fister and processes configured so tha vm is set to off and nsw & dsm are set to run).
    Depending on configuration of your vm, IP address can end in 30, 31 or 32.
    ok, but how could i do that?
    maybe the 9th page of "EasyDis and GT1 v44/using carsoft cable for dis with inpa.pdf" then? (calibrate touch screen etc?)

and i'm not sure how VM should be configured(other than the instructions that i already followed - to remove VMnet8 etc..)... can i just change the IP to .31 in SSSv37 network settings? (and leave DISv57 to .30)

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you want to set up a DIS virtual machine the long way around rather than using a preconfigured virtual machine, you need to read this READ THIS FIRST.pdf

My Cars
    BMW 740i 2000
    Can anyone teamView I got everything install both bars light up on v57, did the hole port setup been on this for a while just can’t get it I’d pay PayPal for teamView blue cord setup thanks