Thread: noise coming from rear driver side

My Cars
    using MBTA

noise coming from rear driver side

this "clink clink" noise keep coming from my rear driver side but that will only happen when I hit bumpy roads.

can anyone give me a info on that? please.
    I think is the subframe, not sure. if it is, will it be a big job to fix? cause if is a big job then that means me losing more $$$$$$$$$

kinda sick of my E36 problems, first the thermostat then the alternator, climate control(only work on 4 no 1 2 3), radio code, now this, on top of that I had the front brakes done and now I have to do the rear,I am almost broke, I didn't even change the waterpumps yet, hopefully the waterpump will last a little bit longer till I save more money to change it.

I think I am going to get a mini
    what do you guys think?

My Cars
    1992 325i
    I am almost certain the noise is from worn out rear shock mounts/tops. The labor is the same as doing rear shocks (since they come out with the mounts) and the part is not too expensive. Check out Pelicanparts.com for prices... http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/cata...pg4.htm#item23 Good luck.
    1992 325i

My Cars
    '01 325ci
    It may also be your e-brake pads. I think RSM's sound more ping pong like if i am not mistaken. I have read if it is a metallic kind of clunk over bumps to check your e-brake pads on top of the RSM's.

My Cars
    Yes
    One other area you should check is the muffler hangers. When they go, they'll allow your muffler to hang lower and clank/squeak against other parts of the car.

My Cars
    4 old ones
    My money is on e-brake cable too.
    My RSMs were shot and they did not make any noise going over bumps.
    The effect of my worn out RSMs were on tight turns. The car just did not track well. It felt like one rear tire was locking up.

I don't know if this is possible but you may want to pull on the 3-brake when you hear the rattle.

Mini. . .
    I have a Mini. The Mini is a lot of fun to drive. People treat me much better on the street than when I drive my BMW. People's perception of the Mini is much better than a BMW I guess. Brakes and suspension is very BMW. I love having a 6 speed. I don't care for the acceleration off the line. At the last autocross I just waited and waited to get to speed. The build of the car is not BMW. Not even as good as my 318ti was. I have some annoying rattles and quirks. It's taking me some time to get used to FWD. Despite it's minor problems, it's a damn fun car to drive. If my opinion is mixed it is because it is. I'd probably miss not having the Mini but I'd get over it. I'd miss my 328ti much more.

Since it is my wife's car I can't complain that much. She absolutely loves it. My next new car will be a BMW. The nice thing about a Mini is that the are not depreciating very much. You can buy one, drive it for a year, sell it and probably not loose much money. A properly equipped Cooper S is worth the money interms of fun factor.

...steven BMWCCA 146825
    http://318ti.org | http://bmwcca.org/forum
    1995 318ti Club Sport - 1996 328ti Sport - 1991 325iC - 2003 Mini Cooper S