Thread: Classified threads belong in the classified section

Compactive is offline Helpful. BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3x 318ti

Exclamation Classified threads belong in the classified section

Please do not post any classifieds in the regional section. If you do, you may receive an infraction for posting in the wrong section, and your post will be deleted.

Use the following sections to buy/sell/trade your goods:
    BMW Classifieds

BMW Cars For Sale / Wanted sponsored by BMW of Bloomfield

BMW Parts For Sale sponsored by Bavarian Auto Recycling

BMW Parts Wanted sponsored by Bavarian Auto Recycling

My Cars
    325i
    Can we still have threads that directs us to the classifieds? i.e., creating a thread that vaguely describes the car and has a link that leads you to the classified sections? It is so much more helpful for both the buyer and and seller knowing that they are in the same region.
    DRIVE LIKE HELL.. YOU'LL GET THERE!

My Cars
    e36 M3 Supercharged
    What if we have parts we can't or don't want to ship? It doesn't do much good to post a thread for the whole country and have to tell twenty people on the west coast that you're not gonna ship the parts.

My Cars
    3x 318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by yeomgon View Post
    Can we still have threads that directs us to the classifieds? i.e., creating a thread that vaguely describes the car and has a link that leads you to the classified sections? It is so much more helpful for both the buyer and and seller knowing that they are in the same region.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000hp View Post
    What if we have parts we can't or don't want to ship? It doesn't do much good to post a thread for the whole country and have to tell twenty people on the west coast that you're not gonna ship the parts.
    It just stinks for the subforum when the entire first page of the regional section is filled with classifieds, it essentially becomes another classified section. I think a couple here and there are not much of a hassle, but a whole bunch and things become messy. We'll see how things go, but I do encourage you all to select "Local Only" when you create your classified ads in the classified section. This should eliminate that issue of rejecting several members about not shipping
    Want a custom signature? Post requests here, or PM me here | My Flickr

My Cars
    325i
    I see your point. It was swarming with classifieds for the past week or so...I hope we all can work on it to balance it off.
    DRIVE LIKE HELL.. YOU'LL GET THERE!

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5
    Could a sub to the mid-atlantic for classifieds be created? That way the regional section isnt filled with classified ads, yet people will have a place to go to buy/sell parts locally.

1995 M3 S52 turbo (Sold, like an idiot) -----------------------------------1998 M3/4/5 (Hopefully turbo soon, Nope sold this too)..................................E92 335i(God, I miss the E36's)

My Cars
    3x 318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by bmuum3 View Post
    Could a sub to the mid-atlantic for classifieds be created? That way the regional section isnt filled with classified ads, yet people will have a place to go to buy/sell parts locally.
    This should help us gain a better understanding on the reasoning behind the change:

We are moving away from the subforums within sections for classified items... it is more places people have to search for stuff. For example, if somebody wants to buy something, they have to search the general classifieds, then search the Z3 classifieds, then search the 3er classifieds (cause the parts over lap), then search the MAR classifieds, then search the other regions that are close to the MAR (great lakes, new england)... etc. At the same time, if you truly want your item sold, you have to post it in 4 or 5 different locations, then monitor 4-5 different threads.

The new classified system allows people to search by location, so a subforum would be pointless. The new classified system also put the classified items on other forums (or it will in the near future). It offers buyer protection on top of paypal protection. It offers easy uploading of images and building of the for sale ad. Plus, it offers a better reputation system which will eventually replace our reputation system.
    My final advice to you all here in the MAR looking to sell items, is to get familiar with the NEW classified system, which will allow you to list things by location and give you a lot more options as well as the ability to keep it simple (local only).

In closing, as a mod in this section, I don't mind a couple threads here and there in this section, but I strongly encourage you make your way over the classified section and give it a go with the new system. I will continue to politely tow threads to their rightful destination.

My Cars
    3x 318ti
    I think this thread has been up for long enough for us to know by now that this is not the section to sell things, even locally. I'd prefer not to give out infractions, but towing 15-20 threads is pretty tedious, I'd prefer not to continuously do this

My Cars
    3x 318ti
    Just a reminder to make the classified threads in the right section. Starting to see them creep back up in here since we've been lax