Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cblock's new hellrot sedan.

My Cars
    2002 330i, 2000 528iT
    Good part. Like 10000x
    | 2002 330i 5-SPD - 101k | 2000 528iT - 146k |
    My E46 Maintenance Thread http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1124584

My Cars
    2003 E46 M3 / E30 Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by CblockM3 View Post
    I've got a low oil pressure light the last few times I've had it out so its time, I've had the front subframe reinforcement kit for a couple years so it's time to get it installed too. Don't have bc coilovers but I've heard lots of people are happy with them dunno
    Nooooo! :/ is it on startup, like while warming up? Hard turning? I noticed mine flashed on hard turns, while running the canyons. Checked oil and it was low, changed recently and made sure levels were good and never came back.
    Ive read if it comes on during startup it could be the pick up tube is cracked which i guess is common for the e36 :/
    Could be catastrophic.. keep us posted cblock!

My Cars
    E36
    wow that rear piece!!! MUCH LIKE!!

in for pics
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by shoman24v View Post
    Good part. Like 10000x
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty S50 View Post
    Nooooo! :/ is it on startup, like while warming up? Hard turning? I noticed mine flashed on hard turns, while running the canyons. Checked oil and it was low, changed recently and made sure levels were good and never came back.
    Ive read if it comes on during startup it could be the pick up tube is cracked which i guess is common for the e36 :/
    Could be catastrophic.. keep us posted cblock!
    Mine only does it and very low idle, like when I just barely start to engage the clutch from a dead stop. I've never opened up the bottom so it is probably time to address the oil pump. I'm also running 5W30, 5W40 might take care of it too but I want the piece of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Moron95M3 View Post
    wow that rear piece!!! MUCH LIKE!!

in for pics
    I'ts a bit off colorwise from the taillights. I think I'll have to pick up another set of tails and try and paint/tint everything so it is the same color. Will post updates when I finish this little project.
    CBlock

My Cars
    '01 530i 5spd, '96 328i
    Are you gonna try test fitting it to see if you like how it looks before you buy new tails? Or do you already like it?
    Instagram: @boston.media

My Cars
    '95 325is
    Hey I was wondering what rear diffuservice you have. It works well with the oem bumper. Usually they stick out too far.

I am going to be getting a replacement rear bumper (rear ended) and was on the fenvelope between replace with oem or upgrade to m3 rear bumper.
    Current: 1997 328i Hellrot/Black, 65,xxx miles | 1999 2.8 z3 coupe (1of1) Cosmos/Extended Tanin Red, 145,xxx miles, Kosei K1's
    Sold: 1995 325is Arctic Grey/Dove | 1995 M3 Boston Green/Champagne | 2001 325xiT Sienna Red/Tan
    Wheels: 17x8.5 Kosie K1's | 16x7.5 Borbet Type A's | 15x7 Style 32's

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    It's actually just a cheap ebay one. Fitment isn't 100% but it's good enough for me and I'm pretty picky. I refuse to put M3 bumpers on the car and the stock diffuser doesn't look great. I'm pretty sure Bavauto has one too, probably the exact same thing I got off ebay.
    CBlock

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328is
    Mine only does it and very low idle, like when I just barely start to engage the clutch from a dead stop. I've never opened up the bottom so it is probably time to address the oil pump. I'm also running 5W30, 5W40 might take care of it too but I want the piece of mind.
    I really doubt you have much to worry about - it's pretty normal for the oil light to briefly flicker when the engine is hot (especially if the ambient temperature is above 70 F) and the RPMs get very low. If anything, do an oil pressure test.

Otherwise, switch to a 0W-40 or 5W-40 oil and your problem will very likely go away.

Oil pumps don't just fail like E36 owners seem to think they do - why would they? They're submerged in oil and well lubricated their entire life-cycle. The oil pump nut can back off but it's unlikely unless you track the car, and the pick up tube can crack but that's also unlikely.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Just got an interesting part in the mail, I'm sure I'll either really like it or really hate it when I get it on the car.

Oh classic '80's stuff!

Hella Heckblende. I like it!
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    yay
    So nice to see a non-m bumper'd E36.

Good call on the POR-15. I did the entire inside of the fenders last summer, after seeing e36's rotting to pieces in europe.

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Well I finally put the heckblend on; not sure what I think about it. If the car was any other color I'd say it doesn't work. Kinda reminds me of e34/e31 tailights. I still need to mess around with it and get it to fit a little more even with the taillights but anyway, here are some pics if anyone is curious what these look like installed.

Last edited by CblockM3; 05-19-2017 at 04:52 PM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    E36
    I want to like it, but I think the reverse lights would have to be tinted amber for me to be a believer.

Still an awesome classic piece!
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    '01 530i 5spd, '96 328i
    I want to like it, but I think the reverse lights would have to be tinted amber for me to be a believer.

Ditto, although I'm not sure it fits the e36 styling too well...
    Instagram: @boston.media

My Cars
    96 318is
    Diggin that look

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E36 325is
    I appreciate the fact that you like it...

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner

Quote Originally Posted by gr33ne36 View Post
    Ditto, although I'm not sure it fits the e36 styling too well...
    Quote Originally Posted by travys View Post
    Diggin that look

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the constructive feedback! Yeah it is a weird look for sure. It's always fun to change something up, and you never know until you try! I will try and do some better color matching and possibly tinting the reverse lights amber too before passing final judgement on it.
    CBlock

My Cars
    1993 325i
    So are you in WA or MT? If in WA, how are your coilovers holding up? I need something for mine and don't know which company to go with. Most abuse they'll see is mt Rainier. Clean cars

My Cars
    99 M3

Cblock's new hellrot sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by Iveexcaped3 View Post
    how are your coilovers holding up? I need something for mine and don't know which company to go with.
    Boeshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bluptgm3; 05-23-2017 at 11:41 AM.

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iveexcaped3 View Post
    So are you in WA or MT? If in WA, how are your coilovers holding up? I need something for mine and don't know which company to go with. Most abuse they'll see is mt Rainier. Clean cars
    I am in Washington now. My coilovers are holding up great, I really love them. I don't drive the car much though.

In anticipation of a couple road trips this summer, I was motivated to fix my air conditioning. I've had to recharge it every year and it has never worked great. I ran dye through the system and found the lines going into the compressor were leaking. I replaced all of the O rings in the system, put in a new dryer, then took it to a shop to have it vacuumed and recharged. Happy to say the the system is now sealed and the AC is blowing COLD! Really excited to have nice cold functioning AC!

Didn't really take any pics but this is the amount I had to tear the car down to search for leaks/replace the seals.

I also bought some new Jack stands from Esco. These are perfect for the E36, they have a flat top that works perfect with the factory jacking points. They are a bit expensive at about $75 a pop but totally worth it.

One last thing for anyone curious about the wheel/tire fitment, I swapped out my 12mm spacers all around for 7mm spacers. The car looks alot better and I have quite a bit more room.

CBlock

My Cars
    03 525it/5, 1967 GTO
    I have those Jack stands too. Like them a lot more than my ratchet style ones. They seem really solid. Glad you got the A/C figured out. I need to look into doing the same thing on my wagon.

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Twistytee, you should do it. Feels good to have that project done.

Happy to report I took a road trip with the car this weekend in 100 degree heat and the AC blew cold all weekend! Pretty much never even turned it off.

Went on a trip to Leavenworth this weekend with a few other guys from this forum and had a blast. Couple pics I took:

Last edited by CblockM3; 06-27-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    328i,740i,e36 m3 x2,e46
    Twistytee, you should do it. Feels good to have that project done.

Happy to report I took a road trip with the car this weekend in 100 degree heat and the AC blew cold all weekend! Pretty much never even turned it off.

Went on a trip to Leavenworth this weekend with a few other guys from this forum and had a blast. Couple pics I took:

Holler at me next time yall go out there, I may join you! Car is looking fresh as always!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Long time no update. I spent pretty much all my car time and car money on my 98 4runner last year (it was stolen and recovered) and hardly drove the 328. If anyone is into 4Runners here is a thread on it: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...ce-thread.html

I plan to drive the 328 much more this summer after getting some things done.

For the last 4 years I have been trying to find a set of sand sport seats in good condition and they just don't exist, apparently. I bought some pretty crappy ones that had a bad dye job, but the foam was in good shape. I'm close to getting the set done and can't wait to get them in the car and ditch the Sparco's.

It's a pain in the ass but not as bad as I though either, just time consuming work.

I am also changing the suspension. I may regret it, I may love it, the jury is still out. Plans are to get it done by mid-June. Will have some updates shortly.

Last edited by CblockM3; 04-25-2018 at 06:56 PM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    Mazda 3
    Air? Oh I'm in!

My Cars
    2003 E46 M3 / E30 Vert
    Damn man, i was wondering where you've been! Forgot about the runner :/

But Looking forward to what you have in store!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast