Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cblock's new hellrot sedan.

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Hi Guys,

I just got a new camera and am trying to learn how to use it. Thought I would take the e36 out today for a little shoot. A couple turned out okay, hopefully they will become progressively better!

CBlock

My Cars
    328i,740i,e36 m3 x2,e46
    Car is looking good man! I love that steering wheel, it's ridiculously awesome. One of these days when I'm up in your area we should get together!

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by MtekJosh View Post
    Car is looking good man! I love that steering wheel, it's ridiculously awesome. One of these days when I'm up in your area we should get together!
    Thanks man! I'll pm you my number, hit me up anytime.
    CBlock

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i Sedan
    I wonder if there is legitimately a better all-arond 328i in the world. So well done man.
    1997 BMW 328i

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by ApexEight View Post
    I wonder if there is legitimately a better all-arond 328i in the world. So well done man.
    There are some really amazing e36's out there but thank you! Any recent updates on yours? Haven't seen your thread pop up in a while.
    CBlock

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Picking up an m50 manifold from my buddy jaws, need to find some s52 cams and get a tune now, pretty excited!!!
    CBlock

MINIz guy is offline #buttstuff2k14 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    rolls coal
    I'll be fitting some 17x9 ET33 with 245's on my car pretty soon and have a few questions about how to get the front wheels to clear.

Do you know how long your front springs are?
    Do you know the ID of the springs?
    Do your front spring perches clear the top of the tire?
    How many mm's do you have between the wheel/tire and the strut?

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIz guy View Post
    I'll be fitting some 17x9 ET33 with 245's on my car pretty soon and have a few questions about how to get the front wheels to clear.

Do you know how long your front springs are?
    Do you know the ID of the springs?
    Do your front spring perches clear the top of the tire?
    How many mm's do you have between the wheel/tire and the strut?
    Nice, what wheels are you going with?

As far as spring length I'm not positive, I have a spec sheet I can look at when I get home from work tonight.

The coilovers are BWS, so they are obviously really short. My spring rates are 14K/16K split, the top of the tire sits somewhere in-between the upper and lower spring perch.

I required a spacer to clear the strut. I have a 12mm on there right now but I suspect I could probably have gotten away with a 5-7mm spacer as the wheel is close to sitting on the hub without them. But for sure needed one.

I'm also running -3.4 degrees of camber in the front. My car is fairly low so you could get away with less, but my guess is it will still need to be fairly aggressive.

Hope that helps, feel free to PM me if you need anymore details.

Haven't done much work on the 328 lately, I've been busy getting the M3 sorted out but this weekend I plan to do a few things:

-New OEM fenderliners
    -Flush transmission and brake fluid
    -fuel and cabin filter
    -New ZKW lenses and Lamin-x
    -repaint my nose panel
    -going to try a 10mm spacer on the front in place of the 12mm

I also have a LTW flag but I'm kind of back and forth on it. I like staying relatively subtle so IDK.

Last edited by CblockM3; 05-04-2016 at 01:40 PM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    E36 M3 turbo, E90 M3 ZCP
    Quote Originally Posted by CblockM3 View Post

I also have a LTW flag but I'm kind of back and forth on it. I like staying relatively subtle so IDK.
    Was the flag going on the M3 or the 328? I took mine off after 3 years, I like the subtle look of mine now with it gone.

Also, did you end up using the throttle body on the m50 mani you got from Jaws? I was texting him about one, I need to see if my big bore one is causing an idle hang up. Wanted to just try an OEM one, but will purchase it if you don't want it.
    1995 M3 coupe GTX3582R powered
    2011 M3 sedan ZCP

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by 95AWM3 View Post
    Was the flag going on the M3 or the 328? I took mine off after 3 years, I like the subtle look of mine now with it gone.

Also, did you end up using the throttle body on the m50 mani you got from Jaws? I was texting him about one, I need to see if my big bore one is causing an idle hang up. Wanted to just try an OEM one, but will purchase it if you don't want it.
    PM me, you can have the throttle body. Flag is for the 328i. If there is anyone that thinks the flag is a terrible idea, please speak up!
    CBlock

My Cars
    E36
    Flag is a great idea!!!!

...I need to get my design freaking done. I hate having a real job.
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    99 323is
    Goddamn you rock the stock bumper so well! I'd keep mine on if it wasn't so beat.

My Cars
    e36 coupe
    Do the flag!

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by Moron95M3 View Post
    Flag is a great idea!!!!

...I need to get my design freaking done. I hate having a real job.
    I love the flag on your car, and thank you for the decals btw! You did an awesome job on the German Flag colors, I'll drop some pics in your thread when I get it on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by FranklyIDC View Post
    Goddamn you rock the stock bumper so well! I'd keep mine on if it wasn't so beat.
    Thanks! I'm surprised how often I hear people tell me they like this bumper, I thought it would be the total opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by justin740 View Post
    Do the flag!
    I bought it so I might as well give it a try for a bit. I will update this thread with some pictures whenever I get it on; should be soon.
    CBlock

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i
    I didn't even know you could get Hellrot OBD2 E36s.

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Don't do the flag! Keep it clean man. Or at least, don't leave it on long if you plan to remove it. I'd had to have you leave it for a year and have your paint fade at a different rate underneath so you see the ghost of the flag when you remove it...
    1998 Titanium/Dove M3/4/5
    2020 Toyota 4Runner

My Cars
    F30 '14 328i Msport
    Quote Originally Posted by RightYouAreKen View Post
    Don't do the flag! Keep it clean man. Or at least, don't leave it on long if you plan to remove it. I'd had to have you leave it for a year and have your paint fade at a different rate underneath so you see the ghost of the flag when you remove it...
    Dont do the flag!

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
    I didn't even know you could get Hellrot OBD2 E36s.
    I think Hellrot made it through most of the E36 run.

Quote Originally Posted by tmswell View Post
    Dont do the flag!
    Yeah, Nichole looked at me like I was a complete idiot when I showed it to her. I'm sure it won't last long, I think I'll put it on before going to Leavenworth, try and get some decent pics, and then it will probably come off. Car doesn't make it out of the garage much these days so I'm not worried about paint fade.
    CBlock

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i
    nice. I like that it's not an M3 too.

My Cars
    2/91 Build NVM50
    What are your wheel/tire specs? Car is so freaking clean!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantisvip View Post
    What are your wheel/tire specs? Car is so freaking clean!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Thanks! 17x9.5 w/ 235/40/17's.

When I got the car it had super dark tint which I've always hated. Must have been somewhere between 5-20%. I got all of it off last summer except the rear window. I didn't want to ruin the defroster so I finally bought a cheap clothing steamer and it worked like a charm. Can't believe I've never used one before as I've stripped the tint off of several cars and it always sucks.

Yuck!

Much better!

This isn't exactly in chronological order but still wanted to post up some progress...

Let's start with the rear diff. Ditched the open 2.91 for a 3.38 LSD out of an automatic sedan. Maybe the best mod on the car so far.

Old

New, all buttoned up with new seals, gaskets, and fresh redline

My rear window trim was looking pretty bad, new trim is like $30 and 10 minutes worth of work, wish more things were so cheap and easy!

Old

New

Door handle gaskets were also in pretty bad shape, the car spent a good amount of time living in Houston and the sun took it's toll.

Old, not my pic but this is what they looked like.

New

The PO of my car cut all of the headlight wiring harnesses when he installed HID's. Bugged the crap out of me so I decided to just buy an entire e36 wiring harness which has come in handy several times. Soldered the factory wiring back onto the harness and ditched the HID's for now. Might eventually do a retrofit and I just scored some brand new ZKW lenses which I have yet to get on.

When I replaced the cooling system and put in the Zionsville shroud and electric fan, I wired it to the high temp temperature sensor...but neither my aux fan or radiator fan would work. Took a while to figure out but the PO had the wrong fan relays in the fuse box...wtf. Buying the harness came in handy again as it had the correct relays.

I also put in an override switch so I can flip the fan on anytime I want...the red rocker switch is wired to my city lights.

When I changed interior colors my old tan, sagging headliner looked awful and had to change. Cliché I know, but had to do the black suede. Also had to buy new black visors, grab handles etc. to completely change colors.

And that about does it for this update...more changes to come. Just picked up a M50 manifold so hopefully M3 cams and a tune will come soon. Then it will be time to build some nicer wheels! Here is a recent pic.

Last edited by CblockM3; 03-02-2017 at 08:18 AM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    E36
    sexiest nonM bumper around!
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Totally agree. In many ways, I think it's better because of the lack of M body parts.

It reminds me of when I had a B5 A4. Everyone wanted to paint their lower body panels body colored to make them look more like an S4, or to put an S4 front bumper on. I liked, and embraced the black lower trim and A4 bumper and thought it almost made it stand out more from the other wannabes.
    1998 Titanium/Dove M3/4/5
    2020 Toyota 4Runner

My Cars
    02 BMW X5 5 spd manual
    Aw man my angel eyes look fugly with the camera.. Lol
    Instagram: Jaws.garage
    2007 Saleen S331 Supercharged #133 Oxford white
    2002 Mercedes E55 AMG Tectite Grey/Black, Kleemann upgrades, Supersprint muffler
    2007 Buell XB12scg Cherry Bomb

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by Moron95M3 View Post
    sexiest nonM bumper around!
    Totally agree. In many ways, I think it's better because of the lack of M body parts.

It reminds me of when I had a B5 A4. Everyone wanted to paint their lower body panels body colored to make them look more like an S4, or to put an S4 front bumper on. I liked, and embraced the black lower trim and A4 bumper and thought it almost made it stand out more from the other wannabes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Aw man my angel eyes look fugly with the camera.. Lol
    Thanks guys, appreciate the love! Jaws and RightYouAreKen, see you guys on Sunday!
    CBlock

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast