Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cblock's new hellrot sedan.

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Just installed the new wheel and absolutely love it. Shepott does awesome work for a great price if anyone is looking for a custom wheel, I would highly recommend.

CBlock

My Cars
    93 325is winter package
    I noticed your zkw's look a little hazy or am I seeing things? My zkw's have the same effect

hope I made the right choice in chassis transition ... sigh, I miss my miata

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    No they are pretty clear. They are somewhat pitted though, I am keeping my eye out for a new set of lenses if they come up, but overall they are in pretty good shape.
    CBlock

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Been doing a lot if work to the 328 lately, mainly fixing wiring from the po. Wired up city lights and spal fan, both are on independent switches now. Have a 3.23 lsd diff waiting to go in as soon as I get my bushings and axel seals, can't wait!
    CBlock

My Cars
    1995 E36 BMW 325i Sedan
    You should buy my ACS lip to match your e-brake for non-m's in hellrot

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Cheap ebrake and pedals were from the po, I will get to those eventually. If it's the front lip I would be interested. Also changed to Amber.

image uploading site

Last edited by CblockM3; 10-23-2014 at 11:56 AM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    1995 E36 BMW 325i Sedan
    Yessir AC-S front lip

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    PM'd
    CBlock

My Cars
    e36 325i, e85 Z4
    Quote Originally Posted by CblockM3 View Post
    Just installed the new wheel and absolutely love it. Shepott does awesome work for a great price if anyone is looking for a custom wheel, I would highly recommend.

It's crazy how much impact a steering wheel can have on the car. Right now I have the original four-spoke school bus one. Feels terrible, looks terrible and squeeks, so it needs a swap. Awesome pick-up though! congrats!

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Thanks! It's a very rewarding mod that's for sure. My slip wring was making awful noise before too so now is a good time for you to upgrade.
    CBlock

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    It's been a while since I've updated this and I'm horrible at documenting any work.

I put in a new cooling system with Stewart water pump, samco hoses, etc. I had a little leak from the old metal impellor water pump so I just replaced everything. Also fixed a bad oil leak coming from my timing chain tensioner (I had to use a 1/2 breaker bar to get it loose, WTF??) And finally got my diff in. Originally I thought it was a 3.23. When I was installing it and cleaning it up I realized it was a 3.38! Score! Drives awesome now with the LSD.

I ordered a set of 17x9.5 Hyper Silver Arc 8's in November, hopefully I will get those soon as they have been on backorder.

As per usual, here are a couple horrible pics...

img host

Last edited by CblockM3; 01-14-2015 at 08:54 AM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    1998 328is
    Love that car man!

My Cars
    98 328is
    Its so shiny! That's a great example of how great these cars look when they're taken care of. Kudos to you and the previous owner.

My Cars
    Daily 94 E36 and 92 E30
    car is really nice and clean looking congrats on your work and keeping it looking great

2008 135i FBO Pure600 Turbos

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Thanks guys! Hopefully I can get some good pics once I get the arc 8s fitted.
    CBlock

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3/4/5
    Did he thicken that wheel? or just wrap it? I know Tainik Thickens his wheels when he wraps them.

Nice work on the maintenance/restoration.
    Marc Plante
    E36 M3/4/5 193k
    Konis+ Dinan Springs, Understeer SS, Shepott European steering Wheel, ZKW Ellipsoids, ECIS Intake+ ATE Foam filter, Stromung Exhaust, Recaro SRDs. JVC Arsenal Head Unit. Alpine MRV-F300 Amp, ADS 535i components, JL Audio Stealthbox Subs

My Track Rig:
    i7700 / 2080 PC with Assetto Corsa and Content Manager, Samsung Odyssey+ VR goggles
    Fanatec CSP wheel and pedals, SSH Shifter, recaro seat. Home built cockpit
    Mt Pleasant, SC, USA

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Sheppot's steering wheels are thickened also. Finally got my ARC 8's!

upload images

Last edited by CblockM3; 03-24-2015 at 12:08 PM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Well yesterday I finally just about finished the interior in this car. This winter I redid the headliner and converted all the nasty brown to black. I'm really happy with how it came out. It was all pretty easy to do if you are comfortable taking your entire interior out, just time consuming. Now I need a new set of OEM black floor mats and I would love to find a minty set of tan sport seats but they are surprisingly hard to come by.

Here is a pic of the interior when I first got the car:

upload a gif

Here it is all done:

image hosting 30 mb

My girlfriend surprised me with a UUC shift knob for my birthday as my cheap ass never would have spent the money on it

image hosting 10mb limit

photo hosting sites

Next up on the project list is getting my ARC 8's fitted. I ordered a set of Broadway Static coilvers which I am waiting on. I am also going to weld on new sway bar mounts as the studs on my passenger side ripped out. Hopefully this will all get down in the next few weeks.
    Last edited by CblockM3; 04-13-2015 at 07:45 AM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    318i, 540iT, Z3M
    Nice! I like the contrast with the sand beige door inserts.

Are you rolling your fenders to clear the 9.5 ARC8?
    Last edited by NLu; 04-13-2015 at 11:59 AM.

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Thanks! I'm already rolled front and rear. Once I start playing around with the fitment I'll see if I need any more fender work, hopefully not.
    CBlock

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Hopefully these pics are a little better, I was pretty excited when I posted the others.

Last edited by CblockM3; 04-15-2015 at 06:37 AM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Got some major work done this weekend. I've had a broken front sway bar mount since I bought the car that I finally got around to fixing. I bought a new mount, cut the bottom off of it and the original, and welded it all back up. I ground it all down and coated it in JB Weld to seal it all up. Doesn't look the prettiest but it did the job. The mounts are hollow so I am going to fill it up with some spray expanding foam so it can't fill back up with dirt. Amazingly the driver side is in good shape.

The Finished Product, I will clean it up and paint it.

Then I swapped out the steering rack for a yellow tag 330i Rack I bought a few months back, and put in a new reservoir, all new lines and clamps and fresh fluid.

This was the state my fluid was in, I was pretty shocked. Only have the tranny fluid left to change and I'll have new fluid in every system.

Everything swapped over from the old to new perfectly. This wasn't as bad of a job as I anticipated, but it is pretty messy and not particularly fun:

New Lines:

Then I finally got my tires in and mounted up!

New coilovers will be going in next weekend:

This is on the old suspension and the fitment will change a little bit, but you get the picture.

Once the new suspension is on I'll run a bit more camber front and rear, and may have to get a little bit smaller spacer for the front, but this is about how I'm hoping to have it sitting....

On a totally unrelated topic (I'm always curious to see people drive besides their BMW's,) we picked up a super clean one owner 98 4-Runner a few months ago. I'm pretty excited to start a build on this!

Thanks for checking it out!
    Last edited by CblockM3; 05-18-2015 at 12:18 PM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner

CBlock

My Cars
    E30 M3 & E36 M3/4/5
    3rd gen 4Runners and E36s, haha you got my style man. Digging it. You have to let me know how the Broadway Static 500 coil-over go. I'm considering these, or a similar Broadway Static model. Are you going for stance/appearance or handling or both?

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Most of your pics don't work for me
    1998 Titanium/Dove M3/4/5
    2020 Toyota 4Runner

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast