Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best hydraulic floor jack?

My Cars
    2002 BMW X5 4.4L
    I have a HF 3 ton steel. It's been working for the last 20 years. I have had to fill the oil 1 time, top it off. I work on cars in the garage 1-2 days a week. I take the round white pad off for more clearance. It will lift my 04 Vette without getting a low profile with it off. I bought a new one from HF for the rapid lift. The old one takes a few pumps to get to the lifting point, like an axle on a Jeep. I now can lift one side of a vehicle with the 2 jacks so I can rotate tires quicker.

My Cars
    BMW E3
    Most full-size hydraulic floor jacks have a maximum lift height of about 20". Some are designed with a raised lift platform to accommodate SUVs and pickup trucks, but they would not work well with the low profile Corvair body.

The important thing is to match the floor jack lift height with the jack stand maximum lift height. Some jack stands listed on Amazon.com https://wheelstips.com/best-floor-jacks only have a maximum rise of about 15". The units pictures below have a maximum rise of about 21", so they would be a good match for a floor jack with a rise of 20". The stair-step increments and locking pawl design permits many height adjustments, while the older jack stand design that uses a large pin inserted in a hole usually only permits three increments in height adjustment.
    Last edited by Daprit; 10-15-2018 at 06:53 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12