Thread: E36 ABS adapter fitting thread size

My Cars
    94 M353is

E36 ABS adapter fitting thread size

Hi all. I need to come up with a way to re-route some of my brake lines; the two problem children are MC-->ABS lines. I have a 4 channel ABS pump...does anyone know the thread size into the pump body? There are adapter fittings there from the factory to adapt to the M10x1.0 brake line fittings.

I don't have a spare pump handy to remove the fitting from and I have to pull the motor to remove the one on the car. Hoping some either has a spare ABS unit handy or knows the size of those fittings.
    Last edited by turbosporttsi; 08-25-2013 at 12:57 PM.

My Cars
    96 M3 TT LSx
    I think they're M14x1.5. I believe I have an ABS unit in my garage that I can check later.
    96 M3 | Forged LSx | Twin S366 | Injector Dynamics | E85 | AEM Infinity
    90 Schwarz 325i

IG : sdobart

My Cars
    94 M353is
    That would be great; much appreciated!

Wih any luck, I can find a banjo-->AN adapter in that size.

My Cars
    96 M3 TT LSx
    Found my ABS pump and pulled one of the adapters off. They're M14x1.0.

Thread Pitch:

Width:

It's also worth noting that there is a plastic part of the ABS pump that protrudes inside the adapter fitting itself, that the fitting must clear. I took a picture trying to show the depth of the fitting (and measured it with the depth gauge)

Hope this helps some. If you do get it all figured out with AN fittings and braided lines, I'd love to see some pictures. Running all the hardlines + clutter is the main reason I deleted mine. I'd reconsider if I could do a braided setup.

Scott
    96 M3 | Forged LSx | Twin S366 | Injector Dynamics | E85 | AEM Infinity
    90 Schwarz 325i

IG : sdobart

My Cars
    1997 LS1 M3, 2004 330xi
    I just bought some line from Fedhillusa.com and they lend you a nice flare press for two weeks free. RE-use your factory fittings.

My Cars
    94 M353is
    Quote Originally Posted by sdobart View Post
    Found my ABS pump and pulled one of the adapters off. They're M14x1.0.

Thread Pitch:

Width:

It's also worth noting that there is a plastic part of the ABS pump that protrudes inside the adapter fitting itself, that the fitting must clear. I took a picture trying to show the depth of the fitting (and measured it with the depth gauge)

Hope this helps some. If you do get it all figured out with AN fittings and braided lines, I'd love to see some pictures. Running all the hardlines + clutter is the main reason I deleted mine. I'd reconsider if I could do a braided setup.

Scott
    VERY thorough and helpful; thank you.

I happen to have some M14 banjo - AN adapter fittings laying around, so I'll see what I can figure out.

My Cars
    94 M353is
    Quote Originally Posted by cooler breeze View Post
    I just bought some line from Fedhillusa.com and they lend you a nice flare press for two weeks free. RE-use your factory fittings.
    I'm trying to get my lines away from my header primaries. Factory style fittings force the line to exit the pump body perpendicular, then a sweeping bend. Banjos allow a tight right angle, which should give me another 0.5 - 1" clearance. But thanks for the input.

My Cars
    1997 LS1 M3, 2004 330xi
    Ok i see what youre trying to accomplish now. Very neat, will be a nice addition for future swappers!

My Cars
    E36 M3 TV/ E36 M3 CB
    i know this is an old thread, but does anyone have updates. Trying to get a fitting to work since my pump is relocated into a spot in a tight area, need a 90 degree right off of it perhaps.

My Cars
    1998 328I
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbored786 View Post
    i know this is an old thread, but does anyone have updates. Trying to get a fitting to work since my pump is relocated into a spot in a tight area, need a 90 degree right off of it perhaps.

I had a new line made with a tighter bend but it's still super close to the header, I am interested to know if the banjo fitting would work instead of having the 90 come off the abs unit!

If not my next plan is to move the ABS unit to the rear passenger side