Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: How do I remove paint from my paint

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Coupe

How do I remove paint from my paint

Somebody was spray painting parts near my car and I guess the wind carried some of that spray over to my car. I was able to remove a few spots with my fingernail, so I figured I'll just hit it with my griots garage DA polisher with the clay bar pad and it will all come off. It didn't come off and I can't remove it with my fingernail anymore. Whats the best way to remove the paint without damaging my original paint?

My Cars
    1998 BMW, E39, 523i wago
    Any detail shops that have clay bar...that will get it out with out messing up your paint.

My Cars
    99 328is, 84 M54 E30
    +1 on the clay bar. If that doesn't work, I would step it up to a light compound. The surface being clean and most likely waxed, it should come off fairly easy.
    PM me for info on properly working AC and CEL for your S54 or M54 swapped car.

My Cars
    2009 BMW 135i
    A good spray wax as lubrication and a plastic razor blade used very carefully nearly flat to the surface should work nicely. If used carefully, quickly and just spot by spot on a cotton swab mineral spirits may also do the job.

Both of these are last resort options though.

A guard with a club to beat anyone in the area with a spray can is also advised.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac834 View Post
    Somebody was spray painting parts near my car and I guess the wind carried some of that spray over to my car. I was able to remove a few spots with my fingernail, so I figured I'll just hit it with my griots garage DA polisher with the clay bar pad and it will all come off. It didn't come off and I can't remove it with my fingernail anymore. Whats the best way to remove the paint without damaging my original paint?

OP, are you that somebody? Lol
    2001 BMW 530i e39 / Automatic / Orient on Dove

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Coupe
    lol, I've done some pretty stupid things, but spray painting my car isn't one of them

I have the nanoskin autoscrub so i'm going to try to use that since its advertised as "4x better than a clay bar", and if that doesn't work than i'll just get a clay bar and do it by hand.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    So that clay bar pad doesn't work as advertised? Or are you speaking of something else.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Coupe
    By clay bar pad I meant nanoskin autoscrub, not the pad that has a hole in the middle to place the clay. I used the nanoskin autoscrub the first time and it didn't seem to work but I will try it again but work it for several minutes this time.

The autoscrub is great by the way, much quicker than actually claying by hand. I'll never go back to doing it by hand.