Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally, after 3 years she is resurected!

My Cars
    GTI/M Coupe/Targa4/912
    Quote Originally Posted by ticklemejoviemo View Post
    ah, so i have new exhaust but im waiting on my backordered shifter parts to install so i dont have to do exhaust job over again. ive been tossing around the idea of forced induction, but i gotta be honest, it drives real nice as it is. i mean, i know its not an M, and who doesnt like the thought of having more hp? im on the fence... whatchu guys think?

and by the way im gunna try to take much better pics this week with my nikon, especially since the color seems to be a hit, so stayed tuned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
    If the car hasn't been driven for 3 years, I'd do all the maintenance first, then mods. How many miles on her? I'd check/replace the following;

All drive/accessory belts
    Tires
    rear subframe bushings & check subframe
    coolant flush & brake flush
    Oil/filter

Then consider joining your local BMW Car Club of America (CCA) Chapter, and sign up for a car control clinic. You could also do some auto cross after with the CCA which would help you learn the car in a safe controlled environment. If I had a 1 of 2 car like that, I'd be tempted to keep it reasonably stock (boring, I know ). The 3.0 Coupe is already a sub-6 second car to 60, so its already got plenty of poke. If I was to do any mods, I'd consider double adjustable TC Klines, or Koni FSD's (depending on how you intend to use the car).

In summary I'd spend my money on maintenance, driver's ed'/training then modifications. Have fun with her!

My Cars
    01MCoup-02WRX-04MCS-86TV
    how rare! looks great!

1999 - S52 - E36/8 - Alpine White over Imola Red

My Cars
    2002 BMW Z3 Coupe 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan1 View Post
    If the car hasn't been driven for 3 years, I'd do all the maintenance first, then mods. How many miles on her? I'd check/replace the following;

All drive/accessory belts
    Tires
    rear subframe bushings & check subframe
    coolant flush & brake flush
    Oil/filter

Then consider joining your local BMW Car Club of America (CCA) Chapter, and sign up for a car control clinic. You could also do some auto cross after with the CCA which would help you learn the car in a safe controlled environment. If I had a 1 of 2 car like that, I'd be tempted to keep it reasonably stock (boring, I know ). The 3.0 Coupe is already a sub-6 second car to 60, so its already got plenty of poke. If I was to do any mods, I'd consider double adjustable TC Klines, or Koni FSD's (depending on how you intend to use the car).

In summary I'd spend my money on maintenance, driver's ed'/training then modifications. Have fun with her!
    car has 46,000 miles. within last month, performed coolant, brake flush, oil & filter change, fuel filter change, brand new sport comp 2 tires, inspected belts, no dry rot. i do have to read up on subframe/bushing issues cause im not too aware of it. i did install the k&n cone filter for this car, but i havent driven it with stock air box to compare (obv dont expect 3 seconds of my accel timenor anything)

i literally found out about Boston BMW cca last week so im absolutely interested, even though i dont know much about it. the car is quick no doubt, and you're right, i know i would have plenty of fun with it as is especially doing autocross. shocks have been something to consider as well, so i will be sure to check out what you've suggested. thanks for your help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    My newly acquired 2000 roady has 22K miles and I did the same things as you. You should also check out ZSCCA.org.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    2002 BMW Z3 Coupe 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
    You should also check out ZSCCA.org.
    damn, unfortunately there isnt one in MA, i would have even considered NH or RI but alas, im out of luck on that front my moms '02 roady has 14k on the clock, unfortunately i didnt have time to bring that one back to life in time for this season, but definitely next spring for sure!

Last edited by ticklemejoviemo; 08-18-2013 at 10:37 AM.

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    Before you write us off check out our FB page as I'm absolutely certain we have members in MA. https://www.facebook.com/groups/zscc...group_activity

Al.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    2002 BMW Z3 Coupe 3.0
    thank you, i will definitely do more research on this. would be awesome to get out there and mingle with fellow Z owners

My Cars
    95 240SX|98 Z3M|05 Elise
    As the kids say these days, "+1" for the pistachio.

Did your mom give you a good son discount? I'm just curious what it cost you to buy that lovely coupe.

My Cars
    2002 BMW Z3 Coupe 3.0
    haha ya i guess. i wanted it from day one, as soon as i set my eyes on her it was love. so since shes been out of work, i figured the least i could do was buy it from her although she didn't want to take my money. she worked hard for them and i was finally in a position to get er done. havent looked back, been a fun week thus far

Last edited by ticklemejoviemo; 08-19-2013 at 12:04 AM.

My Cars
    2002 BMW Z3 Coupe 3.0
    bump, added new pics to OP

My Cars
    2000 Mcoupe estoril blue
    Nice! Let the "enhancements" begin

- bill -

My Cars
    2002 BMW Z3 Coupe 3.0
    its on stands right now in garage, let the exhaust replacement & short shifter install begin!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12