Thread: My proper INTRO, my 1991 735i, THE STORY OF AN E32

My Cars
    1991 bmw 735i

My proper INTRO, my 1991 735i, THE STORY OF AN E32

I took me awhile(about a year), but here is my official intro.

I come from many past forums, and ive owned quite a few cars before: 1989 BMW 525i, 2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2001 Mercedes-Benz e430, 2005 Subaru legacy gt, 2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 r-spec.
    Over the years i have learned a lot... Ive tried and failed, tried and succeeded, understood and further expanded my knowledge just by reading, following, and doing my own WORK. I maybe would have never even tried to do my own work on my cars. But I knew my boys (and girls) at my forum always had my back. If i had question they were answered. If i needed pointers, they were given. Even if i needed to be spoon fed, it happened. I am happy to be a part of a enthusiast community.

I want to thank Shogun, E32FAN, davintosh, CroughtonE32, and all the others that participate in this wonderful community. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated (especialy Shogun), and i admire everybody's work. Ive gained a lot, and gathered lots of ideas. So now we continue on to the E32.

Since a blew the engine of my then daily driver SUBARU legacy, i was in need of another car that would fulfill the daily driver duties. Since i always liked the look of e32 and e34 (to me it just felt like those cars had so much soul to them), a quick search on craigslist yielded me a 1991 green 735i. But she was rough: paint was faded, cracked windshield, rear passenger door was hit in an accident, suspension was shot, tires were torn apart by the lack of suspension, twisting seats, antifreeze and power steering leaks, and the headliner was resting on my head. But for $1800 i drove her home. She had low miles 120K, the interior was in decent condition, and surprisingly everything worked.
    After a water pump, and couple of hoses, she was ready for the road. I also picked up some wheels off of 2006 750li, for the price of tires. And 5% limo tint was added on all windows.

So i drove her with no problems for about 4 months, already showing love and addiction signs for the e32. I this case i aquired another car, and decided that E32 needs major work done:
    She was repainted original color, windshield replaced.

I redid my whole suspension, steering, brakes: bilstein sport struts, with bav auto springs with two coils cut in front (with all new hardware), upper and lower control arms, center link with tie rods and idler arm. swaybar links (front & rear), motor mounts, transmission mounts, trailing arms. New brake pads, rotors, hand brake pads. wheel alignment. And all of this done at once.

The headliner and pillars were redone with tan suede.
    Ripped seats were sourced and replaced. The interior now is in mint condition. also air ducts were aded from a e34.
    Two month later she was ready for the road:

So i wasnt driving her thru most of the winter. And one day younger brother of mine asked me if he could borrow my E32, since his car wasn't drivable at the time. So i let him have it, even though deeply inside i did not trust him, nor i wanted him to drive... well later on that night he brought back a suprise for me. As he called it "a drifting accident"

doesnt look like much, but it costed me around 2800 with parts, and the frame had to be pulled. To get her back to her previous condition... the front had to be repainted after just 3 months...
    Since then, nobody ever drives her... ONLY and ONLY me.
    and this is how she looks currently:

And ofcourse i couldnt help not to be captain obvious on this one... so says the plate (sorry for the quality, phone pic with the lense cracked)

Thank you all. I hope you guys enjoy as much as i do

My Cars
    E30
    Nice ride!!! Is it lowered???

My Cars
    1991 bmw 735i
    yes, bav auto springs with front 2 coils cuts. rough ride

My Cars
    E30
    Do you like it or would u rather have stock?

My Cars
    01 E38;13 F30;84&88 E30
    i like what you did with the bumper there...

My Cars
    1990 735I (E32) M30
    Very nice car. You really put your heart into it. How about a few pictures of the interior. I'd like to especially see that suede headliner.

Jeff

My Cars
    '88 BMW 535is
    Great looking car. I'm starting to think that any wheel looks great on e32's.

My Cars
    90 & 92 735i 2004 MINI
    Beautiful job. I'd like to see any pics you may have of it before you did the work (as bought). Would love to do the same to my body but I already have 3 cars under restoration and my 735i is my daily driver.

My Cars
    '92 BMW 735i(W/383 GM)
    Not much to say that others haven't, but well done. Glad to have you with us.

My Cars
    BMW E32 735i
    Good E32, but please note how the front bumper should look originally, unless that was your idea from the begining. I mean the lower air ducts:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by StoyanG; 08-16-2013 at 06:14 PM.

My Cars
    1991 bmw 735i
    the front ducts are from e34, and i just added the middle part from my wrecked bumper.... i guess puttin in a lil of my own

My Cars
    E32 1988 BMW 750iL
    BMW made over 300,000 of the e32 7-series. Isn't it great that people can individualize them instead of keeping all of them factory original? I would like to hope there is room on this planet and in people's hearts for a few nonstock BMWs. These are not Ferraris. These are BMWs, and frankly I don't see the harm in individualizing one vehicle that he not only bought and paid for, but brought back to life after his bonehead brother decided to showcase his inability to drive a motor vehicle.

Clever idea integrating the E34 lower scoops.

Kudos to keeping this beloved 7-series alive and kicking for a second time.

My Cars
    1991 bmw 735i
    And so the story continues... I believe i will never sell this money hungry machine. I feel that it holds a small part of me. As a owner of f10 550, b8 s4, and c7 z06... Let me tell you, there is just something weird/beautifull about driving my e32. It gives me a feel of how this were made different back then. The smell of the leather, the atention to detail... And a ground control coilover kit on order....
    38130C36-.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images