Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: We need more build threads: 00 Z3MC SG/DBO

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Beautiful Coupe! Since I was looking at that one when it was selling... now I'm glad you got it. The restoration is amazing. I wouldn't have had time for all that, with all my licensing examinations coming up.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky1Z3 View Post
    Robb,

If this is the last minute throw together... I need to come hang out with you on headlight builds. I really dig this set. The city lamps would look great I am betting.

And of course, I love the cig lighter plug.... Youd be amazed how many people have asked about my coupe text one. Im sure the ///M one will get the same attention. Just be sure you tell them where they can get their own!! ;-)
    Yes, they look great from 5 feet away but like I said in the "retrofit" they have some things I'm not happy with. I think 2.0 are going to have people begging me to build them sets which I really am not trying to do, but everything is doable at the right price, Haha

I've already had 2 people ask about it and tell them where they can get them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 328 Power 04 View Post
    Beautiful Coupe! Since I was looking at that one when it was selling... now I'm glad you got it. The restoration is amazing. I wouldn't have had time for all that, with all my licensing examinations coming up.
    Yea, it was almost sold before I got a chance to grab it. It was on the guide for 2 weeks and I was seriosuly considering it, then disappeared. Then came back up 2 weeks later when the original buyer backed out. I drove up with cash to make sure I could get it without having to make the trip twice if I wanted to get it.
    Last edited by robb1887; 04-27-2014 at 10:22 AM.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Quote Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post

Yea, it was almost sold before I got a chance to grab it. It was on the guide for 2 weeks and I was seriosuly considering it, then disappeared. Then came back up 2 weeks later when the original buyer backed out. I drove up with cash to make sure I could get it without having to make the trip twice if I wanted to get it.

It wasn't me. lol. NEVER sell this car.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by 328 Power 04 View Post
    It wasn't me. lol. NEVER sell this car.
    I plan to be buried in this car.

My Cars
    00 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post

I plan to be buried in this car.
    I told my wife to spread my ashes in the car, dump the car into the ocean then have divers come down and bury the car, knock out all them common death rituals

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    They're alive!

And these parts came in today for version 2.0
    Last edited by robb1887; 04-30-2014 at 08:27 PM.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Few shots from Schuh 2014!

- - - Updated - - -

I will say the new brakes and suspension handled AMAZINGLY on the drive Friday.

The 440/600 springs are good in the switchbacks through the mountains on firm, and then I turned them almost completely soft for the drive home which made it a ton more comfortable than the ride there (Thanks Scott for the adjustment tool!!)

I still need to sort out a "popping" in my front end during low speed turns. Not sure if its from the new tie rods or the sway links or the coils. I'm going to see if I can get it up on a four post to see what's going on with it in the near future

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 DINAN S3
    That is most likely the spring binding. If it bothers you enough you can install some needle thrust (roller) bearings so the spring is able to rotate. my father is dealing with the same issue on his Z3M after a TC kline S/A install.

They are called a few different names, the other term for it is slipping my mind at the moment.
    Andrew:
    1995: Avus

///Supercharged 95 Club

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    That was my thought, but I'd never heard it with any other previous coil installs. I haven't bothered with it yet, to do any further trouble shooting but this was going to be my first inspection

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    Torrington bearings. I have a few laying around, if we can get the needed dimensions.

/.randy

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    For now I'm just dealing with it, my priorities are getting the headlights adjusted properly and getting to all the other house things I've neglected over the past two months to get the car thrown together in time for DSS. Once I have some free time to get back to tinkering it will be higher on the to-do list for sure. Thanks for all the help, everyone.

P.S. Randy, I'm going to try and swing by this weekend to drop off that boroscope and the lead wires etc.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    More shots from Schuh popping up.

Courtesy of Mscire2:

Been wrapped up in yard work the past few days, so no progress on FX-R retro 2.0. I have a digital caliper coming to help all the other bracket purchasers so that you can rebuild with confidence. Keep an eye out for the DIY thread I'll post when done.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Had a few hours over the last week to tinker with some small projects.

Version 2.0 retrofit work getting started:

Got the rear fenders rolled and installed my colormatched Garagewelt rear wiper delete.

Also, started disassembling the wheels a bit more. Still no idea what finish I want to get them done in but we are still months away from that.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quick snap from yesterday while I was cleaning up the garage. Back together for now, we'll see for how long. Finally sourced spacers till the ACS's are built to get the schoolbuss tuck at bay.

Hoping to have the second retrofit done soon. Considering making it to Bimmerfest East again, but I think it will be more of a day trip this year rather than a weekend bash as years past.

My Cars
    2001 E36/7 2.5i
    Robb - Just wanted to say that I love what you've done with your headlights. The projectors combined with the "frenched" high beams makes for a very cool, unique combo.
    -Bill

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Not much of an update... I haven't gotten much done to the car in the past few months due to work other than putting some miles on it. The second retrofit it still in pieces. I did get some more headlights for parts that will help too though.

I did do something exciting today however, but it is not exicting since its so "unpredictable". But I did ORDER my new lips and barrels today for the ACSs. I'm just hoping they take weeks to be made over months.

Do have some other small projects planned for this winter season though.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Car is up on stands as of the moment.

Rashed up Roadstars are sold

Wheels are being worked on as we speak.

And I ordered I Zionsville core today.

Should be a good winter.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    A few quick updates for the winter projects as of today.

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe & Roadster
    That radiator has seen better days.

Rob I can't find the ss caliper pistons are they NLA from bimmerworld? Only ones I'm finding is the centric brand replacements.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Yea, I was only able to get the rears earlier this year. The fronts have been on backorder since March. Apparently the demand is not high enough for the manufacturer to set the machine up is my guess.

And that radiator was struggling. Of you look hard you can see the drain dribbling at the bottom. I had the entire plug out and had to rattle a screwdriver around for it to start draining. And it didn't fully, I ended up having to clean up a bunch when I took off other hoses.
    Last edited by robb1887; 11-29-2014 at 08:31 AM.

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe & Roadster
    Going to look at my calipers tomorrow. Think my rear left froze up after a wash. Need to check if piston is pitted.

Haha gunked up like crazy.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe

My Cars
    00 Mshoe

Little teaser of some of the work I put in today. Hopefully a nicer update and a DIY tomorrow.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Got some cleaning done today, a few more small things on the door panel and that will be coming to completion.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    This bad boy showed up today!

Dem welds

Also "finished" my driver door panel. Just touching up the speaker grills and it'll be a lot better than it was. No more leather torn from the center, bashed in grill, or wrinkled vinyl over the speaker. DIY to come
    Last edited by robb1887; 01-05-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast