Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: We need more build threads: 00 Z3MC SG/DBO

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    My days of filling CO2 canisters by weight might be showing.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Lol.
    M driver, RSV4 Rider, Powerstroke roller

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Shots of the S50 tank swap, and cooling refresh bits. The shock tower/parts will be painted later when I get some color matched paint, but needed to be coated for the time being for obvious reasons.

Overall engine bay as it sits

Deleted the Throttle body heater lines and used the tab in the head for my temp sender

Fan delete, Zionsville radiator, and Euro coolant "vent" pipe:

Relocated 20-pin port and (+) tower connection, also can see the coil pack plug has been relocated under the wire bundle sort of:

I plan to do a bit more with the coil pack plug but it works for the time being.

Overall passenger side shots:

Over all it was a bunch of added work to what could be a much smaller job for a "cooiling overhaul" but successfully accomplished all my check boxes for why I originally wanted to do it. It works excellently for my long term goals that will be coming in the following years. I dunno if its for everyone but its going to work very well for me when I've "finished" my plans for the Mcoupe.

I will eventually be swapping on the "vent" pipe with a SS line since I thought it was going to be tube, but its just plastic, which I dont want to have in the engine bay if I can help it. The Euro hard pipe that goes around the head was useless and I ended up with a custom made steel pipe that was bent and welded together with the US spec pipe to work very well. I am very happy with how it is all running and am glad that I went through with it.
    Last edited by robb1887; 05-31-2015 at 05:56 PM.

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    Quote Originally Posted by BenFenner View Post
    I'll just post real numbers once I get more pictures hosted. Maybe we're talking a few dozen grams and not a few pounds though. We'll see. =/
    1.2 pounds per wheel/tire package gained by adding balance weights, valve stem, and air fill.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFenner View Post
    The finished fronts weighed in at 44.0 pounds each and the rears at 48.2 pounds. If you recall the front wheels weigh 17.0 pounds and the rears 19.2, and the front tires 25.8 and rear tires 27.8 pounds.
    Doing the math shows that each front wheel/tire combo gained 1.2 pounds in the process, which is down to balancing weights, valve stem, and air fill.
    The rears gained the same 1.2 pounds each as well.

Quote Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
    Did I just read someone saying 2lbs for valve stem. Air and balance weights?
    What do I win?

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    The two non-camera phone/IG shots I've found so far from the past weekend's local import show (Springfest):

Was a pretty good turn out, but as suspected a bunch of Honda/VW crowd as it is every year. There were maybe three dozen BMW's at the event of over 400 I'd say that were in the showing lot. I did not walk through the spectator parking. I was the only Mcoupe but there was a 2.8roady in attendance as well.

My Cars
    04 E46 M3 JB/Kiwi
    Wow, Stunning build and restoration. I would love to get a roadster/coupe one day but I prefer the S54 ones.......

I love the wheel fitment on your car. Its spot on perfect along with the ride height. The FXR projector retrofit is also beautiful, This car needs it.

EURO 04 M3
    Current Mods: GC DA's, Eibach ARB's, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Depo's, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, Z8 Starter Button, BBS CHs, Lamin-X, STORM SMG Paddles, RE RTABs/RCAs, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, M3 CSL HP DME, TTFS Tune, STOPTECH ST40's, FXR 3.0 Projectors, SS Stepped headers + Catless S Pipes + Res X-Pipe + Sport Muffler, OEM CSL Roof, OEM CSL Steering.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaz3739 View Post
    Wow, Stunning build and restoration. I would love to get a roadster/coupe one day but I prefer the S54 ones.......

I love the wheel fitment on your car. Its spot on perfect along with the ride height. The FXR projector retrofit is also beautiful, This car needs it.
    While the S54 is faster stock, Turbo has always been the "goal" for this car, so the S52 is a much better choice for me. To each their own.

I agree the retrofit is almost a MUST do after having it done. My night driving isn't a task any more and is very easy and enjoyable as before it was a "guess" what was out there.

My Cars
    04 E46 M3 JB/Kiwi
    Quote Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
    While the S54 is faster stock, Turbo has always been the "goal" for this car, so the S52 is a much better choice for me. To each their own.

I agree the retrofit is almost a MUST do after having it done. My night driving isn't a task any more and is very easy and enjoyable as before it was a "guess" what was out there.
    Your going to turbo this thing? Thats going to be wicked. You are making me think of an S54 Mcoupe/Roadster with the MAXPsi Turbo Kit....

EURO 04 M3
    Current Mods: GC DA's, Eibach ARB's, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Depo's, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, Z8 Starter Button, BBS CHs, Lamin-X, STORM SMG Paddles, RE RTABs/RCAs, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, M3 CSL HP DME, TTFS Tune, STOPTECH ST40's, FXR 3.0 Projectors, SS Stepped headers + Catless S Pipes + Res X-Pipe + Sport Muffler, OEM CSL Roof, OEM CSL Steering.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    That's the plan. All the projects are going towards supporting a reliable turbo car.

My Cars
    04 E46 M3 JB/Kiwi
    That's the plan. All the projects are going towards supporting a reliable turbo car.
    looking forward to it.

EURO 04 M3

My Cars
    E36 Evo 3.2 6m/t artik
    Do you like the Ground Control suspension system?
    I like the alternate transport system propped by your garage door a few posts ago..

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by btz461 View Post
    Do you like the Ground Control suspension system?
    I like the alternate transport system propped by your garage door a few posts ago..
    Love the GC.

Not sure which post you're referring to on the alternative transportation though

My Cars
    E36 Evo 3.2 6m/t artik
    05-31-2015 @ 4.53 Propped up by the garage door. Thanks for the feedback on the GC

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    The broom?

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    Oh, that. I was visiting that day.

/.randy

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Yea apparently I'm a witch... who knew?!

I thought I had snuck in a photo of my road bike, went through all 11 pages trying to find it and didn't. I was really confused 5 mins after I woke up

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    You share brooms with Randy?
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    He actually just gave mine a six speed.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Thanks to kojohns I added some engine bling

My Cars
    Tesla MYP
    That race brace is sweet!

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupe_Envy View Post
    That race brace is sweet!
    Thanks, I couldn't really pass it up when it came along.... so there it resides. Ha

My Cars
    MRoadster, E92 335i
    what were the final wheel speccs? I couldn't find the information and the fitment is perfect.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by codyep3 View Post
    what were the final wheel speccs? I couldn't find the information and the fitment is perfect.
    The wheels/tires will be coming off soon for winter storage to the inside garage. I can remeasure them when that happens. But they should be ET9/ET31 (or there abouts) from what I recall. I would prefer the rears to be a smidge futher in, ET12 or so. They look pretty good but my OCD would love them a few more mm in to match the fronts with the current alignment specs. I could camber the rears a bit more if I wanted to but with the tires I run the added wear just for the fitment is not worth it to me.

My Cars
    MRoadster, E92 335i
    The wheels/tires will be coming off soon for winter storage to the inside garage. I can remeasure them when that happens. But they should be ET9/ET31 (or there abouts) from what I recall. I would prefer the rears to be a smidge futher in, ET12 or so. They look pretty good but my OCD would love them a few more mm in to match the fronts with the current alignment specs. I could camber the rears a bit more if I wanted to but with the tires I run the added wear just for the fitment is not worth it to me.
    What were the widths?

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    9.5F 11.5R

Actually it was all included in the OP under the wheels & tires section

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast