BAVToys

Thread: LED lighting for new headlights and current taillights

My Cars
    93 325, 97 Z3,
    I recently purchased the following 1 piece headlights http://www.ebay.com/itm/390625628664...84.m1439.l2649 for my 1994 BMW 325is. They require H1 bulbs for the low beams, and H3 for the high beams. Im curious if these LED's are a good buy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360709042279...84.m1423.l2649 for the H1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161073979276...84.m1423.l2649 for the H3's.

Im thinking an amber LED for the side markers (front and rear), and I want to run a red LED for the taillights, but want to run the factory EURO fogs, and another LED for the reverse lights. Looking for options and opinions. Thanks
    Last edited by jwindbigler; 08-04-2013 at 09:18 PM.

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    Return the headlights you bought, they are complete junk. They are cheap, lead filled, chinese trash. The light output will be horrible no matter what you do, they will fall apart and leak and look horrible. Please, I'm not trying to be mean, just set you on the right path. Look into Depo, or DJ auto headlights, and if you want the best, retrofit some good projectors into them (look up marketmasters threads on the subject).

As for your other question, no those LED lights will not work. Sure they will light up, but they aren't powerful or bright enough to be used as headlight bulbs. You wont be able to see more than 5 feet in front of the car, if even that.

My Cars
    93 325, 97 Z3,
    Thanks for the input.

My Cars
    93 325, 97 Z3,
    Okay, so obviously I'm messing up here. I don't want to go in the wrong direction with the fogs. What fogs should I order?

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    Stick with OEM fogs, they look the best and perform the best on e36's. I tried many different ones when I had my car and the OEM was the best. As for bulbs, that's debatable depending on what look/function you want.

My Cars
    93 325, 97 Z3,
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonerDee View Post
    Stick with OEM fogs, they look the best and perform the best on e36's. I tried many different ones when I had my car and the OEM was the best. As for bulbs, that's debatable depending on what look/function you want.
    I want the max visibility possible with a halo.

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    For max visibility, buy the depo/dj auto headlights I mentioned, then retrofit in Fx-r projectors (look up marketmaster's awesome work) then get a decent set of Xenon's (HID'S) to put in them, you can find a lot of stuff at www.theretrofitsource.com. Keep the factory fog light housings and get a nice set of bulbs to put in them, Piaa, Phillips etc. and call it a day.

My Cars
    93 325, 97 Z3,
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonerDee View Post
    For max visibility, buy the depo/dj auto headlights I mentioned, then retrofit in Fx-r projectors (look up marketmaster's awesome work) then get a decent set of Xenon's (HID'S) to put in them, you can find a lot of stuff at www.theretrofitsource.com. Keep the factory fog light housings and get a nice set of bulbs to put in them, Piaa, Phillips etc. and call it a day.
    Sounds good. Thank you

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    Best of luck to you.

My Cars
    93 325, 97 Z3,
    Thank you sir. And to you as well

My Cars
    1995 m3
    Those types of led's are good for side markers or blinkers, but not recommended for low or high beam because they do not have the same output as HID's or halogens and they are not as reliable because the individual led's you see tend to go out one by one without you noticing. You are better of with a standard halogen is my personal opinion.

My Cars
    93 325, 97 Z3,
    I was planning halogen bulbs for her. Thank you