Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: E36 M3 Enthusiast Class Time Attack Build and daily driver.

My Cars
    E36
    What size tire are you running? and stock calipers and rotors?

Car looks killer btw
    Last edited by dirtdiggler; 04-08-2014 at 10:58 PM.

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdiggler View Post
    What size tire are you running? and stock calipers and rotors?

Car looks killer btw
    I'm running 255/40/17 and stock calipers and rotors with Project Mu Club Racer pads. And thank you!

My Cars
    BMW
    Just finished reading all 5 pages, great build and great driving.

Curious you ever going to add a roll bar to it?

My Cars
    '98 Cosmos M3
    Just read your whole build as well, very nice stuff!
    I've seen you with ExtremeSpeed and can honestly say, that's some nice driving!
    I was in my Cosmos e36 m3 in Feb. with JMP, On poopie Federal 595SS.. Looking to get a very slow build going as it has become an obsession at this point.

Good luck in the future and I'm sure i'll see you around!

My Cars
    e28 / e32
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir@AvusAutosport View Post
    Thanks Deryl...My Koyorad radiator came in today. I'm excited to get this in because my car still had cooling issues with the aftermarket aluminum radiator that it has in it now. The Koyorad has a bigger which should help a lot.

I'm trying to figure out which radiator to get for my e36 M3. The Koyorad is one I'm considering. Unfortunately not many reviews or feedback on this new radiator. How as fitment for you? Any issues and/or modifications required? Have pics of it installed?

BTW nice car

Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsweat8 View Post
    Just finished reading all 5 pages, great build and great driving.

Curious you ever going to add a roll bar to it?
    Thank you. I plan on eventually putting a full cage in it when the budget permits. Currently I'm working on focusing on this season and then moving classes which requires FI so the budget is oriented towards that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewSkii View Post
    Just read your whole build as well, very nice stuff!
    I've seen you with ExtremeSpeed and can honestly say, that's some nice driving!
    I was in my Cosmos e36 m3 in Feb. with JMP, On poopie Federal 595SS.. Looking to get a very slow build going as it has become an obsession at this point.

Good luck in the future and I'm sure i'll see you around!
    Rad man! The guys at JMP are great and fun to be on track with. I haven't had the chance to get on track with them lately though. I think I remember your car. That was at streets right? I'm glad to hear that you're hooked. It's a very expensive obsession, but worth every penny haha.

Quote Originally Posted by puma1824 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out which radiator to get for my e36 M3. The Koyorad is one I'm considering. Unfortunately not many reviews or feedback on this new radiator. How as fitment for you? Any issues and/or modifications required? Have pics of it installed?

BTW nice car

Thanks in advance.
    I 100% recommend the Koyorad. Awesome quality, fitment, and I had no issues putting it in my car. I'm going to post a review soon with install photos so keep an eye out for that.

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Round 2 of Redline Time Attack was a huge success thanks to the support of my sponsors. Here's an in car video of my winning lap that was also a new class record.

Last edited by Amir@AvusAutosport; 04-25-2014 at 08:48 PM.

My Cars
    79 320/6 81320i 65malibu
    Amir - Congrats - nice drive. Looking forward to getting out and see you run in person!

Always FUN TO DRIVE - Build Thread & Tech info - 79 320/6 track car build thread -- Videos of track car -Adam in car Auto-x video - Start-up video - 4/2011 Adam's TOP BMW time San Diego BMWCCA - 4-5-15 Dyno break-in run new M20B25 - Exhaust Thread - Link

My Cars
    1997 Estoril M3 Coupe
    Great driving, you should put your 911 build on here as well. I mean we have to keep an eye on the bimmer's competition...

My Cars
    96 M3
    wow! cant believe im just stumbling into this thread now. Congrats man!

The car looks awesome too! Love forgeline RS's!

This build is making me drool a lot haha

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD MAN View Post
    Amir - Congrats - nice drive. Looking forward to getting out and see you run in person!
    Thanks again Deryl. I look forward to seeing you and your e21 soon!

Quote Originally Posted by sullypants1 View Post
    Great driving, you should put your 911 build on here as well. I mean we have to keep an eye on the bimmer's competition...
    Thank you. I wish the 911 was competition, but the M3 is currently quite a bit faster. I'll start a thread for the 911 when I start working on it again.

Quote Originally Posted by GTRSv View Post
    wow! cant believe im just stumbling into this thread now. Congrats man!

The car looks awesome too! Love forgeline RS's!

This build is making me drool a lot haha
    Thank you very much!

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Summer is coming, and CA track days get hot! I recently picked up a Koyorad radiator since the current radiator was one that I bought because I didn't have time. Even with the new rad the car would overheat on hot track days after 3-4 laps at certain tracks that were hard on the car. When I found out Koyorad was coming out with a radiator I knew it would be the option I was looking for. Excellent quality, fitment, and value.

Here are a couple of shots of the radiator. As you can see, it has a much bigger core than stock at 48mm. Most 42+mm radiators from reputable manufacturers are almost twice the price. So this was a no brainer since i know that Koyorad has top notch quality and all of my friends have used their parts on track for years.

In no time I had the old radiator out. Here are a couple of shots comparing the old radiator to the new one.

One thing I hated about the old radiator was the poor fitment. When we put it in originally it didn't fit right and required a lot of massaging to make fit. The Koyorad radiator fit perfectly and the factory shroud mounted easily. Needless to say I was very happy with the ease of installation.

Next came testing on track and in gridlock traffic. With the old radiator or stock radiator I couldn't sit in traffic with the A/C on. With the new radiator that problem went away. I'm confident that i could sit for hours and never have a problem. Finally the real test of beating on it at the track came. I ran the car for 3 sessions with multiple hotlaps for testing the temps never budged despite the hot day.

Overall I'm thrilled with the performance of the radiator. Hands down the best option when it comes to performance, quality, and value.
    Last edited by Amir@AvusAutosport; 06-05-2014 at 09:47 PM.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan Estoril
    Appreciate the feedback and review on the koyo unit. Was contemplating mishimoto as they supposedly redesigned their radiators to stop the leak issues they had but this gives another option for sure.

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Since the last post I had Round 4 of Redline Time Attack at Willow Springs International Raceway. It was a really hot day, and a mistake in my first timed session lead to a fast lap that wasn't as good as I had hoped. I held the previous record with a 1:32.243. I was able to set a new record of 1:31.914. It was a bit of a disappointment since the car would have done a lower 1:31 and potentially a 1:30 in the first session. The temperatures got to around 95 degrees in the second timed session which kill any chance of a really fast lap. Despite that, I still had a lot of fun and the cars performance was excellent.

Here are a couple of photos from the event.

My front Big Brake Kit from WP Pro is coming together too.
    Here's a picture of the 8 Piston Calipers with Carbide Nitride treated heat shields

They're also working on a light weight rotor. With the rotor and hat it should weigh in at less than that stock rotor despite being almost 40mm larger.
    Last edited by Amir@AvusAutosport; 11-25-2014 at 07:05 PM.

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    Wow badass! Smart move to shave weight in the braking system, definitely helps out.
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    1989 BMW 325is
    Those control arms look awesome.

It it was nice meeting you at the last autocross.

Leave me feedback here
    Build thread

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    I installed the arms a couple of days ago in preparation for Round 5 of Redline Time Attack. The response and feel on the drive home was great. I can't wait to see how different the front end feels this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by stealthbeam View Post
    Wow badass! Smart move to shave weight in the braking system, definitely helps out.
    Thanks man, less unsprung mass makes me happy haha.
    Last edited by Amir@AvusAutosport; 11-25-2014 at 07:07 PM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir@AvusAutosport View Post
    I installed the arms a couple of days ago in preparation for Round 5 of Redline Time Attack. The response and feel on the drive home was great. I can't wait to see how different the front end feels this weekend!

I'll be interested to hear your results, mainly if new spring/swaybar settings are needed after the roll center change, also if you can run less negative camber, or what kind of tire temperature variation you find (if you're checking that). Also, do you know what kind of ackerman change you end up with? It looks like you end up with a lot less ackerman than originally, though I'm sure the increased steering ratio is awesome!

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFabM3 View Post
    I'll be interested to hear your results, mainly if new spring/swaybar settings are needed after the roll center change, also if you can run less negative camber, or what kind of tire temperature variation you find (if you're checking that). Also, do you know what kind of ackerman change you end up with? It looks like you end up with a lot less ackerman than originally, though I'm sure the increased steering ratio is awesome!
    I'll report back with tire temps and suspension changes after this weekend. I'm running the massive Turner bar, but I run a soft rate in the front. I'm thinking that I may have to just change the front sway bar.

Ackerman is near stock I believe. The kit comes with 4 Ackerman settings and I have it set at the stock level Ackerman.

My Cars
    e30 325i, e36 m3 sedan
    Awesome build man, just read the whole thread. Is this still your DD? If so what tires/wheels are you daily driving on?

I picked up an m3 sedan a few months ago and am slowly building it up as a DD/track car. This is inspiration for me to say the least, well done!
    e30 1989 325i coupe, Alpine White

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by M3boarder View Post
    Awesome build man, just read the whole thread. Is this still your DD? If so what tires/wheels are you daily driving on?

I picked up an m3 sedan a few months ago and am slowly building it up as a DD/track car. This is inspiration for me to say the least, well done!
    Thank you! It is no longer my DD, but I still drive it a once or twice a week. I just drive it on my track wheels/tires.

Good luck on your build!

My Cars
    02 M3
    Interesting you went with a drift setup for road course use... Interested to see your results also!

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Inflame View Post
    Interesting you went with a drift setup for road course use... Interested to see your results also!
    What parts qualify as "drift setup"?

My Cars
    02 M3
    Since you questioned it. I did another google search and noticed two different kits, last time I only saw the drift angle kit.

My Cars
    M3 Saloon
    Amir, what machine shop are you using for your motor rebuilds and head p&p..?
    Last edited by hide1; 07-31-2014 at 01:40 AM.
    If the mind can conceive it, & you believe it, you will achieve it. - Napolean Hill
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1998 Alpine White & 1998 Arctic Silver ///m3/4/5
    JC Intake - ASC Delete - Dinan TB - Flow Matched 21.5# Injectors - JC Tune - SS Euro Reps (modified to retain SAP) - z3m ssk - Eisenmann Race 76mm - Yokohama Advan S2 - Squared LTW's - FK Silverline +X - Rogue FCAB/ RTAB/ RSM/ TM - X-Brace - CDV Delete -Racing Dynamics F&R Strut Braces - NGK BKR6E- German Castrol 0w-40

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast