Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: E36 M3 Enthusiast Class Time Attack Build and daily driver.

My Cars
    E46 M3 & EG Civic
    I've seen this car at few events this year and it looks awesome! Great to see how much work you've done over a short period of time. See you at SLB!

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by berny2435 View Post
    How's the start in 1st with that fly and clutch combo?

GL at the next event!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    It's actually really easy and doesn't have the normal problems associated with light flywheels. I expected some issues with first gear starts, however was pleased to find out that the only time there are issues is if you screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    I've seen this car at few events this year and it looks awesome! Great to see how much work you've done over a short period of time. See you at SLB!
    Thanks man! Which car are you going to be in at Super Lap?

My Cars
    E46 M3 & EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir@AvusAutosport View Post
    It's actually really easy and doesn't have the normal problems associated with light flywheels. I expected some issues with first gear starts, however was pleased to find out that the only time there are issues is if you screw up.

Thanks man! Which car are you going to be in at Super Lap?
    I'll be in my Civic which is the dedicated track car and running in Limited FF. I think I talked to you briefly at a Buttonwillow event through Extreme.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Sorry, I didn't realize who you were from your screen name. I love your EG, that thing is awesome. I was looking at EG's on craigslist on Friday haha.

I look forward to seeing you at Super Lap. Anything special going into the car for the big day?

My Cars
    E46 M3 & EG Civic
    Thanks, man! I actually sold my E36 M3 sedan about a year ago for the E46. Love that body style!

Nothing too special. I've been messing with the car all year and finally think I have my current set up pretty dialed. Putting on some fresh NT01s and hoping for low 58s. I'll probably get my ass kicked by all the big boys though.

My Cars
    97 Mtech 318ti
    is the driver of the red e36 single O_o

lol keep it up amir!

My Cars
    E46 M3, M3/4/5
    Been following your build, functional and sexy! I originally also wanted a 4-door but may end up settling for a coupe. : ( Love what you've done so far. Keep up the aweomse build and hope to see you at the track in the near future.
    Last edited by biiemu3; 11-03-2013 at 01:26 PM.

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Super Lap Battle is getting close and I've been working on the car nonstop to get it ready. I'll try to post some updated pictures soon along with the car in Super Lap trim.

In the meantime check out MotoIQ's preview to Super Lap Battle
    http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...-Preview.aspx\

Quote Originally Posted by EuroHB View Post
    is the driver of the red e36 single O_o

lol keep it up amir!
    lol thanks Bryan!

Quote Originally Posted by biiemu3 View Post
    Been following your build, functional and sexy! I originally also wanted a 4-door but may end up settling for a coupe. : ( Love what you've done so far. Keep up the aweomse build and hope to see you at the track in the near future.
    Thank you! I wouldn't call an alpine e46 settling though haha. Let me know when you decide to come out to the track. I'm at every Extremespeed event and we have a good group of friends that come out often.

My Cars
    E46 M3, ITR
    How did testing go? :58/9?
    My Time Attack build:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1799131

Thanks to: Okada Projects, JRZ Suspension, ESS Tuning, Klassen Wheels, Project Mu, AEM.

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    How did testing go? :58/9?
    Testing was both good and bad. I was only able to do a 59.4 which was good considering the circumstances. I had to test on really old rs3's since I had an issues getting wheels. Then I found out that my alignment was way off and I had a nail in my left rear tire. We fixed the Saturday morning and made some adjustments. The car felt much better after that and with fresh tires and a clean track we should be fighting for the win. The only sad part was that there was a Miata running 2:10-14's in advance run group that basically pushed me off track after Phil Hill causing me to break my splitter second session of the first day. Because of that at speed over 90 the car would shake violently. Fortunately I have a spare splitter and will be ready in time for Super Lap!
    Hopefully team BMW can take a pair of wins this Thursday haha!

Are you guys ready for Super Lap? The car look awesome in gold btw.

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5
    congrats! do you have any pictures of how you are using your seatbelts?

I'm looking to update my 4dr past OEM 3pts and or utilizing a different female buckle custom mounted somewhere.

I have a sparco EVO II on recaro sliders and a planted base and I have an issue with the female buckle being too far forward for me since I slide the seat all the way back.

My Cars
    E46 M3, ITR
    Testing was both good and bad. I was only able to do a 59.4 which was good considering the circumstances. I had to test on really old rs3's since I had an issues getting wheels. Then I found out that my alignment was way off and I had a nail in my left rear tire. We fixed the Saturday morning and made some adjustments. The car felt much better after that and with fresh tires and a clean track we should be fighting for the win. The only sad part was that there was a Miata running 2:10-14's in advance run group that basically pushed me off track after Phil Hill causing me to break my splitter second session of the first day. Because of that at speed over 90 the car would shake violently. Fortunately I have a spare splitter and will be ready in time for Super Lap!
    Hopefully team BMW can take a pair of wins this Thursday haha!

Are you guys ready for Super Lap? The car look awesome in gold btw.

New RS-3's will put you in the :58's which is what Rif(e92m3) is running, it'll be a nice battle between the two of you.

Long nights started weeks ago, we're never completely "ready" but the car is more complete now than when we went testing. I have a fingers crossed for a smooth day at SLB... it never is but I can wish! lol

See you in less than 48 hours!!
    My Time Attack build:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1799131

Thanks to: Okada Projects, JRZ Suspension, ESS Tuning, Klassen Wheels, Project Mu, AEM.

My Cars
    1996 328i Track car
    Congrats on your second place - 1/10th behind an E92 M3 is very impressive!

My Cars
    BMW 316i
    I can't stop looking at this one, so perfect!

My Cars
    E36 318is track car
    Duuude ! You're on StanceWorks ! :O Awesome shots

http://www.stanceworks.com/2013/11/s...-buttonwillow/

My Cars
    E46 M3, M3/4/5
    ^ Congrats! How do you like the Clubsport with Swift springs? Your DA's for sale? pm me if for sale : )

- - - Updated - - -

911S

http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/12/amirs-track-porsche-911/

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    I'm just now coming off of the high of Super Lap Battle. Despite how much fun I had I'm glad that the struggle to get parts installed in time and the aero finished is over. The car is awesome and finally close to where I want it to be. Now we have a few more modifications to make to get those last tenths and fine tune the settings to maximize what we have.

Additionally I'm thrilled to announce that StanceWorks and I will be partnering up in my Time Attack campaign. Check out their coverage of Super Lap here http://www.stanceworks.com/2013/11/s...-buttonwillow/.

Finally I would like to thank Avus Autosport, VAC Motorsports, KW Suspension, Swift Springs, and Motorsport hardware for their on going support. I wouldn't be able to do it without them.

Here are some of the photos from the StanceWorks article.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolimitz77 View Post
    Congrats on your second place - 1/10th behind an E92 M3 is very impressive!
    We were very happy with the result and the lap time with all things considered. As I'm sure you understand, we always want to win haha. I knew going into the event that a :57 would be the winning time and I think the car has a :57 in it without any other modifications. We just weren't able to test with the new set up and left time on the table due to set up and minor tweaks. Despite the disappointment it was still a great event and the car was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jegerbmw View Post
    I can't stop looking at this one, so perfect!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Peak08 View Post
    Duuude ! You're on StanceWorks ! :O Awesome shots

http://www.stanceworks.com/2013/11/s...-buttonwillow/
    Thanks! I couldn't be happier to have their support in my Time Attack campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by biiemu3 View Post
    ^ Congrats! How do you like the Clubsport with Swift springs? Your DA's for sale? pm me if for sale : )

- - - Updated - - -

911S

http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/12/amirs-track-porsche-911/
    The Clubsports are excellent. I'll be posting a full review soon since there isn't one for a track oriented e36 posted yet. I will be selling the TC Klines in the next couple of weeks. I'll make sure that you're the first to know!
    The poor 911 has been "resting" in the garagefor a while. I need to drive it soon and give it some love.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Congrats on placing, you built quite the car to be fighting toe to toe with a V8 M3!

Love the pics and coverage. Big fan of your car and the 911.

I'd like to read up on the Clubsports review when you're finished, post up in the track section or E36 M3 (or both!).

I like that stanceworks vinyl, I'd like a smaller version for the 3/4 window
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5
    Congrats!

hmm, KW Clubsports. I wouldn't have expected that. Maybe they developed those a bit more than their other setups which have travel issues when lowered to typical Race Ride heights. Good to know they can be fast though! What rates did you end up with?

I found that with my S2000, the KW clubsports could take up to 200#s more spring rate than they came with. 250#s if really needed and you only needed to use the upper half of adjustability.
    Last edited by berny2435; 11-22-2013 at 05:35 PM.

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    Congrats on placing, you built quite the car to be fighting toe to toe with a V8 M3!

Love the pics and coverage. Big fan of your car and the 911.

I'd like to read up on the Clubsports review when you're finished, post up in the track section or E36 M3 (or both!).

I like that stanceworks vinyl, I'd like a smaller version for the 3/4 window
    Thank you! I'll have the review up in a couple of weeks once I get a few more days on the coils and have them set up. I'll see if the guys at StanceWorks are planning on making a run on those stickers. I'm looking forward to a new design for the 2014 season.

Quote Originally Posted by berny2435 View Post
    Congrats!

hmm, KW Clubsports. I wouldn't have expected that. Maybe they developed those a bit more than their other setups which have travel issues when lowered to typical Race Ride heights. Good to know they can be fast though! What rates did you end up with?

I found that with my S2000, the KW clubsports could take up to 200#s more spring rate than they came with. 250#s if really needed and you only needed to use the upper half of adjustability.
    Thanks! The Clubsport valving has actually been pretty good. I also don't run my car really low (as you can see in the pictures). I don't have corrected geometry and most cars at typical race heights are often far from an ideal compromise ride height. I also know that S2K guys like to run really high spring rates. I've heard that Evasive had a 16k/16k set up on their Time Attack car which is really high for a street tire imo. I'm running a 10k/14k but the 14k doesn't act like a 14k due to the motion ratio in the rear suspension. I typically try to run the lowest spring rate I can.
    On your s2k did the coils just stop absorbing bumps when you went over 250#?

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5
    sort of. A little more skippy I guess you could say. If you didn't have the settings right.

I never ran 250# over. only 200# b/c of input from a buddy of mine. S2k came with came with 550/550
    I ran 650f/750r but a Massive front Swaybar in the 500-800# rate area. Gendron/Small fortune racing 1.25" x .25 wall. Rear was a 1" x 1/8" wall which was about 1/3 the stiffness of the stock S2000 arb in the 320lb range.

A buddy of mine ran 800#s and said that the adjustability wasn't there after he did that. Had to run in the top 1/3 of the rebound settings to keep it from bouncing too much. I'm no shock expert, but requiring the shock to run near the max rebound setting isn't ideal for high speed impacts. I didn't want that for a double duty car.

As I inceased spring rates, I just found that I had to increase the rebound. I allways tried to keep it a couple clicks above where I thought was the lowest setting. On the rear, I could still dial back on compression settings to make grip when needed like when changing tire brands and such. I think the lowest compression setting I ran was 4 out of 12 clicks. I never felt that the shocks weren't good enough for me but they probably could have been better if valved for higher rates. I'm keeping my eyes on MCS internally adjustable Doubles.
    Last edited by berny2435; 11-22-2013 at 06:17 PM.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Thank you! I'll have the review up in a couple of weeks once I get a few more days on the coils and have them set up. I'll see if the guys at StanceWorks are planning on making a run on those stickers. I'm looking forward to a new design for the 2014 season.

Thanks! The Clubsport valving has actually been pretty good. I also don't run my car really low (as you can see in the pictures). I don't have corrected geometry and most cars at typical race heights are often far from an ideal compromise ride height. I also know that S2K guys like to run really high spring rates. I've heard that Evasive had a 16k/16k set up on their Time Attack car which is really high for a street tire imo. I'm running a 10k/14k but the 14k doesn't act like a 14k due to the motion ratio in the rear suspension. I typically try to run the lowest spring rate I can.
    On your s2k did the coils just stop absorbing bumps when you went over 250#?
    Yeah I'd love a smaller set of that sticker.

I can't say I've had experience with KW, I know their product is good and I'd love to try their stuff, but it's kind of expensive to be switching around different brands just to 'try. I gotta say you're probably the 2nd person I've heard of on these forums that has the KW clubsport. The thing that irks me about KW is their vagueness with some of their products. I can't say I've looked into it that much, but I've read that the KW clubsports are basically V3's with slightly higher rates and the camber plates. Others I've heard say the clubsport valving is different than the V3. Regardless, the V3 doesn't seem to be a bad damper. And I'm sure KW brings a great product... although at list price they're quite high. I've also heard their pricing is a bit... aggressive, but I'm sure there are vendors that sell them at better rates.

Is 10k/14k what they came with? I actually want to try those rates next.
    Last edited by propcar; 11-22-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    E36
    Much respect on the podium, we were rooting for you and platte forme here at BWS.

My Cars
    09 M3, 97 Viper, 92 NSX
    Congrats on the TA success. Not sure if you said it but have you dynoed your car?

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaze View Post
    Much respect on the podium, we were rooting for you and platte forme here at BWS.
    Thanks man, I really appreciate it! I look forward to your TA build now!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    Congrats on the TA success. Not sure if you said it but have you dynoed your car?
    Thanks Billy! I haven't. I'd guess in the ballpark of 255-270 on your typical Dynojet. Now that we have some time I want to get it dynoed to see if we're leaving power on the table and then try to get a custom tune for the next season with a few more parts.
    I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing the FXMD car in action with Redline next year.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast