Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: E36 M3 Enthusiast Class Time Attack Build and daily driver.

My Cars
    '94 325is ls1/T56
    i saw your car at SOW when i was up there back in april or march and your car was basically stock, it looks like the build it coming along great.

My Cars
    '97 M3/2/6 '01 996tt
    I approve!
    http://www.hardmotorsport.com http://Facebook.com/HardMotorsport

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rpirate View Post
    i saw your car at SOW when i was up there back in april or march and your car was basically stock, it looks like the build it coming along great.
    Sounds right. I think that was one of the first days that I really drove it and caused me to build it. Thank you for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by ahardm3 View Post
    I approve!
    Thanks!

I have quite a bit planned for Super Lap Battle in November and will be updating this thread with some new parts that are going into the car. I have another round of Redline Time Attack in two weeks at Autoclub Speedway and hope to have a few updates done by then.

Additionally the battery is working perfectly so I'm 100% happy.

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Nothing much going on lately, although I did Plasti Dip my front lip since it had taken a beating at the track.

And here is a shot from the last track day

My Cars
    95 LS1 M3
    cant wait for the next stages Amir! Lovin the build
    Race/Street Wheel stud conversion kits and spacers --->www.MotorsportHardware.com
    95 M3 7.1L LSX

My Cars
    1999 E36/8 M coupe
    well documented and nice build. Very good driving as well.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Is that battery the MLP-2712-C3? 450cca?
    I went to Miria site and they say the auto batteries are not out yet but Amazon has this for ATVs listed. Just wondering if the alternator would over charge it.

Sent from me

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    My Motorsport Hardware Stud conversion kit came in yesterday. I'm stoked since I no longer have to deal with the hassle of wheel bolts at the track. The quality is excellent and they're TUV approved.

Quote Originally Posted by kalib0y View Post
    cant wait for the next stages Amir! Lovin the build
    Quote Originally Posted by DJB515 View Post
    well documented and nice build. Very good driving as well.
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Racerbox77 View Post
    Is that battery the MLP-2712-C3? 450cca?
    I went to Miria site and they say the auto batteries are not out yet but Amazon has this for ATVs listed. Just wondering if the alternator would over charge it.

Sent from me
    Yes I'm using the 450CCA battery with the automotive terminals. I've had it in the car for about three weeks with no issues.

My Cars
    1999 m3 and 740iL
    If you ever want to trade for a non-sunroof coupe let me know, I could use the extra headroom of a sedan.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Oh my, I think I'm in love.. Great build!

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervin36 View Post
    Oh my, I think I'm in love.. Great build!
    Thank you!

At the last Time Attack I had noticed that my clutch was starting to slip. I figured it was only a matter of time since it was already weak and the car had quite a bit more power now. Seeing this as a way to shed some weight I decided to put in a light weight flywheel to shed some pounds in a crucial area, and also put a higher performance clutch in while I was at it to help put the power to the ground.

I had decided to go with the UUC clutch since it uses a factory spec e34 M5 clutch and only weighed 8.5lbs.

While I had everything out I figured it would be a good time to install a new differential. I had picked up a Jim Blanton/Performance Gearing differential with a custom LSD and a 3.73 final drive (stock is a 3.23).

I haven't broken the clutch in, however the engine spins freely now and feels great. Additionally I've only given the car half throttle and it already feels much faster now with the 3.73. All of the engine modifications had killed power under 3.5k rpm making city driving tough. With the new final drive the car feels as though it has low end torque has been restored and then some. This ratio also puts my gearing a good range for all of the local tracks. I haven't had a chance to test the lsd, but simply going around some high speed on ramps the car feels more stable. The only downside is that I no have to cruise around 70mph vs 75-80. 80mph is around 4k rpm and my car already gets bad enough gas mileage. The good news is that I'm less likely to get pulled over!

Here is one more from the last track day.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I hated when going to the track was swapping wheels. It was a pain with the factory wheel bolts and swapping wheels with different offsets and spacers wasn't practical with bolts. I decided to switch to studs, and with the help of Motorsport Hardware I got an awesome set of studs and nuts.

I'm very cautious with anything that deals with suspension, wheels, or brakes. So I made sure to do some homework and was very happy to see that they are TUV approved. After pulling them out of the bag and inspecting them I was very pleased with the quality.

I got bullet nose race studs to make swapping wheels very easy at the track.

I installed them Friday before my weekend at the track, and after that was on my way. I torqued them on Friday night and checked them before every session. It's normal for a bolt or nut to start to loosen a bit between sessions due to the heat. I was happy to see that everything was torqued and didn't move at all.

After that I managed to set a lap time of 1:55.3 at AAA speedway for Redline Time Attack which was good enough for first place in the Enthusiast RWD class.

Last edited by Amir@AvusAutosport; 09-19-2013 at 02:52 PM.

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    Well done sir! The car is coming along nicely, glad to see you take care of her regularly
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    E36 318is track car
    Nice car ! I just started a track car build too with a 318is. I was wondering, should I buy M3 swaybars or bigger one because I know that some people even change their m3 swaybars for bigger one?

Thanks for the help and I'll keep reading your thread as an example !

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthbeam View Post
    Well done sir! The car is coming along nicely, glad to see you take care of her regularly
    Thank you! I try to treat her well haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Peak08 View Post
    Nice car ! I just started a track car build too with a 318is. I was wondering, should I buy M3 swaybars or bigger one because I know that some people even change their m3 swaybars for bigger one?

Thanks for the help and I'll keep reading your thread as an example !
    I would go bigger than the M3 sways if it's for a track car. E36's have a lot of roll, and they seem to respond well when you greatly reduce it.

My Cars
    E36 318is track car
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir@AvusAutosport View Post
    Thank you! I try to treat her well haha.

I would go bigger than the M3 sways if it's for a track car. E36's have a lot of roll, and they seem to respond well when you greatly reduce it.
    Thanks for the info mate!

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Installed some Monoballs over the weekend. Lots of work, but definitely worth it.

Also getting some aero ready for Super Lap Battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Peak08 View Post
    Thanks for the info mate!
    You're welcome

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    sweetness!!! Pulling the rear end out is easy, putting it back in, not soo much, but it seems like you have all the right tools, I on the other hand, had to do mine on jackstands laying flat on my back, lots of fun Good luck man!
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthbeam View Post
    sweetness!!! Pulling the rear end out is easy, putting it back in, not soo much, but it seems like you have all the right tools, I on the other hand, had to do mine on jackstands laying flat on my back, lots of fun Good luck man!
    I'm very fortunate to have the resources I do lol. The whole rear end is out and back within 4-5 hours start to finish haha. Doing it on stands would be rough!

My Cars
    2004 BMW M3
    Loving the build. Where did you source your LTW spoiler and gurney?
    97 Artic E36 ///M
    Triumph Thruxton Cafe Racer
    08 Jet Black E90 ///M x
    03 Jet Black E46 ///M x
    04 Tiag E46 ///M x

My Cars
    E46 M3, ITR
    Nice build! See you at SLB! I know of a couple cars competing in enthusiast class, there will be some stiff competition.
    My Time Attack build:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1799131

Thanks to: Okada Projects, JRZ Suspension, ESS Tuning, Klassen Wheels, Project Mu, AEM.

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Nice build! See you at SLB! I know of a couple cars competing in enthusiast class, there will be some stiff competition.
    Thanks man. I love your e46. I'll be pitted in the garage next to you guys. I look forward to Enthusiast being a tough class. I think I may be underpowered due to the big difference in GTA and RTA rules. I'm sure that overall balance should help me overcome my lack of power.

My Cars
    E46 M3, ITR
    Thanks man. I love your e46. I'll be pitted in the garage next to you guys. I look forward to Enthusiast being a tough class. I think I may be underpowered due to the big difference in GTA and RTA rules. I'm sure that overall balance should help me overcome my lack of power.
    Are you in garage 6? We're in #5.
    My Time Attack build:

Thanks to: Okada Projects, JRZ Suspension, ESS Tuning, Klassen Wheels, Project Mu, AEM.

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Are you in garage 6? We're in #5.
    I just checked and I am in garage 6.
    Last edited by Amir@AvusAutosport; 10-22-2013 at 06:53 PM.

My Cars
    E46 M3, ITR
    I just checked and I am in garage 6.
    Sweet!! Team BMW!!
    My Time Attack build:

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5
    How's the start in 1st with that fly and clutch combo?

GL at the next event!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    98' M3/4/5 - Boston Green / modena
    Forever in process - DD/AutoX/HPDE

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast