Avus Autosport

Thread: Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - August 12th - 16th 2013

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe

Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - August 12th - 16th 2013

I will be back up in San Jose / Norcal / Bay Area doing vinyl wrapping some vinyl wrapping again, between August 12 - August 16, 2013.

Here are links to threads from my last couple of norcal trips:
    1 - http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715929
    2 -http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725796

Just a reminder. E-mail (donathon@gmail.com) me to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. I may have an available time slot one minute and it may be taken the next (this has happened before), so the sooner you can figure out your availability and confirm it with me the better. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

Here are links to pictures of some of the things that I can do, separated a bit to help you view them easier. I am not limited to only what's seen/shown below. So feel free to ask if there is something you don't see but are interested in getting done.

Gloss / matte black roof wraps - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...705158&page=16
    3M Di - Noc / 1080 carbon fiber roof wraps - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...704966&page=13
    Blacked out window trim - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=734930&page=5
    Smoked / tinted tail light pictures - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=705594&page=7

Days that I have available at the moment (I will keep this updated as spots fill up):

Monday - August 12
    Tuesday - August 13
    Wednesday - August 14
    Thursday - August 15
    Friday - August 16

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

My Cars
    E46 325ci & Wide E36
    Don, you happen to do full wraps? I can supply the vinyl if necessary.

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Yes, I do whole car wraps. You supplying the material or me supplying it doesn't make too much of a difference as long as it is 3M.

Here is a more recent car that I did some vinyl work on. I got lucky to work on this really cool brand new factory matte paint CLS63. I did a lot of things to this car that day. Firstly, we decided to go with the matte black around the window trims and rear chrome trunk handle to black it out and tone down the high contrast between that and the paint/rest of the car. Then we went around the car and smoked/tinted out the tail lights, head lights, and lower bumper light pieces. For the rear tail lights, I only tinted the clear portion and left the red portion. This toned the clear portion down a bit but left the red nice and bright to give it a good contrast/pop in the rear, which also matched the other red accents on the car. For the front, I tinted the entire head light and also the lower bumper lights to bring their contrast down and make them in with the lower bumper mesh area.

Before:

Clear portion tinted/smoked

Clear portion untinted/unsmoked

Entire front headlight smoked/tinted, lower bumper light unsmoked/untintinted

Front headlight unsmoked/untinted, lower bumper light smoked/tinted

After, with everything done.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    I worked on this black Bentley GT Continental coupe a while back. He brought his car by to have me black out the chrome window trim on his car. Originally he was going to go with gloss black, but once he got here we decided to go with the matte black to still give the covered pieces some contrast with the rest of the car. Also wrapped the chrome accents that were along the bottom of the car and his door handles. He was around Mission Viejo or so and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    I've been getting a lot of people asking me about matte black vs gloss black and which would be better for their cars. Matte black is usually better on a more aggressive looking car. Most Subarus are able to pull off the matte black look fairly well, even with a relatively more stock-ish car. Either way, here are some pictures of this white Subaru hatchback/wagon that I did the roof with in matte black and also tinted his tails red to unbling the chrome factory tail lights. The owner of this car was from around LA and drove down to me in Orange County.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    The owner of this blue E90 335i sedan originally had his roof painted black and his carbon fiber hood painted gloss black in the center and body color on the sides. However, the condition of the black paint was no longer as nice as it once was when it was originally painted, so he had me vinyl wrap over it. Instead of just going with the gloss black again, he had me use the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material, to change up the look a bit. I ended up just doing the center of the hood in carbon, essentially just covering up the pieces/parts that were painted gloss black. He also originally had his window trim wrapped in gloss black, but the job wasn't that great, so I redid that for him. I believe the owner of this car was from Long Beach and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County. You can see that this material is a lot glossier than the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber vinyl, but you will still never get the depth that real carbon fiber pieces have, since those parts/pieces have a thick gel coat on top of the carbon to provide that look.

You can see that the

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Had some people ask what headlights look like with my tint/smoke film material.

This E wagon had me tint the tail lights and then cut the clear portion out.

I also have a clear yellow film, normally used for fog lights, but the owner of this 350z wanted me to do his headlights with it.

Whole tail light tinted.

Driver/left side tinted, passenger/left side stock -

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Here is a brand new silver Mercedes E63 sedan that I vinyl wrapped both the roof and the chrome window trim + trunk handle on the rear. For the roof, we went with a gloss black vinyl wrap finish to give it a panoramic or gloss black painted look. In addition to the roof, the side roof rails were also wrapped in gloss black, which on this car extends from the bottom of the windshield to the back of the roof. On the window trim, we went with the matte black vinyl wrap finish over the gloss black in this case, to give it a nice contrast and have it blend in with the rubber that's also around the window trim pieces. It makes the window trim pop a bit more versus just completely blending in with the windows, if that makes sense.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Here is a white VW Mk6 that had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl. I wrapped the material around the antenna and did the top rear hatch part as well. The carbon look adds a nice touch to the car. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the work done. I took a picture of the side of the roof where the material end, since people usually ask what it looks like for cars that do not have rails/etc.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Haven't had a chance to update my availability list, but I still have various openings for each of the days, so if you're interested, just shoot me an e-mail and we'll figure something out.

Did the roof of this gray / silver BMW 328i E92 coupe in my gloss black vinyl material. I also vinyl wrapped the chrome / aluminum window trim of this car at the same time, but we went with the matte black finish for that instead of the gloss. The owner of this car was from around Los Angeles / Torrance and drove out to me in Orange County to get the work done. The combination of both the black roof and blacking out the window trim really changed the looks and dynamics of the car quite a bit, even with just those two simple things.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Only up here/available for two more days. I only still have a couple of openings left available.

This car was the very last car that I did during my last trip up in norcal / Bay Area. The owner of this car drove out to me in San Jose from San Francisco. I was almost not able to get to this car, but luckily on my last day up there, I finished all of my other appointments early enough to leave just enough time to do one more car. He decided to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his Alpine White E46 M3 with the gloss black material to give it a factory / panoramic roof look. I think the black roof really makes the red interior pop even more.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

My Cars
    e23, e28, e36
    When is the next time you're coming to the Bay?

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Maybe in a month or two. E-mail me at donathon@gmail.com so I can get your info/contact.