Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mark850 Alpina Hood Available

My Cars
    91 850i-95 850csi- 94 85
    How much are the hoods going for?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbro View Post
    I'll chip in $100 and do the same match.

I am at a loss for words. The best I can do is offer a Greek saying: Irini Pasi, Peace be with you all.

Steve
    Esi Elinas?

My Cars
    BMW Service
    Hi Mark850,

That is horrible about your son. I'm sorry to hear about that. It sounds to me that he is a tough little man and a true fighter. I wish him all the best and I hope things look up for your family here on out.

Regards
    Anri
    - E24 M6 88' Schwartz/Sparco Race Track Toy
    - E24 M6 88' Schwartz/Nature. daily driver
    - E24 M6 88' Royal Blue/Lotus White- Restoration project.
    - E24 M6 88' Zinnoberrot/Natur. daily S38 B35 special engine project...
    - E30 M3 Diamand Schwartz build S14-B2X.
    - E28 M5 Black/Nature M-Technic project
    - E31 '97 840Ci Black/Black CSI complete futures my cruiser soon S62-B50 6spd.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTV4asC3Bp0&t=14s
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyh...yUW-Q/featured
    https://www.instagram.com/euroclassicmotors/

My Cars
    Disco II 850i MERs 750il
    Quote Originally Posted by G8nightman View Post
    How much are the hoods going for?

- - - Updated - - -

Esi Elinas?
    Ohi, enai American. Xero ligo Ellinika. (english spelling of greek is atrocious).

My Cars
    1995 BMW 840Ci
    @Mark, so sorry to hear about your son... I shall keep Marco & your family in my prayers. Since you mention chop, I guess you are close to philly.. I live sw of the city in the 'burbs so please reach out if I can do something for you.
    Take care..

My Cars
    1990 BMW 850. BMW 120D
    @Mark: So sorry to hear about your son. My best wishes for you and your family.

Also great work with the hood - looks amazing.
    "Adversity cause some men to break; others to break records." -William A. Ward

"There" is no better a place than "here." When your "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here."

Mark850 is offline Life begins at 145mph.... Moderator
    My Cars
    91 850i/'67 Nova SS
    Quote Originally Posted by zatman View Post
    @Mark, so sorry to hear about your son... I shall keep Marco & your family in my prayers. Since you mention chop, I guess you are close to philly.. I live sw of the city in the 'burbs so please reach out if I can do something for you. Take care..
    Thanks for all of the well wishes for my son. I'm in the Roxborough / Manayunk area Zatman. I'm actually at the hospital now for a follow up for his vocal chords ( they injected them with a botox type of fluid to close them so he can speak.

As far as the price of the hoods, they were $1450 and now dropped to $1250 + S/H.

@Zatman. I thought CHOP was the best Children's Hosp in the world, and is said to be. My son has spent the better part of 14yrs under this one roof. I can't believe they sent their cardiac patient with a HUGE history home that night in Nov. I forgot to mention, they did give him 2 cans of Gatorade that first night there before they sent us on our way. I can see if they never saw him before, but with his history at CHOP and his Pediatrician being a CHOP Dr. His entire life is in their system. They should've kept Marco that night. I brought him in on Nov 22nd and they didn't get him in the operating room till Dec 3rd!!!! I think if they admitted Marco that night they would've found the infection sooner and been able to treat it without major surgery.In 13yrs, I've seen so many children die. Had a front row seat for many. It's even worse when you get close with the parents.
    Last edited by Mark850; 08-02-2013 at 01:24 PM.

1991 850i,80k miles,Wokke2000 Software,M3 Style Trunk Lip Spoiler,35% Tint,Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors,Limiters Disabled,1.5 inch Drop,AC Schnitzer Lower Front Spoiler,Mark850 design Roof Spoiler,HRE Comp90 Wheels 19x11.5 & 19x9.5, 295/30/19 245/35/19, Dinan Stage 2 Adjustable Sway Bars.

My Cars
    '93 850Ci,'01 X5
    Mark,

Words cannot express my feelings about now. All I know is that no one should go through the tragedy you and your family have been through. As a father myself, if it was me I would seek legal councel against the Hospital just to help with the medical costs. Especially with the knowledge and history of your dear child in their system, they were wrong. It won't help your son out of his present situation, but it could help you recover financially. My prayers will be with your son & your family.

My Cars
    Alpina B7
    So very sad and impossible to imagine what you must be going through right now. My thoughts are with you and your family.

My Cars
    1991 BMW 850i
    @Mark Prayers for your son and family. God will be good to you.

My Cars
    1992 850i
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinbro View Post
    I'll chip in $100 and do the same match.

I am at a loss for words. The best I can do is offer a Greek saying: Irini Pasi, Peace be with you all.

Steve
    I have no words either but I'm in for $100 - where do I send it?

My Cars
    1990 BMW 850i, 1976 Nova
    ditto Jef... i have $100, where can i send it?

very sorry Mark... may the love of family and friends comfort you and your family...

J.
    "...i haven't taken leave of my senses Bob, I've come to them..." -- Ebenezer Scrooge

My Cars
    I miss my E31!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by starship1701a View Post
    I have $100, where can i send it?
    Same here. Prayed for your son last night.

My Cars
    E24 M6, E39, F70
    Steve, Jef and Starship, wonderful offers and I think this is great that with a small idea there is already over 400 pledge. Unless our friend objects, what should be done is the establishment of a beneficial account at his local or a local area bank. They'll need a tax id or ss number. I can look into this in principal locally, it was something I established for a friend who lost his four year old daughter in a fire a decade ago. I do not want to be involved in handling any funds as I professionally should not be handling, and even doing this personally runs afoul of regs, best practices, etc. that I am bound by. But lets make it happen and see it through. I'm very reachable by private message. Office is 401 43three 1100 if anyone wants to discuss anything. And, while this goes without saying to most, the financial burden on Mark must be unbearable. Missing work, less productivity at work, losing job, cost of being at the hospital, parking, food, cell phone, unreimbursed medical and medicine costs, potential legal and other professional fees, nevermind having to part with his treasured 850. Thinking this can also go over to the general interest section of the site or be handled/assisted through social media.

My Cars
    840Ci
    Words can't express my sadness, I too would like go donate $100. Let me know where to send the check.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 840Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark850 View Post
    Thanks for all of the well wishes for my son. I'm in the Roxborough / Manayunk area Zatman.

@Zatman. I thought CHOP was the best Children's Hosp in the world, and is said to be. My son has spent the better part of 14yrs under this one roof. I can't believe they sent their cardiac patient with a HUGE history home that night in Nov. I forgot to mention, they did give him 2 cans of Gatorade that first night there before they sent us on our way. I can see if they never saw him before, but with his history at CHOP and his Pediatrician being a CHOP Dr. His entire life is in their system. They should've kept Marco that night. I brought him in on Nov 22nd and they didn't get him in the operating room till Dec 3rd!!!! I think if they admitted Marco that night they would've found the infection sooner and been able to treat it without major surgery.In 13yrs, I've seen so many children die. Had a front row seat for many. It's even worse when you get close with the parents.
    CHOP does have a good reputation so your experience is troubling... My kids also go to a chop pediatrician and the care has been very good. Fortunately, apart from sports injuries they are healthy but your experience does give us pause.

I related your experience to a couple of cardiologist today and they are equally surprised given the history of the child. Let me know if you want someone else to review although I suspect that you now have the best chop minds working on your son's case. I'll send you a pm with my contact info.
    Take care - I shall pray for Marco.
    Last edited by zatman; 08-03-2013 at 01:14 AM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 840Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcfp1 View Post
    Thinking this can also go over to the general interest section of the site or be handled/assisted through social media.
    A few years back, I joined in a fundraiser organized by a BMW CCA local chapter which was a very well organized 'navigation / clue hunt drive'. It was a great way to combine the love of cars & driving that we have with a fundraising element for a good cause.

Perhaps we could do the same in this eastern pa, MD, NJ, va, DC, area....

My Cars
    1991 850i

group fund for mark850

lets make a group fund to help mark850
    i became father 3 month ago and when i heard about marks son i almost cried
    its a scary situation and nightmare for any family
    i personally dont know mark ...it does not matter actually
    can not imagine his life upside down now , w/o work , constant income , bills
    and his son .
    lets make a list of people who is ready to help , after one of the moderators
    or reputable members collect the funds via paypal and forward it to mark
    WE ALL SPEND THOUSANDS OF $ ON OUR CARS , I AM SURE EVERYONE CAN HELP
    $100 IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE MONEY INVESTED IN OUR CARS
    lets have this fund completed by mid august
    1.jeffcfp1
    2.bruinbro
    3.jeff
    4.starship1701a
    5.ahmed303
    6.tektran
    7.pavrom

My Cars
    E24 M6, E39, F70
    Right on Zatman, Paypal wasn't around when I organized this for my friend's family. It makes it simple and safe. With Mark's email it can be sent right to him.

My Cars
    91 850i/'67 Nova SS
    Quote Originally Posted by zatman View Post
    CHOP does have a good reputation so your experience is troubling... My kids also go to a chop pediatrician and the care has been very good. Fortunately, apart from sports injuries they are healthy but your experience does give us pause.

I related your experience to a couple of cardiologist today and they are equally surprised given the history of the child. Let me know if you want someone else to review although I suspect that you now have the best chop minds working on your son's case. I'll send you a pm with my contact info.
    Take care - I shall pray for Marco.
    My problem isn't with his Dr's.. It's with the Emergency Dept.. When they did admit him, they put him on the respitory floor ( the 8th floor ) after that, they moved him to the 7th floor. Just so you know, cardiac is on the 6th floor. Marco's Dr's are the best in their field. It just took 2 days in the hospital to get him to the right floor.. And if it wasn't for his pediatrician sending him when I followed up with her, I would've found my son dead in his bed within days..

As far as a fund goes, I really appreciate the effort from all, but it isn't really needed, I'll get by somehow, I always do.. The family here I became to know over the years is awesome!! And some of you know that! You're a great group of guys and gals..

Mark

1991 850i,80k miles,Wokke2000 Software,M3 Style Trunk Lip Spoiler,35% Tint,Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors,Limiters Disabled,1.5 inch Drop,AC Schnitzer Lower Front Spoiler,Mark850 design Roof Spoiler,HRE Comp90 Wheels 19x11.5 & 19x9.5, 295/30/19 245/35/19, Dinan Stage 2 Adjustable Sway Bars.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 840Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by pavrom View Post
    lets make a group fund to help mark850 -
    lets have this fund completed by mid august
    1.jeffcfp1
    2.bruinbro
    3.jeff
    4.starship1701a
    5.ahmed303
    6.tektran
    7.pavrom
    8. zatman

My Cars
    1992 850i
    As far as a fund goes, I really appreciate the effort from all, but it isn't really needed, I'll get by somehow, I always do..
    Understood but take it anyway. Pay a bill... buy boring stuff... or something for MrsMark850... or a present for Marco. All we need is an email for Paypal. PM will work if you don't want to broadcast.

My Cars
    91 850i/'67 Nova SS
    Quote Originally Posted by jef View Post
    Understood but take it anyway. Pay a bill... buy boring stuff... or something for MrsMark850... or a present for Marco. All we need is an email for Paypal. PM will work if you don't want to broadcast.
    mt33215@aol.com I have no idea how paypal works, but I just signed up using my personal email.. Thank you everyone.

My Cars
    I miss my E31!!!!!!!!!!
    mt33215@aol.com I have no idea how paypal works, but I just signed up using my personal email.. Thank you everyone.
    Check your e-mail. My oldest son Russell is Marco's age and I know I will be devastated if something like this happened to him.

Take care brother.

My Cars
    1992 850i
    Check your email again.

My Cars
    91 850i/'67 Nova SS
    You guys have tears running down my face!! I've been working 7 days a week for the last few months to try and catch up.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast