Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mark850 Alpina Hood Available

My Cars
    911 + E31
    New custom Alpina hoods like the one that I have fitted on my car are available for purchase.

The hood project was created by Mark850 (one of our Forum Moderators) a while back.

He put lots and lots of R&D, time, $ and sacrifice into the design & creation of this fantastic hood!!

Mark's custom rear roof spoiler is also available.

Please send me a PM if you're interested. You can also send Mark850 a PM but he is very busy these days.

You have all seen photos of my car with this hood!

Cheers,
    Koizumi

And here are some more photos...

And here's the Mark850 Rear Roof Spoiler

Last edited by Koizumi; 08-02-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    1991 BMW 850i
    Why are you letting it go, Koizumi?

My Cars
    911 + E31
    I should clarify my initial post, I'm not letting go of my hood. I'm letting folks know that new hoods are available for sale

GimmieSumMo72 is offline That's my BOY!!! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E60 E31 Past: E38 E36
    Sweet! I just wish i could buy one!
    1991 850i diamantschwarz metallic w/ 2 toned black/light silver grey interior: Mods: 20% Tints, OEM Style 37 rims (Winter), 18" BBS RG-R's Diamond Black (Summer), M3 Style Lip Spoiler, Wokke V2.0 Chips, Magnaflow 14833's, Dinan Performance Transmission Chip, CSi front spoiler, 3000k 35w Fogs, 5000k 55w Lows, Custom Randy/Dinan Suspension, Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Rotors, Goodrich SS Brake Lines

2004 530i schwarz-2: Mods: 20% Tints, Powdercoated Black OEM Style 122's (Winter), LED Fogs & Sidemarkers, Staggared Style 166's, Apexcone 55w 3000k lows, LED 20w Angel Eyes

My Cars
    Alpina B9 Trib, '91 850i
    Mine is beautiful although again, it'll be a while before its installed and painted since my mechanic dances to the beat of his own drums...

My Cars
    1991 BMW 850i
    Gotcha! I will be PMing soon as to cost.

My Cars
    98DiabloSV,850I,CR1490
    Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    I should clarify my initial post, I'm not letting go of my hood. I'm letting folks know that new hoods are available for sale
    Question, I am undecided if I should have the louvers cut. As my car even thought is detailed quite often does get driven in the rain, have you experianced any negatives for having water go into the area under the vents? I would prefer the cooling effect and functional rather than the fagazy effect. If just for looks i might just stay with the original hood. I am pulling the trigger on the rear window spoiler though.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Last edited by 1badzr1; 08-01-2013 at 03:07 PM.

My Cars
    E82, E71, 1996 318ti M
    DO WANT ... Is the NACA duct fully functional, funneling down to cool the intake? And if so, is there a template available for cutting a proper hole in my V8 engine cover?

My Cars
    X5M E70 and E28 525i
    Wonder if at speed does the boundary layer prevent water getting in? If so, I then wonder if it prevents air getting in too, creating a dead air zone. Would be interesting to see blocked vs louvered vent temps on intake.

My Cars
    bmw 850i
    I think it was about 20 degrees difference. I measured that last year around this time when I instaled louvered hood. I was curious about temp difference before and after. My car is black, and during summer engine used to stay hot for more than half a day, although temperature here at summer is about 40 degrees celsius in the air, infra red termometer showed 55 degrees on the parking floor this morning. While driving I can se radiant heat from the louvers through windshield, didn't notice that on normal hood.

My Cars
    98 Euro M3, 04 M3, 06 M5
    a proper intake systemsucks air though the front side grills of the car, the louvers will have no effect on intake temps. they would only keep the engine bay radiant temp down
    Current:

- 09 335i MSport, FBO.
    - 98 Euro M3, Estoril Blue
    - 04 M3, Carbon Black, 6 Speed Coupe
    - 06 M5, Black on Black, Full Leather.
    - 73 3.0CS, Tagia Green, 5 speed M30b35 converted

Ex's: 1984 325e, 1988 325IX, 1992 525I, 1995 540i/6, 2002 330i, 2005 330xi, 1992 850i, 2003 330i #1, 2003 330i #2, 2002 330ci, 2004 330ci, 2007 328CI, 2007 335i, 2001 M3, 2006 M5 6 speed

My Cars
    bmw 850i
    I also took off the heat shields under the car, so that engine 'can breathe' easier.

Mark850 is offline Life begins at 145mph.... Moderator
    My Cars
    91 850i/'67 Nova SS
    Thanks Dave,

Yes, I've been very busy..I've had a major set back with my 14yr old son Marco. My son has been a cardiac patient since birth. He had his first open heart at 2 months of age, his 2nd at 2yrs, and his 3rd at 9yrs.. You wouldn't believe it, unless he took off his shirt.. He was just a normal 13yr old boy at the time of his injury..With his whole history in the hospital I took him to, he's never been anywhere else.

Marco came to me on Thanksgiving morning at 3am with chest pains and shortness of breath. I took him to the hospital ( CHOP ) and they said it was heartburn and sent us home. He came to me the Sunday after Thanksgiving with the same symptoms, and I took him to the hospital once again. They gave him Maloxx and sent us on our way..

Well, Marco had a massive infection in his heart, which ended up with him on the table for 10hrs. They came out 3X and told me he was bleeding badly and it didn't look good.. They took him off of bypass altogether, and stopped all of his bloodflow for 49min, packed him in ice to freeze him so they could finish the surgery.. Marco suffered a massive stroke on the table and now is paralyzed on his R side and his vocal chords are paralyzed open so he can't speak, plus he has severe brain damage in all areas of his brain.

My life has been turned upside down since that day.. He was in the hospital for 5 months, and I was at his side the whole time. I took family leave from work (of course without pay) which ended up with me selling my 850, something I said I'd never do, but with 2 other younger sons I had to pay the bills. My sons medical bills are in the millions without doubt. But I still have Marco. Will he ever be the same? No, he never will be. I cry real tears everyday for him, as I am now.. He's such a good kid, and got a shit deal this time..

Last edited by Mark850; 08-01-2013 at 06:06 PM.

1991 850i,80k miles,Wokke2000 Software,M3 Style Trunk Lip Spoiler,35% Tint,Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors,Limiters Disabled,1.5 inch Drop,AC Schnitzer Lower Front Spoiler,Mark850 design Roof Spoiler,HRE Comp90 Wheels 19x11.5 & 19x9.5, 295/30/19 245/35/19, Dinan Stage 2 Adjustable Sway Bars.

My Cars
    more and more Cars..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark850 View Post
    I cry real tears everyday for him, as I am now..
    Mark, from this moment on I'll save a prayer for Marco each day as I did and do it for my good friend Randy!
    to register your 8 @ www.8coupe.com!

Best regards from good old Germany Harry!

My Cars
    1985 M635
    Mark850,
    I'm so very sorry to hear this devastating news. Please be assured that our hearts and prayers go out to you and all your family a this terrible time for all of you.
    Has any sort of fund been established for Marco to help with the costs ? If so, I am sure there are many of us here on bimmerforums.com that would like to contribute.
    ================
    1985 M635 (gone but not forgotten)
    1994 850CSi (also gone but not forgotten)
    1985 M635 (current obsession)

My Cars
    BMW 850, Alpina B10 Biturbo, Alpina B12 5.0
    +1, I have tears going down my cheeks reading this. My heart aches for you and your family. Please, if there is anything we can do, donations, whatever - let us know. I am more than willing to help out even though we have never spoken. Our children are our everything...

The kids:
    Alpinas: 91 E34 B10 Biturbo; 91 E32 B12 5.0; 91 E34 B10 3.0 Allrad (mom's car); '91 B10 3.5
    Bimmers: 91 E31 850; 93 E34 525i w/ aftermarket turbo; '01 X5 4.4; 93 E31 850i Dinan TT; 89 E32 750il Dinan TT; 92 750il w/ S70 engine and transmission
    Mercedes: 92 600sel; 93 S600 Lorinser
    VW: 04 Jetta GLS TDI

My Cars
    911 + E31
    Mark, you're a great dad & a great man.

I'm lucky to have you as my friend.

Much love to you & yours

My Cars
    911 + E31
    ----

Some more details:

The Naca duct is functional. It fits the 840 and 850 just fine (clears the acoustic cover). It can also be "hooked up" literally to cool the fuel rails thru the acoustic cover--in essence, a true working Naca duct.

The hood clears the StrongStrut bar with no rubbing/problems.

The hood is available without opened up Louvers if you'd like.

Rain doesn't seem to be an issue at all for my car with the opened up Louvers.

I'm not sure of the weight but suffice it to say, it's way less than the stock hood. When/if I find out, I'll post that info here.

The hood struts need to be revalved to approx. 50% if you're using new ones. Or do what I did and reuse your original struts that are somewhat weak with age. The lighter hood works great with old struts.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    ----

Some more details:

The Naca duct is functional. It fits the 840 and 850 just fine (clears the acoustic cover). It can also be "hooked up" literally to cool the fuel rails thru the acoustic cover--in essence, a true working Naca duct.

The hood clears the StrongStrut bar with no rubbing/problems.

The hood is available without opened up Louvers if you'd like.

Rain doesn't seem to be an issue at all for my car with the opened up Louvers.

I'm not sure of the weight but suffice it to say, it's way less than the stock hood. When/if I find out, I'll post that info here.

The hood struts need to be revalved to approx. 50% if you're using new ones. Or do what I did and reuse your original struts that are somewhat weak with age. The lighter hood works great with old struts.
    So you are saying i could have the strong strut and the naca duct at the same time? Some wrote they did not go together

My Cars
    911 + E31
    Hi André, yes you can use the StrongStrut with the hood with Naca duct no problem! It clears just fine. I remember we had many debates about measurements a few years ago. I'm happy to report that everything fits great if you want a StrongStrut fitted on the car. I'm happy I didn't have to remove my beloved black powdercoated StrongStrut
    Last edited by Koizumi; 08-01-2013 at 07:53 PM.

My Cars
    Cool Volvo, Ugly BMW
    Sorry to hear about your son. Prayers are with you and your family.

My Cars
    I miss my E31!!!!!!!!!!
    My God Mark!!! I am so sad hearing this news and will make sure to keep Marco in my prayer. Please let me know if I can do anything for you as I am so close in driving distance from you.

My Cars
    E24 M6, E39, F70
    Mark, I am so sorry to hear this. God bless you, Marco and the rest of your family. There are many strangers like myself that really are not strangers. This is an awesome community of enthusiests and you've given a lot of your time and efforts as a moderator. Thank you. Many who will not write to you will pray for you and your beloved son Marco. Also, many will be willing to chip in to help with costs. Hypothetically a buck a member and you have your car back but also to help your family out with things.

Here's an offer of a $10 match to the first 10 people who pledge $10. Its' not a lot but its 1/10 of the members raising the same amount. Just say you aren't against this and your many friends and many you didn't know you had may hop on this if its of help. Others can do matches like I'm doing.

My Cars
    1991 850i / 6
    Koizumi, I wonder if you would be so kind as to show a few photos of the underside of your hood. Interested to know how you finished it off. Thanks.

My Cars
    Disco II 850i MERs 750il
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcfp1 View Post
    Mark, I am so sorry to hear this. God bless you, Marco and the rest of your family. There are many strangers like myself that really are not strangers. This is an awesome community of enthusiests and you've given a lot of your time and efforts as a moderator. Thank you. Many who will not write to you will pray for you and your beloved son Marco. Also, many will be willing to chip in to help with costs. Hypothetically a buck a member and you have your car back but also to help your family out with things.

Here's an offer of a $10 match to the first 10 people who pledge $10. Its' not a lot but its 1/10 of the members raising the same amount. Just say you aren't against this and your many friends and many you didn't know you had may hop on this if its of help. Others can do matches like I'm doing.
    I'll chip in $100 and do the same match.

I am at a loss for words. The best I can do is offer a Greek saying: Irini Pasi, Peace be with you all.

Steve

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast