View Poll Results: Are you interested in a roots supercharger for you M62/M62TU motor?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Roots SC kit for $4000? Hell yes I interested.

39 52.00%
  • No. Stock power levels are just fine for me.

8 10.67%
  • Maybe. I need more info or equipment and prices.

28 37.33%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Gauging interest for M60/M62/M62TU roots supercharger kit

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    So, this might be a win for the naysayers, but until I take it to my buddy who's gonna give me a second opinion, I'm still on the fence because I'm still seeing the bigger picture in that overall if I can get it to work, then it'll be a setup that I believe that'll be better than a centrifugal. So, with that said, here are the pics and some explainations below as to what I'm seeing as issues and even things I might just address depending on how tonights conversation goes once my buddy and I discuss it.

Below is the list of items I've pointed out to the builder, and while he's agreeing to give me a refund at the moment, it's out of PayPal's hands now, so I could screw myself by sending this back and then getting no refund at all. Sorry the pics are so random and I don't have an explanation below each pic, but for the sake of discussion, you'll just have to look at the pics and figure it out for yourself

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/m5ja...02797478153332

- The bottom of his mounting kit isn't exactly the most well made, but I'm sure w/ a little Dremel work it'd clean up.
    - Inside of the mounting kit is terrible. Welding slag everywhere, it's dirty and the opening from the mounting kit going into the internal intercooler is smaller than the outlet for the SC itself. On top of that the internal intercooler isn't even sealed to the mounting kit, so the air being forced out of the supercharger will go everywhere...around, through, etc the internal intercooler. There's also a nipple between two lines coming from the intercooler that's hand threaded in and sealed w/ an o-ring instead of thread tape.
    - He claims to rebuild the supercharger, but instead he just cleaned it (halfass mind you) and then paint EVERYTHING black. What blew my mind the most is that he painted the damn rotors!!! I've used these superchargers, seen countless mods on the forums, etc. The standard rebuild is to gut them of bearings, oil and seals, install all new and sometimes even strip the teflon coating off the rotors because it eventually flakes off. He painted over the damn things...blows my mind.
    - The seal between the supercharger and mounting kit is a factory gasket, but then he lathered it in black silicone to assist w/ plugging the 6 mounting holes he uses to secure the supercharger to the mounting kit.
    - I don't understand why he'd change it or modify it, but the rod between the vacuum diaphragm for the boost wastegate is a goofy sheet of metal he tack welded, which is too long, therefore it hits during movement. Also the inside of the valve itself is caked w/ oil, which is another sign he didn't rebuild it.
    - The gaskets that get used between the throttle body, cover plate over the intercooler to the mounting kit and between the mounting kit and the heads look like they were cut by a 5yr old w/ a butter knife...no straight edges, symetrical or even the same shape as the inlet runners.
    - For some reason I've got 3 intercoolers. One came installed inside the supercharger assembly itself between the mounting kit and the top plate, a front mount but then I've got this extra black one that looks like a heater core. He included an intercooler pump and resevoir (X5 engine bay seems to have no room for it, yet he drives an X5), which he says he threw in for free, but failed to mention they're fresh from a junkyard...rust residue in the resevoir and all.
    - Fuel rails snap onto the side of the kit are made of nothing more than copper line, then I've got two random pieces of copper in the shape of an S that I've got no clue how they'd be used.
    - The fiberglass plenum he made is nice and all, but it's completely hand made and shows it....uneven runner diameters, dust, the inlet where the air filter would go isn't even round. The outlet where it feeds into the TB has two odd, very sharp edges which seems they'd just create a ton of turbulence.

In hindsight I should have went w/ the Stage 1 setup that uses a proven Jaguar XJR setup in that it'll have less custom parts (aka chance for errors) and really only needed adapter plates and fueling, but push is coming to shove and I've contacted Paypal because I want a refund. He's angrily agreed but I'm worried if I sent it back to him w/o PayPal support (I'm past their 45 day window) that I could just send it back and he'd keep it and my money.

Overall I still want to do the Eaton supercharger, but instead via ordering my own parts...buy the supercharger and included intercoolers and plenum on eBay for $900, have it shipped directly to my buddy who'll port and rebuilt it for $300, contract a local shop to make the adapters from the stock Jaguar intercoolers onto our heads (basically this guys Stage I kit) I'm guessing for $200-$400 and then document the hell outta his design so that I can buy the parts (rubber and stainless hoses, FPR, fuel cut defender, etc) for around $1000 and duplicate it myself. I'm clearly not going to get this going for Bimmerfest, which is a HUGE disappointment, but this kit has turned out to be the same as well. I had such high hopes, considering how long he took to make it I'd expected much better and that I'd only be fixing tuning...that's not the case. I'm still going to let my friend look at it and see what we can do before I make a final decision, but in the meantime I'm leaning very strongly to just making it myself after the fact.

Flamesuit on...
    Last edited by m5james; 04-11-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    PERFORMANCE:JB4 w/ meth, stage 2 tune, wrapped downpipes, custom intake
    INTERIOR:AVIN 10.25" screen, Blackvue 550 dashcam, 7" tablet for JB4 logging
    EXTERIOR:Niche staggered 20's or AC Forged staggered 22's, H&R 2" suspension, LED AE, CF front splitter
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    PERFORMANCE:///M5 6spd swap, iron sleeves, L/W Teflon coated & silicone impregnated pistons, Sealed Power rings, 3 angle valvejob, P&P head, perf cams, electric fan, CF intake tube w/aluminium heatshield/wrapped MAF tubing, Magnaflow 14816'd, Eaton M112 in-work
    INTERIOR:Android Dynavin, hardwired V1 above rearview, 12" RE Audio DVC sub, MTX 81000D monoblock, CF silver trim, 5% tint
    EXTERIOR:///MPar staggered 19's, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, custom notched bumper, Shadowline trim, 750iL brakes w/ Axxis pads
    190hp 97 328ci
    PERFORMANCE:Single mass flywheel, ///M3 clutch
    EXTERIOR:Z4///M staggered 18's, rolled fenders, tinted markers

My Cars
    Suck
    Quote Originally Posted by m5james View Post
    So, this might be a win for the naysayers, but until I take it to my buddy who's gonna give me a second opinion, I'm still on the fence because I'm still seeing the bigger picture in that overall if I can get it to work, then it'll be a setup that I believe that'll be better than a centrifugal. So, with that said, here are the pics and some explainations below as to what I'm seeing as issues and even things I might just address depending on how tonights conversation goes once my buddy and I discuss it.

Below is the list of items I've pointed out to the builder, and while he's agreeing to give me a refund at the moment, it's out of PayPal's hands now, so I could screw myself by sending this back and then getting no refund at all. Sorry the pics are so random and I don't have an explanation below each pic, but for the sake of discussion, you'll just have to look at the pics and figure it out for yourself.

2014 BMW M62 M112 Photos by m5james | Photobucket

- The bottom of his mounting kit isn't exactly the most well made, but I'm sure w/ a little Dremel work it'd clean up.
    - Inside of the mounting kit is terrible. Welding slag everywhere, it's dirty and the opening from the mounting kit going into the internal intercooler is smaller than the outlet for the SC itself. On top of that the internal intercooler isn't even sealed to the mounting kit, so the air being forced out of the supercharger will go everywhere...around, through, etc the internal intercooler. There's also a nipple between two lines coming from the intercooler that's hand threaded in and sealed w/ an o-ring instead of thread tape.
    - He claims to rebuild the supercharger, but instead he just cleaned it (halfass mind you) and then paint EVERYTHING black. What blew my mind the most is that he painted the damn rotors!!! I've used these superchargers, seen countless mods on the forums, etc. The standard rebuild is to gut them of bearings, oil and seals, install all new and sometimes even strip the teflon coating off the rotors because it eventually flakes off. He painted over the damn things...blows my mind.
    - The seal between the supercharger and mounting kit is a factory gasket, but then he lathered it in black silicone to assist w/ plugging the 6 mounting holes he uses to secure the supercharger to the mounting kit.
    - I don't understand why he'd change it or modify it, but the rod between the vacuum diaphragm for the boost wastegate is a goofy sheet of metal he tack welded, which is too long, therefore it hits during movement. Also the inside of the valve itself is caked w/ oil, which is another sign he didn't rebuild it.
    - The gaskets that get used between the throttle body, cover plate over the intercooler to the mounting kit and between the mounting kit and the heads look like they were cut by a 5yr old w/ a butter knife...no straight edges, symetrical or even the same shape as the inlet runners.
    - For some reason I've got 3 intercoolers. One came installed inside the supercharger assembly itself between the mounting kit and the top plate, a front mount but then I've got this extra black one that looks like a heater core. He included an intercooler pump and resevoir (X5 engine bay seems to have no room for it, yet he drives an X5), which he says he threw in for free, but failed to mention they're fresh from a junkyard...rust residue in the resevoir and all.
    - Fuel rails snap onto the side of the kit are made of nothing more than copper line, then I've got two random pieces of copper in the shape of an S that I've got no clue how they'd be used.
    - The fiberglass plenum he made is nice and all, but it's completely hand made and shows it....uneven runner diameters, dust, the inlet where the air filter would go isn't even round. The outlet where it feeds into the TB has two odd, very sharp edges which seems they'd just create a ton of turbulence.

In hindsight I should have went w/ the Stage 1 setup that uses a proven Jaguar XJR setup in that it'll have less custom parts (aka chance for errors) and really only needed adapter plates and fueling, but push is coming to shove and I've contacted Paypal because I want a refund. He's angrily agreed but I'm worried if I sent it back to him w/o PayPal support (I'm past their 45 day window) that I could just send it back and he'd keep it and my money.

Overall I still want to do the Eaton supercharger, but instead via ordering my own parts...buy the supercharger and included intercoolers and plenum on eBay for $900, have it shipped directly to my buddy who'll port and rebuilt it for $300, contract a local shop to make the adapters from the stock Jaguar intercoolers onto our heads (basically this guys Stage I kit) I'm guessing for $200-$400 and then document the hell outta his design so that I can buy the parts (rubber and stainless hoses, FPR, fuel cut defender, etc) for around $1000 and duplicate it myself. I'm clearly not going to get this going for Bimmerfest, which is a HUGE disappointment, but this kit has turned out to be the same as well. I had such high hopes, considering how long he took to make it I'd expected much better and that I'd only be fixing tuning...that's not the case. I'm still going to let my friend look at it and see what we can do before I make a final decision, but in the meantime I'm leaning very strongly to just making it myself after the fact.

Flamesuit on...
    No comment until you fix the link to the pics. I'll check in on your e38 sub thread.

Go ahead and bite. Plenty for everyone.

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    EXTERIOR:Niche staggered 20's or AC Forged staggered 22's, H&R 2" suspension, LED AE, CF front splitter
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    PERFORMANCE:///M5 6spd swap, iron sleeves, L/W Teflon coated & silicone impregnated pistons, Sealed Power rings, 3 angle valvejob, P&P head, perf cams, electric fan, CF intake tube w/aluminium heatshield/wrapped MAF tubing, Magnaflow 14816'd, Eaton M112 in-work
    INTERIOR:Android Dynavin, hardwired V1 above rearview, 12" RE Audio DVC sub, MTX 81000D monoblock, CF silver trim, 5% tint
    EXTERIOR:///MPar staggered 19's, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, custom notched bumper, Shadowline trim, 750iL brakes w/ Axxis pads
    190hp 97 328ci

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Holy frikkin crap.

First of all 100 internet points to you James for being 100% straight up about this. You always said you would, and you are as good as your word, and kudos for that. A lot of guys would make excuses or disappear on the interweb but you always said you were ready for whatever came and were gonna just roll the dice and let us know what happens and show us all that came, and you immediately did right away. Well done sir, i would buy you a beer anytime. Nobody should give you one bit of crap.

On to the kit. UNBELIEVABLE. Wow. Highlighted favorites:
    - the wastegate link. Ha!
    - silver spraypainted copper pipe for fuel injectors?!?! Ha!
    - horrible welding and fabrication! I can do way better than that and i consider me to suck! Just significantly worse than i even thought the worst case would be.
    - the bootleg Alpina badge as the whipped cream on top. Ha!

Obviously he dragged this out until the PayPal expired... Good luck and hope you get resolution...

I do see what you're saying about using his general concept and trying to redo it well but frankly i think a good tuning engineer starting blank page would likely come up with better... I suspect in addition to the crazy stuff we see here, there's probably a whole 2nd level of flaws youd find when you really installed it (like heat control and contact / vibration issues etc). I would rather pick up with a couple of the other stalled design efforts that we have seen and see if you cant push one of those along. This guy doesnt give us much to learn from.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    Suck
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    Obviously he dragged this out until the PayPal expired... Good luck and hope you get resolution...
    Yeah, I made mention of that quite a while ago, before it would have become an issue. Sadly, it has. This really sucks.

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Quote Originally Posted by Binjammin View Post
    Yeah, I made mention of that quite a while ago, before it would have become an issue. Sadly, it has. This really sucks.
    Ironically I had contacted PayPal because I stopped hearing from him, but come to find out I was a week shy of their 45 days deadline. I was under the impression from a sentence I saw that I had 6 months, but that was for felony theft things, stealing credit cards and charging them after the fact, etc. I've been posting more on the other thread, but I'm still working on it.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ger-kits/page6
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's
    Sorry, been a while since ive seen this thread, i work nonstop now...

Is this still just concept or up and running?

Current cost estimate? HP/TQ projection or figures?
    1995 540i /6 speed, Black on black, VF m62 S/C kit v3 6psi - Cold air intake/ SSSquid Tune/racing exhuast, Vortech 8:1 RRFPR ,545 SSK /3.15 with LSD / rev-shift motor mounts/stage 4, 6 puck clutch/ K Sport coil overs / suede sparco 368 steering wheel, Recaro seats, N2O, M/T drag slicks
    "Skill can only get you so far, then comes money!"
    R . I . P Paul Walker - 1973 - 2013

My Cars
    E34 M5

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Quote Originally Posted by imae30driver View Post
    Sorry, been a while since ive seen this thread, i work nonstop now...

Is this still just concept or up and running?

Current cost estimate? HP/TQ projection or figures?
    75+hrs a week at Boeing, so you and I both, yet I've still got time to read before asking questions that have been answered, and even reply to what happened with this kit.

- - - Updated - - -

While this does nothing for my confidance, he sent me a link (in the middle of our arguements about me wanting a refund no less) to a vague video of the Stage 6 idling and rev'ing on his car...still no dyno results, driving videos, racing against a stock 540 for comparison, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ceIGjb_gfs

I can only assume he's assembled his kit better than mine, but even then, I still wish I would have gotten the Stage 1 at this point just because 95% of the kit is stock, proven Jaguar parts. Now I just need to get my refund so that I can just make it myself.
    Last edited by m5james; 04-12-2014 at 05:56 AM.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    1994 E34 530i
    Sorry to hear all the issues your having with the kit, I have been looking at the site and his setups for a while but, I was trying to find anybody that has bought the setup and had any dyno results.

I was really hoping this was a legit setup for our cars, it would be a good alternative instead of the centrifical setups I've done looked at. Good luck getting it straighten out and hope you get your money back

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's
    75+hrs a week at Boeing, so you and I both, yet I've still got time to read before asking questions that have been answered, and even reply to what happened with this kit.

- - - Updated - - -

While this does nothing for my confidance, he sent me a link (in the middle of our arguements about me wanting a refund no less) to a vague video of the Stage 6 idling and rev'ing on his car...still no dyno results, driving videos, racing against a stock 540 for comparison, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ceIGjb_gfs

I can only assume he's assembled his kit better than mine, but even then, I still wish I would have gotten the Stage 1 at this point just because 95% of the kit is stock, proven Jaguar parts. Now I just need to get my refund so that I can just make it myself.

Sorry, i started to read back and after a bit i just have up to tired...
    MU thought this was the GM S/c not the jag supercharger?

The 4.0 jag s/c in my mi d seemed the easier option based soley on unproven thought.. Being a more simular motor IMO
    1995 540i /6 speed, Black on black, VF m62 S/C kit v3 6psi - Cold air intake/ SSSquid Tune/racing exhuast, Vortech 8:1 RRFPR ,545 SSK /3.15 with LSD / rev-shift motor mounts/stage 4, 6 puck clutch/ K Sport coil overs / suede sparco 368 steering wheel, Recaro seats, N2O, M/T drag slicks

My Cars
    e34 540 e30 335
    Why do you think this will be better than a centrifugal? Roots blowers are the least efficient blowers out there and are popular only because they are comparatively cheap compared to the alternatives,
    E30 1992 335 Cabriolet - Transplant nearly finished
    E31 1992 850ci - Hartge H8 6.0 conversion
    E34 1995 540A - Stock, low mileage, hi spec and soon to FI'd
    E36 1994 M3 - GM LS3 Transplant
    E38 2001 735 - Daily driver
    E46 2002 330 Cab - Stock
    M62B46 with TTV flywheel, dual plate clutch and 6 speed box sitting in a corner waiting for me to decide where to put it.

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamoda View Post
    Why do you think this will be better than a centrifugal? Roots blowers are the least efficient blowers out there and are popular only because they are comparatively cheap compared to the alternatives,
    Yikes don't start that again. Too many guys read on the innerwebz that centrifiguals are slow to spool and based purely on internetting in their mom's basement exaggerate the facts to the point of "a centri makes zero power until redline, while a roots or twin screw makes more torque from idle than a John Deere combine". Looking at actual dynos doesn't seem to be of interest when the argument comes up.

The truth of course is there might be a noticeable difference and roots while being inefficient do produce a bit more early on, but the difference is far more minor / subtle than innerwebz pretends... but it's just like the stancers insisting that by slamming their car down an extra 3/4" it handles 1000x better... facts, subtley and nuance is not a strength of internet dialog - it's always going to be X is great and Y sucks.

BTW not crapping on the idea of a roots or twin-screw (note I owned an Eaton blower build for years... ), personally I WOULD like to see a tidy valley-mounted twin screw and would be interested in buying one if I didn't have a centri kit in the basement already... Just agreeing that the popular mythology is distorted from reality which is far less of a big deal than people think. Typical innerwebz.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's
    ROFL!

You call Kenne Bell and say that... See what happens...

or go up against any KB owner and see for your self...
    I can not vouch for all makes, but KB's are some of if not the best blowers in the world.
    positive displacement twin screws make mad power bro, and TQ figures and bands a BMW owner will never even comprehend..

ive had one, and omfg you are way off with that statement..

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Emailed more w/ the seller lastnight and we came to an agreement that he'll give me half a refund once he gets a tracking number, then the other half once he receives the kit. I'm still going to wait until Monday to talk to my bank and eBay/Paypal to see about how I go about protecting myself for fear of giving him a tracking number, my supercharger is sitting on some plane and then the guy disappears on me.

Ultimately I'd rather order this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/151139486435...ht_2560wt_1362, have it send directly to my buddy who'd port match and polish everything from the SC to the factory inlets and plenum, but that's really going to come down to how the refund all pans out. My buddy used an awesome shop, http://speedfactoryracing.net/, about an hour away for custom intercooler work on his Vortech unit that he's installing on his E34 540 w/ an M62 swap, so I'd probably have them make adapters and then just backwards engineer the eBay guys kit.

I had my buddy take a look at the kit today with me and we discussed what'd we'd do if push comes to shove and I'm forced to keep it...send the supercharger out for rebuild and porting for $300, how I'd Dremel the topside of the mounting kit to clean up the slag, open the port to have it match the outlet of the SC and seal the interal intercooler within and then open the square ports where the injectors go to more closely have them match the ovaled ports on our heads.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    e34 540 e30 335
    ROFL!

You call Kenne Bell and say that... See what happens...

or go up against any KB owner and see for your self...
    I can not vouch for all makes, but KB's are some of if not the best blowers in the world.
    positive displacement twin screws make mad power bro, and TQ figures and bands a BMW owner will never even comprehend..

ive had one, and omfg you are way off with that statement..
    KB blowers are twin screw not roots type, you sure you know the difference?
    E30 1992 335 Cabriolet - Transplant nearly finished
    E31 1992 850ci - Hartge H8 6.0 conversion
    E34 1995 540A - Stock, low mileage, hi spec and soon to FI'd
    E36 1994 M3 - GM LS3 Transplant
    E38 2001 735 - Daily driver
    E46 2002 330 Cab - Stock
    M62B46 with TTV flywheel, dual plate clutch and 6 speed box sitting in a corner waiting for me to decide where to put it.

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Someone decided to join the forums in an attempt to justify his kit - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...9#post27525209
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    KB blowers are twin screw not roots type, you sure you know the difference?
    Exactly. But he made my point so well - i couldnt have made up "mad power that no BMW owner can imagine!!!!" If i tried.

Like i said. Internet fanboiz. X is fullballz awesome. Y sucks ass. No room for reality facts.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's
    I did not put any type of FI down, only spoke of my experiance with my KB vs my N/A BMW power band...

All the time vs all at the top. I like all S/C's Roots are bad ass, twins are amazing and equally cool.
    pro chargers are flipping fantasic... X, Y & Z i love... Centeifugal are nice also.. Just the norm, for many reasons im sure

My Cars
    Suck
    Emailed more w/ the seller lastnight and we came to an agreement that he'll give me half a refund once he gets a tracking number, then the other half once he receives the kit. I'm still going to wait until Monday to talk to my bank and eBay/Paypal to see about how I go about protecting myself for fear of giving him a tracking number, my supercharger is sitting on some plane and then the guy disappears on me.

Ultimately I'd rather order this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/151139486435...ht_2560wt_1362, have it send directly to my buddy who'd port match and polish everything from the SC to the factory inlets and plenum, but that's really going to come down to how the refund all pans out. My buddy used an awesome shop, http://speedfactoryracing.net/, about an hour away for custom intercooler work on his Vortech unit that he's installing on his E34 540 w/ an M62 swap, so I'd probably have them make adapters and then just backwards engineer the eBay guys kit.

I had my buddy take a look at the kit today with me and we discussed what'd we'd do if push comes to shove and I'm forced to keep it...send the supercharger out for rebuild and porting for $300, how I'd Dremel the topside of the mounting kit to clean up the slag, open the port to have it match the outlet of the SC and seal the interal intercooler within and then open the square ports where the injectors go to more closely have them match the ovaled ports on our heads.
    If it helps you make the decision, looking at the pics of the mounting kit with all the slag? I don't think he really did even that nice of a job welding, I think he smeared some kind of epoxy over his welds or something. I think if you start grinding to remove slag you'll find that out in a hurry.

My Cars
    ///M5
    Personally I'd like a roots blower. I think they look cooler and take up less space in the engine bay (with regards to the centrifugal unit necessitating the relocation of some items and general less space).

But a blower is a blower. I'd just like someone to make an affordable and reliable blower kit. I don't care which style it is.
    Current
    2005 E55 AMG
    1998 Silverado K1500
    1964 Impala
    ​1964 Chevelle 496ci

Past

2000 Avus M5
    1988 Suburban K1500
    1987 Suburban K2500
    2007 Suburban
    1999 K2500 Suburban
    2000 MGM
    1999 K2500 Suburban
    2001 Stratus 740i Msport
    1990 750iL
    1995 540i/6
    1996 MGM

My Cars
    E92 M3, 970TT
    I guess the definition of affordable is different for different people. I think ~$5k is reasonable considering the cost of the individual components and the r&d.... The problem is more with power potential. $5k gets you to an ok power level, doesn't make the car any sort of speed demon by any means. To get to a level where the car is making "throw you in the seat" power you'll basically have to at least double that.
    991 | 964 | G55 | D90 | LX570 |

Past: SC'd e34 540/6, CSL'd E46 M3, E36 M3/4/5, E36 M3 turbo, E36 M3, 335D, Porsche 951, 80 Series LC, Kleeman E55 Wagon, LX470, 970 Panamera TT, E92 M3

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's
    Well if you want 400-450~ BHP you can have that for 500-1000$ like i did...

But im wanting more like 600~ BHP and yes... Its gonna cost me.... But i think 5,000~$ should about get me there.
    spray plus boost is nuts... Shot values tend to double and the cooling affect is of huge benefit...

yet ive also considered just abandoning the whole car and getting a 250cc shifter cart with the money...
    Or have both idk.. ATM im just building funds for what evers next.
    Last edited by imae30driver; 04-13-2014 at 10:23 AM.

My Cars
    ///M5
    Well if you want 400-450~ BHP you can have that for 500-1000$ like i did...

But im wanting more like 600~ BHP and yes... Its gonna cost me.... But i think 5,000~$ should about get me there.
    spray plus boost is nuts... Shot values tend to double and the cooling affect is of huge benefit...

yet ive also considered just abandoning the whole car and getting a 250cc shifter cart with the money...
    Or have both idk.. ATM im just building funds for what evers next.
    Please tell me how you got 450bhp for $1,000.
    Current
    2005 E55 AMG
    1998 Silverado K1500
    1964 Impala
    ​1964 Chevelle 496ci

Past

2000 Avus M5
    1988 Suburban K1500
    1987 Suburban K2500
    2007 Suburban
    1999 K2500 Suburban
    2000 MGM
    1999 K2500 Suburban
    2001 Stratus 740i Msport
    1990 750iL
    1995 540i/6
    1996 MGM

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonator134 View Post
    Please tell me how you got 450bhp for $1,000.
    Read below... Nitrous express wet kit...

I run 100-150 shot... So roughly 400-450BHP...Plus a few other light mods do help..
    Im about 600$ in it, have had a pro help me. And have 2 bottles, a bottle heater, guage in the glove box ect ect.

my guy did J lenno's cars also...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast