Thread: 2010 BMW 528i xdrive-Pass. restraint system'

My Cars
    2010 bmw 528 i xdrive

2010 BMW 528i xdrive-Pass. restraint system'

Yesterday, I have given my car for tinting to a local shop, after they tinted the car, I started my car and I am getting the below warning about the "Pass Restraint System".

When I asked the guy who did the tinting, he said he didn't touch the airbags or he didn't even know about it.

I don;t know how what I need to do with, As my factory warranty got expired last month I don't know how muuch does it cost me?.

I have the CPO warranty, but not sure certified warranty does cover this???.

could you please let me know if you come across these kind of error before/? how much does it cost me to fix this error?.

Please help me out.

I really appreciate your help on this.

From searching, I've seen the following:

- Battery Low
    - Cable problem to battery - there are two possible cables that could be the issue
    - Seat belt sensor
    - some sort of mat sensor or something?

I've read this is a common problem - but those all seem to be for older models. Mine is a 2010.

When this occurred there was no one in the passenger seat.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 525
    There are a couple things that go bad in that model. Atleast get the faults read out so you know what component to check and/or replace.

My Cars
    '04 325i, '01 525iT
    Did you have anything sitting on the seat? My wife got the same message a few months ago when she had her purse on the front seat. She keeps it on the floor now and it hasn't happened since then.
    Last edited by bschmidt25; 07-27-2013 at 05:06 PM.