Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: BMW compatible stereo

My Cars
    2004 330CI

BMW compatible stereo

Hi,
    I have been told that i must have a compatible radio for my BMW, if not my on board computer will not work properly.
    Where can i buy a compatible BMW radio double din. 2004 330 CI convertible

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    Hi, can you provide less information

thanks
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

My Cars
    2002 325ci coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel813 View Post
    Hi,
    I have been told that i must have a compatible radio for my BMW, if not my on board computer will not work properly.
    Where can i buy a compatible BMW radio double din. 2004 330 CI convertible
    ebay,or aliexpress,try google you should come up with a thousand or so hits

My Cars
    2004 330CI
    Thanks, but how will I know what radio is compatible. Or can I just buiy any???[
    QUOTE=asdetail;26636300]ebay,or aliexpress,try google you should come up with a thousand or so hits[/QUOTE]

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    "I have been told that i must have a compatible radio for my BMW, if not my on board computer will not work properly." That's BS. The oem head unit has no interaction with the on-board computer.

Stereoinstaller1 is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    All of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel813 View Post
    Hi,

Who told you that? I hope it was not a professional, that is complete BS

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398
    Thanks for 10 years of fun!

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330ci convtbl
    i Just Bought a 2004 BMW 330CI convertible and it has the navigation and DVD and the Harman/Kardon system and i want to replace it. what is the best aftermarket option with bluetooth and phone?

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi dbrady,

There is no 'best' solution as different owners have different opinions on what's best.

Seeing as you want to replace the oem equipment, I'd say the best value for money Vs performance and audio quality gain, reliability, the latest technology & features, ease of fitting, local support and after sales care if you need it is to go with a double DIN shallow depth head unit from a recognised and reputable brand like Kenwood, Sony, Alpine, Pioneer, Parrot, JVC and partner it with a small footprint 5 channel amplifier and then upgraded component speakers for the front of the cabin, some co-axials for the rear of the cabin and then a 8/10/12 inch suibwoofer in a small custom enclosure that then plays through the ski hatch in the rear seat upright.

Those high quality brands head units will have excellent performance for Bluetooth mobile phone calls and Audio streaming.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330ci convtbl
    Dennis,

any idea on cost of this?

My Cars
    95 E36 328i, 11 E82 135i
    Depends on what you want for your head unit. If you want something that will play good quality music and has bluetooth compatibility, go to any old car audio place and they will sort you out. If you want that plus Android Auto or Apple Car Play, plus digital radio etc - Alpine do a 'perfect fit kit' for the E46 for their iLX-702D. Was looking at one the other day for my 135i. Looks OEM and adds a bunch of modern features to your car.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Your first step is to determine how much you can spend. Then figure out what you want to do. That is, do you want to merely replace the head unit, or are you going to do a full revamp. There are many great head units on the market. My advice is to buy a high quality brand that’s known for reliability made by a company that backs its products. I consider Alpine to be among the best, but Pioneer and Sony are excellent choices, also.