Thread: Question about stock shocks/struts....

My Cars
    Byzanz M3/4/6

Question about stock shocks/struts....

I have some 95 M3 shocks/struts/springs I was going to sell to another board member for cheap, but I don't want to sell something bad and I was wondering how hard it should be to compress stock shocks/struts and how quickly they should rebound if they still have some life left in them?
    They are solid and it does take quite some weight to compress them but they slowly rebound, does that sound about right for pieces with a few years of use on stock springs?
    Byzanz on black M3/4/6

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Shocks and struts dampen according to the speed of compression.
    bv=-Fx is ideal I think. Meaning the shocks dampening is equal to the spring tension and opposed to each other.

Rebound is mostly due to springs so off the car it's difficult to tell unless the rears were like mine with no resistance at all to speak of.
    I could compress mine with my fingers, but the harder I pushed the more resistance I felt. Not enough to warrant leaving them in though.

My Cars
    Ya, sounds right to me. If they were blown they wouldn't rebound at all if they were compressed. Slow rebounding is normal from my experience.

Hope that helps
    -Alex
    "Are you drunk again?"
    "No, I'm just exhausted because I've been up all night drinking."

My Cars
    Byzanz M3/4/6
    Thanks guys, wanted to make sure I wasn't selling shit, even if it was cheap shit.
    Byzanz on black M3/4/6