Thread: E36 M3 Dinan Supercharger Kit - COMPLETE - Vortech V2 T-Trim - 10psi CARB LEGAL

My Cars
    are cool

E36 M3 Dinan Supercharger Kit - COMPLETE - Vortech V2 T-Trim - 10psi CARB LEGAL

Sold.
    Last edited by nate325; 07-18-2013 at 11:50 PM.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Your advertisement seems misleading to me. You do not have a CARB legal 10 psi kit. You have the stage 1 kit rated at 6-7 psi though you are running a small blower pulley to raise the boost. The stage 2 kit that can safely run 10 psi requires larger injectors and larger HFM and intercooler and new tune. Larger injectors and HFM and new tune will cost about $1200. An RMS water/air intercooler kit will cost about $1800. A 6.00 inch diameter crank pulley to raise the boost without slippage will cost about $400. But yes, the CARB sticker for your stage 1 kit could probably pass muster if someone invested another $3500 to turn it into a stage 2 kit.

My Cars
    supercharged 97 m3
    It looks very clean, but I tend to agree that it's a bit misleading.

There is no 10psi system for the E36 from Dinan.

The sticker is the same for the ISR3, the base supercharger system on the E36 and the upgraded 4.0 FPR, intake and euro MAF...

It is a complete DINAN supercharger kit, and will make somebody happy...but it's not the kit used in their intercooled ISR3...
    Insufficient funds...

My Cars
    1998 e36 m3 SC
    Damn Brett where do you pull all this stuff out off.. Wish You were able to sell me that T trim :/ ... Kit looks solid and DEFINITELY has alot of potential. GLWS

My Cars
    are cool
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    Your advertisement seems misleading to me. You do not have a CARB legal 10 psi kit. You have the stage 1 kit rated at 6-7 psi though you are running a small blower pulley to raise the boost. The stage 2 kit that can safely run 10 psi requires larger injectors and larger HFM and intercooler and new tune. Larger injectors and HFM and new tune will cost about $1200. An RMS water/air intercooler kit will cost about $1800. A 6.00 inch diameter crank pulley to raise the boost without slippage will cost about $400. But yes, the CARB sticker for your stage 1 kit could probably pass muster if someone invested another $3500 to turn it into a stage 2 kit.
    Philip, you know I have a ton of respect for you, but I have spent numerous hours on the phone calling Dinan when I first bought this kit and I have IN FACT confirmed it is their 10psi offering. Some of the parts have changed, yes, and no the Dinan 5.5" crank pulley is not necessary to hit the 10psi level. Dinan uses their standard #28.8 injectors + an upgraded 4bar fpr for fueling at 10psi. The stage 1 uses the standard 3.5bar FPR. This is straight from the mouth of Dan @ Dinan who confirmed what I had with the ECU VIN number and instructed me on what parts I was missing. I never said I bought everything 100% intact from Dinan.

Now, it's possible this is just something Dinan tuned and Dan passed of on me as something they offered. But I'm not sitting here making up some huge lie that I called Dan and was told to buy said parts to fit the components that matched the VIN he had on file. In my first calls to him he absolutely denied the existence of any other kit than the stage 1 and had no clue why the stage 1 belt sizing wouldn't fit. Only after giving him the VIN number did he say I had a 10psi kit and knew it was aftercooled. It's only because of him that I bought the 4bar FPR and it's only because of him that I found out I had a 10psi pulley setup requiring the 532 belt.

VIN: EY81034 which is a 12/98 E36 M3 Coupe

The car the kit ORIGINALLY came off of. I bought it from Marcello all boxed up and missing many parts.

I'm going to call Dan again on Monday and do this all over again 3 years later. At the time, I was just happy he was helping with what parts I needed to resolve the issues I was having. I wasn't subjective enough to ask specific details on how the kit came to be and had assumed from HIS wording that it was something Dinan did. In the mean time, please keep the comments on point. This just shit all over my thread. Everyone needs to keep in mind that Dinan will do whatever the hell you want if you pay up.
    Last edited by nate325; 07-13-2013 at 02:07 PM.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Dinan reportedly did make a few 10 psi stage 2 water/air intercooler kits. Someone has posted some info on these before.

My Cars
    are cool
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    Dinan reportedly did make a few 10 psi stage 2 water/air intercooler kits. Someone has posted some info on these before.
    Yes that was me; Braymond141. I posted that because of what Dan told me.

-Brett

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I think I remember now. It was not air/water but rather an air to air intercooler and it was designed for the roadster/coupe not the regular M3 although there is no reason it could not have been fitted to them as well, and maybe it was. Here is a link to an old article:

http://www.yaussy.com/roundel.html