Thread: Corvette C5 vs SC 95 M3

My Cars
    F10 M5

Corvette C5 vs SC 95 M3

Crossing over from NY to CT, I was following a State Trooper at about 65, when a maroon C5 with chrome rims pulled up beside me. It was like sweet torture... Cop 300 yards ahead, and Vette sitting there willing and able to play...

The moment the Statee got of the last NY exit, the Vette guy augmented his cruising speed to 85.
    I followed close enough to make a point, but far enough to avoid too many stone chips from the huge rear vette tires.

The traffic was lite, when I approached this guy from the right lane. I sat next to him in the center lane waiting for him to take the bait. There was a long pause, then I heard his car down shift, and leap forward... I did the same with a half second delay, but stayed with him. He dropped the anchor within 5 seconds because he realized he wasn't going to pass this sleeper, which he needed to, to get through a few cars.

He then fell back behind me to get around traffic, annoyed that he did not beat me to the whole. hehe

Round 2
    I slow down enough to catch 3rd gear to really push the limits.
    This time we both nailed it. I wound out fourth, and started pulling on him. As the gap started to increase I saw my oponent ease off the gas. I hit 5th at 6 grand, and eased of the juice...

Round 3
    I let him take the lead this time so that he could have a different perspective. Same thing... I wound out fourth, and pulled even with him.
    As I was passing, he let off to pretend like he wasn't trying. Or simply admiting to defeat.

The driver was shocked for sure. He also wanted to keep racing as if he wasn't doing something right the first three times. I had passed my exit by about 7 miles, so I flashed the beams, and cruised home ODing on Adrenaline...
    2013 MCB F10 M5 BMS
    2014 Rubicon
    2007 997 Turbo
    2011 C6 Z06
    2007 Shelby GT500

My Cars
    88 M5 FOR SALE, E92 335i
    I love that adrenaline rush! It's amazing!

Great story, too. I love to shut the door on guys who think they are faster. Bet you surprised the hell outta him!

Nice!
    JamesM

My Cars
    F10 M5
    Ahh yes the adrenaline... That's the reason I do it.

I often consider buying a Viper or something rediculous, but then I would lose that sleeper effect which is SO much fun.
    If you ever get bored of your M3, just take the badges off, and let people wonder...

I have guys sit in my blind spot trying to figure what the hell I am.

Some take the bait some back off. Like the S4 I tailgated for a bit. He wasn't stock, but still stayed away. I get blue balls when people tease but don't race...:
    2013 MCB F10 M5 BMS
    2014 Rubicon
    2007 997 Turbo
    2011 C6 Z06
    2007 Shelby GT500

My Cars
    95 M3 and 03.5 M3
    Shiet, I don't get on 684/287/95 enough!!! Greg, tell me when you get off work so you can have another good kill story to tell!!!