Thread: 2002 E65 Secondary Air Pump

My Cars
    BMW e65 745i 2002

2002 E65 Secondary Air Pump

Hi Guys,

this is the second time i am posting within the last 3 weeks , unfortunately no one has replied to my initial thread .

i would highly appreciate and be thankfull if any help or guidance can be provided

to cut it short , my Secondary air pump wa running rough 3 weeks ago and died at the end , i have ordered new one from Autohauz online which cost me delivered to Melbourne $422 Australian dollars. took the car to my mechanic yesterday and changed the pump. This morning the pump didn't run , though the car was parked overnight and the Temp. could reach 7 Degrees night time.

i took the car this afternnon to the BMW Goro workshop in Melbourne , they have autologic diagnostic tool where they can run component activation , they have activated the pump from the autologic scanner and again it didn't run !!! as usual they caould not find the rerason why , they charged me $66 for the sacn and they said that they need the car for a day long to dig in and find what is wrong.

my suspescion is that there is a problem with the circuit , probably a blown fuse or relay .

could any one who reads this post help me with finding the secondary air pump fuse and relay so i can test it PLEASE!!............

is there any other sugesstion how to fix this problem ?? could it be the hearness

so far i have $488 plus my mechanic fees and still did not get to the bottom of the problem

my head is turnning around and don't know what to do

really apprecaite if somone can help me please

thanks in advance

yours
    Haider

Melbourne / Australia

My Cars
    97 540I, 03 745L,00 740I
    I hear there is a 50 a fuse associated with the secondary air pump,supposedly it's in glove box. Working on same problem.

My Cars
    BMW e65 745i 2002
    did you find it !! i am still having problem slocating it , i was advised that it lives behind teh ABS module directly ( where the cables are - but i can't really locate it - normally it looks like a small cube)
    could you let me know once you find it please!!

Thanks

My Cars
    97 540I, 03 745L,00 740I
    Negative need to start working on problem before cold weather sets in.

My Cars
    '03 745i '03 X5 4.4
    Why are you so concerned about a working/functional Sec Air pump? Do you have pollution testing in Australia? Is your SES throwing a code P0491 or 492?

My Cars
    05 745i
    I am also looking for fuse for secondary air pump. Did you locates it?

My Cars
    97 540I, 03 745L,00 740I
    My secondary air pump problem was due to the top hose on on the air pump was disconnected. In the process of changing marker lights . I removed air filter box and right below it was my disconnected secondary air pump. Looked if it had been wet dried it out reconnected car immediately pulled a little more, still check engine light. Would reset it with obd2 reader would come back in 50 miles or less.
    Working on resting my airbag light used inpa & ncs reset whole computer and it hasn't been back scince Oct.
    the hoses runt to tThe ccv filter. Check make sure they aren't torn. Wipe oil out of the hoses if u have a little snake bush clean the out plug in ,put some chevron fuel cleaner in tank and drive the car .
    Mine was just unplugged. The P.O. had complained about this @ the dealer but didnt want them to work in it. So I think they left unplugged.

image-111508806.jpg

This is supposed to be we're 50 amp fuse is.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 745i sport
    Quote Originally Posted by RAC400 View Post
    I am also looking for fuse for secondary air pump. Did you locates it?
    There a grouped fusible link under the jump terminal(under the hood) if I remember correctly that powers the pump. If one of them blows you have to replace the assembly.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 745Li
    Where is SAP fuse and relay for 2003 BMW 745Li (E66). Please post a picture if you can.