Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: e36 Overfenders

My Cars
    E36 vert 5.0 V8 swap
    looking awesome! can't wait to get my set and start playing with crazy fitment!

My Cars
    E30M, E36M, E61TT
    considering holding off on buying the hard motorsport flares....any idea on production time frame? I need to fit 285s...

My Cars
    dakar
    Quote Originally Posted by motocaddy View Post
    looking awesome! can't wait to get my set and start playing with crazy fitment!

Quote Originally Posted by DaltonIsRad View Post
    rad. Dude get me a set asap! What's the time frame? And what exactly did you do to the fronts?
    I'm making the production molds this week and then pulling the first official parts. Then I'm doing a bunch of fitment double checks on 100% straight paneled and properly aligned e36s before I start sending any out.

Quote Originally Posted by M Dizzle View Post
    considering holding off on buying the hard motorsport flares....any idea on production time frame? I need to fit 285s...
    In an ideal world, I'll have the molds done by next week but like I said I have to double check fitment and make small adjustments accordingly, if necessary (mainly just want to confirm the fronts flow into the nose panel perfect since it's pretty crucial). JW, what widths can hard motorsport flares fit?
    Last edited by MauiM3Mania; 07-17-2014 at 03:23 AM. Reason: profanity

My Cars
    E36, E46, E53, GTV
    So sick! Make E46 fiberglass rear end! Id be down to buy a couple from you! haha

www.ienjoydrifting.com
    2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan - 700hp/700tq M52 Drift car.

My Cars
    dakar
    Quote Originally Posted by ienjoydrifting View Post
    So sick! Make E46 fiberglass rear end! Id be down to buy a couple from you! haha
    Thanks Chelsea! Appreciate it!!

e46 fenders are in the works and you'll be the first with a set

My Cars
    1996 328i
    great cant wait

My Cars
    87 swapp e30,boosted e36
    What is the eta on these going to production? Also the cost

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

My Cars
    dakar
    I'm almost done with the molds so I'll def be able to make some next week. I'll get good pics of the finished fenders this weekend and some installed pics by next week. The fronts and rears are going to be rivet on (or can be molded in), not doing full front replacement fronts right now. Those will take a bit more time so expect a good month or two. The rivet on fronts are pretty cool though IMO and easy to mold in if you prefer. First few batches are going to be right around 950 plus shipping. It takes time to make each set so first come first serve. Keep an eye out for finished pics.

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    I prefer rivet on that's sexy. Now I just need to get moneys together.

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    hmm I think I'll wait for the full front replacements

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    Diggin the transformation your car has gone through! Finally someone has the balls to cut up a M and break the mold! Keep it up Ollie! ps I'm looking forward to the 4 door addition

My Cars
    dakar
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroslide View Post
    I prefer rivet on that's sexy. Now I just need to get moneys together.
    Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Piner View Post
    hmm I think I'll wait for the full front replacements
    Yeah hopefully I can shave a lot of weight with full replacements too. I'd love to make some in cf or even kevlar.

Quote Originally Posted by Amir@AvusAutosport View Post
    This is the one and only time I've ever wished I had a coupe. They look superb.
    Thanks man appreciate it. I'm a huge fan of the 930 and love your sedan too. Just keep an eye out for the 4 door version because you might like it even more than the coupe!

Quote Originally Posted by Dine In View Post
    Diggin the transformation your car has gone through! Finally someone has the balls to cut up a M and break the mold! Keep it up Ollie! ps I'm looking forward to the 4 door addition
    Thanks dude. I'm pumped to finally start cutting up a sedan once the coupe molds are done. I've got the entire design planned out just need to get my hands on a lucky candidate to cut into.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Ughhhhhh is it bad that I will probably buy another e36 just so I can try these? Can't wait to have something ready for these and pay you and Jaze a visit for the weekend.

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Watching with great interest. I'd be up for a set of front full fenders, as long as they come in around the 4lb mark. How much additional clearance do they provide over OEM? I'm going to be on either 275/35-17 with a 10.5 et 31 wheel, or 285/30-18 with a 10.5-11 et 27 wheel.

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe
    I think paint will definitely make them look better. Fronts look good, still not a fan of the bulge in the body line on the rears.

Either way, looks like there is a good amount of interest, and these will definitely serve a purpose. Good work, interested to see the final product installed with rivets.

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1662 View Post
    Thanks man appreciate it. I'm a huge fan of the 930 and love your sedan too. Just keep an eye out for the 4 door version because you might like it even more than the coupe!
    Thank you for the kind words about my cars. I'm excited to hear you'll be making a 4 door kit. I've been hoping someone would do something like this for a while. BMW flares suck compared to the options for the S-chassis and other Japanese cars. Please let me know when you are ready to make them. If the timing works out with when I change classes in Time Attack I would want to run them.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1662 View Post
    Thanks dude. I'm pumped to finally start cutting up a sedan once the coupe molds are done. I've got the entire pidesign planned out just need to get my hands on a lucky candidate to cut into.
    I would let you cut into mine but I'm out in West Coast.. Did you make that RWB inspired lip? I've been looking for a alternative to the typical m lips and that one looks real nice and stuff!!!.

My Cars
    2000 323ci, e28
    If you go e46 I'd love to see a non-m coupe version. I think overfenders would be a little more subtle than the m3 flares.

My Cars
    dakar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy5000 View Post
    Ughhhhhh is it bad that I will probably buy another e36 just so I can try these? Can't wait to have something ready for these and pay you and Jaze a visit for the weekend.
    Nah that's not bad at all! Do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by jakermac View Post
    Watching with great interest. I'd be up for a set of front full fenders, as long as they come in around the 4lb mark. How much additional clearance do they provide over OEM? I'm going to be on either 275/35-17 with a 10.5 et 31 wheel, or 285/30-18 with a 10.5-11 et 27 wheel.
    I don't know exact clearance over OEM but I definitely think those specs would not be an issue. I'll keep you posted on what we can fit and final weights. I can also make them in carbon and kevlar for more weight savings.

Quote Originally Posted by e30polak View Post
    I think paint will definitely make them look better. Fronts look good, still not a fan of the bulge in the body line on the rears.

Either way, looks like there is a good amount of interest, and these will definitely serve a purpose. Good work, interested to see the final product installed with rivets.
    Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Amir@AvusAutosport View Post
    Thank you for the kind words about my cars. I'm excited to hear you'll be making a 4 door kit. I've been hoping someone would do something like this for a while. BMW flares suck compared to the options for the S-chassis and other Japanese cars. Please let me know when you are ready to make them. If the timing works out with when I change classes in Time Attack I would want to run them.
    That would be awesome. I'll definitely keep you in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dine In View Post
    I would let you cut into mine but I'm out in West Coast.. Did you make that RWB inspired lip? I've been looking for a alternative to the typical m lips and that one looks real nice and stuff!!!.
    Haha yeah the lip is just a junkyard special that I cut to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by McGavin View Post
    If you go e46 I'd love to see a non-m coupe version. I think overfenders would be a little more subtle than the m3 flares.
    For e46 I'm planning for the overfenders to work with Ms and non-Ms. Non-m's would probably need to run M3 rear bumpers or space the rear bumper out a bit. I don't think overfenders would necessarily be more subtle than grafted M3 flares though as that's a pretty oem look. My overs would widen the entire quarter like the e36 fenders do.

My Cars
    e36s
    Those look amazing in action, really nice work! The only thing I think I would change are the body lines on the rear panels. I think if you made the line fade in and out like the front flare section does, it could look a little bit cleaner. But that's only looking at it through pictures, I'd really love to see them in person! Keep doing your thing man!

My Cars
    dakar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidewaysftw View Post
    Those look amazing in action, really nice work! The only thing I think I would change are the body lines on the rear panels. I think if you made the line fade in and out like the front flare section does, it could look a little bit cleaner. But that's only looking at it through pictures, I'd really love to see them in person! Keep doing your thing man!
    Thanks man appreciate it.

If you look at a stock e36 the front body lines fade out on the front fenders because the actual arches come up into the body line due to the natural rake (pretty common on most cars). The rear arches are completely independent from the body line so obviously the body line doesn't get distorted or fade in and out. My fenders follow that same idea.

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    Well, my thinking on the matter is that the stock front fenders have a bit of flare, whereas the rears do not, which is why the body line is preserved.

However, now that you've flared the rears, keeping the body like makes it look wavy. I would tend to agree that having the body line fade out and back in would be better, but w/e I'd rock em either way. I'm sure they'll look 100x better with some paint on them though.

My Cars
    dakar
    Nah Benny it's due to the relation of the arch and the body line. I think you're talking about the overall body lines while I was referring specifically to the main line that runs through the door handles.

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    Yeah that's what I'm talking about, the hard line/crease.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast