Thread: Instrument cluster - Fix airbag warning light led - copper is cut and needs fix

My Cars
    BMW E39 528i touring

Instrument cluster - Fix airbag warning light led - copper is cut and needs fix

Hi!
    Well it seems i had to learn by the hard way....

Well since i bought my car long ago...4 years i havent noticed anything wrong till sometime ago...when i got that warning on my head...i mean i realized that the airbag light never showed up on my dashboard cluster

So, i thought it was normal till i read again the manual and saw that it wasnt.

So, after that i went on a worry to fix these issue since i didnt want these to mean i couldnt get passenger on my car cause airbag wont deploy...

I went to a indie and he showed me the airbag error still is there...i mean when i bought it was already there but i was not so expert as i am today with our BMW... and so i assumed it was just one more electronic gremlin....

For now, i thought, so its another damn airbag issue like many others and i am trying to fix it. First, i dont know if it is seat occupancy mat sensor or airbag sensor problem so i will try to fix it maybe buying an used passenger seat or a new part to replace for my seats.

But the big one, it is also these cluster issue i have already seen when i opened today (another time....but the first i really understood what is happening...)
    I picked up my instrument cluster and found that those guys who sold me my car have removed the airbag light from cluster to avoid any warnings!

So now, i will have also to fix these s*** and do not knwo what is worse! I mean, i can try to fix these cluster but if i get wrong i may end without cluster too...

Cause i wanna know when i have an airbag warning light so i need this to be always on!!!

Now comes the big question: looking at cluster pic it is showing that they cut the copper that powers these airbag led, right?

What can i do to fix without having too many hassle?? Put a little bit of copper to fix these ?? How can i test if there is current(power before i put cluster in my car again and avoid any short circuit?? I have got a multimeter but i dont know what can i do

Any help would be great!
    Cluster_led.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    530I
    Need a close up picture but from what I can tell yes they cut the Trace. No need for copper just bridge the gap with a bit of solder. Just flux it and start on one side and when you have a good amount of solder drag it to the other side. If that doesn't work then get a few stands of copper wire and lay across, solder in place

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2