Thread: M3 engine swap or new car?

My Cars
    1994 325is

M3 engine swap or new car?

The auto transmission in my 325 has been really pissing me off lately so I was thinking about doing an m3 engine/trans swap. I can't afford a real m3 and puting a few thousand dollars into a car that is losing value so fast doesn't seem like a good investment (although it would be fun). What do you guys think and if you suggest new car give me some ideas. Also if anyone knows any good places in socal that would do an engine swap let me know.

My Cars
    '92 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by sbc325
    The auto transmission in my 325 has been really pissing me off lately so I was thinking about doing an m3 engine/trans swap. I can't afford a real m3 and puting a few thousand dollars into a car that is losing value so fast doesn't seem like a good investment (although it would be fun). What do you guys think and if you suggest new car give me some ideas. Also if anyone knows any good places in socal that would do an engine swap let me know.
    Try The M Shop, they do varoius swaps like 3.2l in a Ti and are currently doing another 3.2l obdI conversion in a '92 325i. www.themshop.com

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    I would not suggest doing this upgrade unless you love your vehicle andplan on keeping it forever, you will never recover your investment.
    best way to say it.

I've done the swap in my own car and it's just as you said. ....but damn is it fun to piss off everyone on the road with the bad boy.

Hey man, I'm a professional!

My Cars
    Hellrot
    how hard was it doing the swap on your own, did you need anything special other than the usual engine lift/krane and some good jack stands?

With tranny and engine problems on the rise, I would really like to upgrade to an m3 engine and tranny also.

Please keep us updated with any leads.