Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The numbers and colors of real 540iT M-Sports

My Cars
    03 540i M6spd & 03 540IT
    Okay here it is.. I just bought this about 3 days ago. Needs a front bumper & a couple other details.. If anyone wants to see this beast all done let me know & I will update this post when I'm done.. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    03 540i M6spd & 03 540IT
    Okay here it is.. I just bought this about 3 days ago. Needs a front bumper & a couple other details.. If anyone wants to see this beast all done let me know & I will update this post when I'm done.. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    03 540i M6spd & 03 540IT
    Hello, I posted the photos then the forum notification came out and said it will be reviewed.. I keep checking back and don't see them posted yet.

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    03 M3T, 03 M5T/SC, 01 M5
    Someone in here needs to buy my MKIV DVD Nav drive and LCD screen and fit the OE nav into their touring
    2003 Ferrari Red M3 3.5L wagon // 2011 Montego Blue tri-turbo 335d wagon
    2012 Deep Sea Blue X5d // 2003 Orient Blue 330i wagon
    In progress/For Sale: 2003 Alpine White M3/ZHP wagon // 2003 Japan Red M3/ZHP wagon

My Cars
    E36, E39, E46, E53
    Quote Originally Posted by tol1k View Post
    Hello, I posted the photos then the forum notification came out and said it will be reviewed.. I keep checking back and don't see them posted yet.

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Hey! Bring those pictures over to our registry page. http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...art-a-Registry!

That car is Uber Rare!!! Most likely started life out here in California. It's the Unicorn 1 of 1 Topaz Blue/Dove Gray everyone has been looking for!

My Cars
    03 540i Msport Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by 707BimmerBum View Post
    It's the Unicorn 1 of 1 Topaz Blue/Dove Gray everyone has been looking for!
    oh crap! there's only one of that?!
    get that thing spruced up asap. although i suspect finding a topaz blue bumper will be almost impossible and you'll need to go aftermarket, or repaint an oem bumper.
    the rear mtech bumper is not shared with the sedan version by the way, so take good care of that thing
    Looking for an e39 Touring black carpet set, including the rear cargo cubbies and side sections!
    ALSO looking for 540i 6speed manual transmission sets (2001+ pedals with switches, driveshaft, gearbox), for the 6speed swap! Probably not for a while....

GN92489
    540i msport touring; jet black on grey
    Progress Thread (general)
    Progress thread (touring specific)

My Cars
    E36, E39, E46, E53
    Quote Originally Posted by joekitch View Post
    oh crap! there's only one of that?!
    get that thing spruced up asap. although i suspect finding a topaz blue bumper will be almost impossible and you'll need to go aftermarket, or repaint an oem bumper.
    the rear mtech bumper is not shared with the sedan version by the way, so take good care of that thing
    Hahah! Yeeeeeah..... uber rare. A Hen's Tooth! I believe originally sold by Sonnen BMW in Marin. It came back in there when my friend was buying his Black Sapphire on Dove car a few years ago. He chose the low mileage better condition car without knowing how rare either car was. He had an options for a Topaz Blue 1 of 1 or a Black Sapphire 1 of 3. Ha! He had no idea they only built 4 Topaz cars total.

My Cars
    '99 528iTA Sport
    Very nice car, definitely needs some work, but it doesn't look like anything ridiculous. Get her fixed up, that a rare car you got there!
    1999 528iT Sport- 2/1999 Alpine White/Sandbeige
    2003 X5 3.0i Stahlgrau/Gray
    2001 330Ci Topazblau/Black
    1984 318i Balticblau/Black
    1995 525i Hellrot/Beige (brother's)
    2007 335i/6 Titansilber/Black (brother's)
    2004 X3 2.5i Titansilber/Gray M54B30 swapped (dad's) (Sold)
    2006 330i Alpine White/Black (Sold)
    ...and some Volvos and other stuff

My Cars
    03 540i M6spd & 03 540IT
    Thanks for the replies! I'm not the only one who thinks its rare Sorry for the multiple picture posts now I know to post once and let it do it's thing. I will be getting an M5 bumper off a donor vehicle (not aftermarket) luckily the T bar came with the vehicle & all of the small details (fog lights, fogs trim surrounds, all of the bumper moldings). Thanks again for the awesome response I was not expecting )... By the way I got a buddy of mine fired up about these 182 rare wagons & we just bought one for him as well.. Its the #121 GN92562 Titanium Silver / Black interior 1 of 36.. I'll be posting some photos side by side when myn is all done.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the replies! I'm not the only one who thinks its rare Sorry for the multiple picture posts now I know to post once and let it do it's thing. I will be getting an M5 bumper off a donor vehicle (not aftermarket) luckily the T bar came with the vehicle & all of the small details (fog lights, fogs trim surrounds, all of the bumper moldings). Thanks again for the awesome response I was not expecting )... By the way I got a buddy of mine fired up about these 182 rare wagons & we just bought one for him as well.. Its the #121 GN92562 Titanium Silver / Black interior 1 of 36.. I'll be posting some photos side by side when myn is all done.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    03 540i M6spd & 03 540IT

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

AquilaBMW is offline Mad Bimmerist BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan735i View Post
    The S916 "Development vehicle w/out preservation" means that the car didn't have factory wax nothing else, the code for none development veihcles were S915 vehicle w/out preservation. Many more BMW development cars survives than other makes. I own one for example.
    I happened to come across this thread again and thought I would something I found out. Apparently, the Option Code S916/A is not just that the factory did not apply the wax to the car's finish, it is indeed that the was a pre-production car, possibly one that was in camo and used for testing, etc.

Here is an extract from letter that BMW Registry sent to an owner of one of such cars:

"In addition, your car has the 906, 916 and 991 option codes, which indicates that it was a pre-produciton car used as a BMW development vehicle and/or as a BMW photo or display vehicle of some kind. The original "owner" of your car was almost certainly BMW AG or BMW M in Germany, then the car was shipped over to the States and sold off as a used vehicle through the BMW dealer network. I know this because your car also has option 428, the warning triangle and first aid kit, which are required in Germany by law but never fitted to cars delivered in America. Though somewhat rare, pre-production cars like yours do end up in customers' hands from time to time."
    Last edited by AquilaBMW; 11-15-2016 at 03:17 AM.

My Cars
    2001 BMW M5
    I have GN92499 - Topaz Blue / Gray - is it a M-Sport or just regular touring.

My Cars
    BMWs: 1; MINIs: 1

The numbers and colors of real 540iT M-Sports

Quote Originally Posted by m2fast View Post
    I have GN92499 - Topaz Blue / Gray - is it a M-Sport or just regular touring.
    Appears to be just a regular touring. I’ll bet the headliner is not black (even if people retrofit parts, almost no one retrofits that!)

Edit: just looked it up on a mdecoder.com — looks like it’s Steel Blue, not Topaz ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JoshS; 11-05-2018 at 06:55 PM.
    I like the unicorns.
    '99 Z3 Coupe - Jet Black/Black (1-of-114)
    '99 M Coupe - Estoril Blue/Black (1-of-82)
    '03 540iT - Sterling Gray/Black (1-of-24)
    '16 Z4 sDrive35i - Estoril Blue/Walnut (1-of-8)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234