Thread: 1992 325I Rear Coil Question...

My Cars
    E36

1992 325I Rear Coil Question...

Hello all,

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid (already covered question), I did some looking around and did not find what I was looking for so I figured I would see what people might be able to help me with,

I have H&R "Street Performance Coilover Kit" (Kit Num. 29925-2) in my 1992 325I. I love the front coilovers and the ride all round is great but I am looking to bring the rear down further than the coil in that kit allows. I have fully removed the adjuster and am sitting on just the coil. (I know I know, my car doesn't need to be this low, it is a fully gutted drift car that does not see government roads, so I am going for a look.)

SO the question is, is there a shorter spring out there that would fit the H&R coil adjuster? If not, anyone know a good manufacturer for a rear coil/adjuster kit that would be lower and is preferably available as just the rear so that I do not have to purchase a full front and rear kit again.

Thank you for your input.

Cheers.

Max

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Over It View Post
    Hello all,

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid (already covered question), I did some looking around and did not find what I was looking for so I figured I would see what people might be able to help me with,

I have H&R "Street Performance Coilover Kit" (Kit Num. 29925-2) in my 1992 325I. I love the front coilovers and the ride all round is great but I am looking to bring the rear down further than the coil in that kit allows. I have fully removed the adjuster and am sitting on just the coil. (I know I know, my car doesn't need to be this low, it is a fully gutted drift car that does not see government roads, so I am going for a look.)

SO the question is, is there a shorter spring out there that would fit the H&R coil adjuster? If not, anyone know a good manufacturer for a rear coil/adjuster kit that would be lower and is preferably available as just the rear so that I do not have to purchase a full front and rear kit again.

Thank you for your input.

Cheers.

Max
    Really the only thing I could suggest is thinner spring pads. They’re cheap and worth a shot. I believe the uppers are 15mm from the factory and you can find 5mm pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate94 View Post
    Really the only thing I could suggest is thinner spring pads. They’re cheap and worth a shot. I believe the uppers are 15mm from the factory and you can find 5mm pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the response, unfortunately I am already not running any spring pads at all. Looking to see if anyone knows who makes lower coil set ups for the rear, I know someone must because there are cars WAY lower than mine out there.

Anyone else have any input?

Thanks in advance.