Thread: AA chip is it worth it on an Automatic

My Cars
    E36 M3's and E46 M3

AA chip is it worth it on an Automatic

I have an Automatic 1993 325i. I need to know if buying a chip would help my car? I know that Manual with chip is excellent. I just want to know what kind of benefits will I see from an automatic with AA chip? Remember, the car is bone stock.

Thanks for your input

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325i
    I'm in your same situation, with a bone stock 93 325 auto that I want to make faster. I'm thinkin bout a nitrous system or possibly the standard chip, intake, headers, exhaust route. I'm pretty sure there're also performance chips available for your transmission itself. I know that none of this really answers your question, but I'd be interested to compare notes once we actually do some mods.

My Cars
    E30,E36,E46,e60,e90,e92
    sorry cant help but got same problem, i got a 92 325is, and want to know about chips

My Cars
    Elise, Evora, NSX,Z4
    forgot about going fast, we were born to just look good. slushbox here also

My Cars
    96 Acura 450whp+
    hey i too was wondering. is the chip for the tranny like an aa chip is it different than the chip i have thats powering my s/c s52. the chip in it right now is rms. what does a tranny chip do!

My Cars
    2003 TiAg 325iT
    Speaking as one of the few *proud* performance slushboxes here:

in my case, I wasnt looking for overwhelming gains. The tranny will be your achilles heel. However, the engine chip/download DID produce some noticeable gains up high in the rev band, as well as smoothing out the available power. It might be worth it to you to remove the high speed fuel cut and limiters as well.

With the chip/pulley/intake/exhaust combo on my slushie, this produced a much livelier and fun to drive car. Not an M by any stretch of the imagination, but worth it to me.

But with the Vortech...it dont matter now...hehehehe
    eeeks!

---"Angelina" '96 328isA S/C (The *sirius* ubercommuter) ERT/Vortech V2SQ with other goodies
    "Man, your car is scary fast...." *Prestige BMW, Jan.18, 2003* (sold )

---"theStealth" '03 TiAg 325iT

---ZURV1 (Zombie Urban Response Vehicle) 2010 Chevy Surburban

---bmwcca member # 179740

My Cars
    98 M3/4/6, 16 M3/6
    the AA ECU chip didnt give me any noticable power... it wont make the car go faster... what i did notice was that shifting from gears was smoother... thats about it... maybe there is a 5 HP gain but i wouldnt be able to tell...

My Cars
    it's no E30 :/
    I have a chip in my auto, well software in a chip and it's great
    if you guys want a chip for your tranny, only Dinan makes chips for automatics.

Good Luck
    R.I.P. Louie: TehPandaShow gone but not forgotten

My Cars
    E36
    i say if ur not modding your car to race for money dont waste your time, u can use ur money to make the car look better, u can use that 200 dollars and buy urself a front kit or put some tints on it.

My Cars
    '01 325ci
    Not sure if i am a special case but my AA chip made my car feel completely different. Throttle response definitely improved and it accelerates faster now. I even noticed a change in sound when adding my chip. I picked it up for $105 from a member and feel it was definitely worth it. I hear it works best when coupled with an intake and exhaust however. If you find it for a good price i dont think you will be disappointed if you pick one up, I certainly wasnt.

My Cars
    2003 TiAg 325iT
    I had the Conforti Shark Injector btw...

The chip on it own wont do much....but in my opinion..worth it for the top speed governor and fuel cut removal.
    eeeks!

---"Angelina" '96 328isA S/C (The *sirius* ubercommuter) ERT/Vortech V2SQ with other goodies
    "Man, your car is scary fast...." *Prestige BMW, Jan.18, 2003* (sold )

---"theStealth" '03 TiAg 325iT

---ZURV1 (Zombie Urban Response Vehicle) 2010 Chevy Surburban

---bmwcca member # 179740

My Cars
    E36 M3's and E46 M3
    I just wonder, because a member here is selling chips for our cars 1992-1995. I just got the 93 325i so I am still learning about the 325's. My 328 I have well documented it potential.

The AA chip I was talking about is the ECU not the Tranny chip. I know automatic comes with TWO different Chips. One for the car and the other are for the tranny.

If we upgrade on the ECU part but leave the Tranny Chip stock. Would it help us "gain" HP or due to the Tranny it wouldn't matter and just a waste of money?

Dinan I know makes for Auto Tranny. But the price they are asking for, I think its not worth it.

I was thinking about changing out the Auto to Manua. But can't find a decent pricing. The cheapest I found so far is $1100 parts only, labor not included. So with labor I am looking on spending almost $1600.

Its a never ending project for first it was my 328 now it 325 turn....

My Cars
    it's no E30 :/
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelEye328i
    If we upgrade on the ECU part but leave the Tranny Chip stock. Would it help us "gain" HP or due to the Tranny it wouldn't matter and just a waste of money?
    I think you would definaly gain hp, again I have a chip in my 328 since Alex at Eurospeed socketed my ECU, and I could swap my AA chip for my stock chip, and well the AA chip is definaly an improvement over my stock, I would go for it
    R.I.P. Louie: TehPandaShow gone but not forgotten