Thread: DSC + TPMS Issue

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible

DSC + TPMS Issue

Hello all.

I recently picked up a 2002 M3 Convertible. I got it knowing it had a abs issue (the dreaded abs, dsc, break light) after checking it out at a shop found the the abs module was bad. I replaced it with a used one from a 2002 M3 and bam, lights all cleared. Only problem is now after a short drive the DSC and TPMS light come on and will stay on until until I restart the car. Before it triggers I can feel and hear the abs kick in briefly. I am thinking it might be another sensor as it only seems to happen after I turn the wheel. What I am not sure is if its that or perhaps something needs to be calibrated. To my surprise is the new abs unit worked without having to be recoded. Any input would help. Thanks.

PS) Glad to at least have the abs unit working because before fuel would cut off after 6200 RPM before now it has ALL da power

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    The TPMS requires the ABS sensor to be up to speed. Also if it has stored info from the last car, it will need to be cleared out using INPA/DIS, just pushing the button isn't going to do the trick. Then the car has to re-learn the thresh-hold speeds.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by dworthy View Post
    The TPMS requires the ABS sensor to be up to speed. Also if it has stored info from the last car, it will need to be cleared out using INPA/DIS, just pushing the button isn't going to do the trick. Then the car has to re-learn the thresh-hold speeds.
    The abs computer was out of a M3 that was in an accident so pretty sure it still has the old cars information. I'll have to look at having a job clear it out since I do not have the tools. Thanks for the reply.