Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: First Track Event Tomorrow..Nervous! Words of Wisdom?

My Cars
    98 M3, 93 325is, 2011 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrivesm3 View Post
    Jim I think I've seen your car at a few SDBMWCCA events at Buttonwillow no? Maybe 2008 and or 2009?
    Probably, if they were combined School/Club Race, participating in the CR.

Quote Originally Posted by ///Madman View Post
    When I talked with the driver as part of my Steward duties it turned out they had just bought the car used the night before the event and went with the previous owners assurance that everything was fine.
    And?

IMNSHO, the current/new owner is responsible for the condition of the car. Taking an unknown & un-inspected car to a track day is stupid. He had no one to blame but himself (but I'm sure, like nearly everyone else nowadays, tried to blame someone else).

Sorry for the rant, and not meant to be directed at you (it wasn't) ///Madman.
    Last edited by Jim Bassett; 02-09-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    98 M Roadster Track Only, 07 Silverado 2500HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bassett View Post

IMNSHO, the current/new owner is responsible for the condition of the car. Taking an unknown & un-inspected car to a track day is stupid. He had no one to blame but himself (but I'm sure, like nearly everyone else nowadays, tried to blame someone else).

Sorry for the rant, and not meant to be directed at you (it wasn't) ///Madman.
    He actually took full blame for not getting the car soon enough to have it checked over. Surprising and refreshing to meet someone who understands the concept of personal responsibility.
    98 M Roadster, 'The Mistress', Enhanced With - Turner/Eurosport M50 Manifold - Shrick Cam Kit (with 24 lb Injectors, HFAM, Electric Fan, Conforti Intake, Conforti Software Optimized for O2 Sensor Delete), Dinan HFTB/Strut Tower Brace/Swaybars, S54 Radiator, Euro Oil Cooler with Randy Forbes Oil Line Adaptor, Evosport Power Pulleys, UUC SSK, Custom Engraved WSM, MetrixMotorsports 3.64 Diff, Supersprint Euro Race Headers/No-Cat Midpipe/Free-Flow Mufflers, TCKline DA Coilovers/Camber Plates, Racetech RT1000 Seats, Racetech Harnesses, CCW 17" Black Anodized Classics, Toyo R888s (235/40/17 - 255/40/17).

My Cars
    98 M3, 93 325is, 2011 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by ///Madman View Post
    He actually took full blame for not getting the car soon enough to have it checked over. Surprising and refreshing to meet someone who understands the concept of personal responsibility.
    Nice.

My Cars
    99 M3 vert, E92 335xi
    Big BUMP for this old thread,
    Just read the whole thing prior to my first event in 2 weeks and I have to say this is a must read for a beginner

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567