Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racers: Your greatest overtakes.

My Cars
    Audi RS4. BMW S1000RR.

Racers: Your greatest overtakes.

Lets hear the stories. Can be feats of getting by superior vehicles in lesser equipment, giving the best feint ever, purely out strategizing the other guy, or just having big balls of pure lead.

My Cars
    '02 M3, '88 M3 #29
    Today I passed a really tricked out red Cutlass Sierra with one missing hub cap and toneau covered top. It was tough, but after she got off the grass, I then had the courage and trust that she'd stay on the road long enough to go by her. It was sweet, and the guy in the Prius was impressed.

My Cars
    '88 e30 M3 (GTS2)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpassioned View Post
    Today I passed a really tricked out red Cutlass Sierra with one missing hub cap and toneau covered top. It was tough, but after she got off the grass, I then had the courage and trust that she'd stay on the road long enough to go by her. It was sweet, and the guy in the Prius was impressed.
    I have to call BS on this one.....: There is no way the Prius driver would have the slightest clue of what was going on around him.

Damon in STL
    Damon in STL
    '88 e30 M3/M42t - GTS3 #72 - Motorcraft Ign., Volvo Injectors, Thrush Turbo Muffler, Open Source ECU, Aerospace Connectors, Lowes Polycarbonate, Alumacore Front Splitter and Rear Diffuser, Honda Radiator(s), Racer's Tape (white), Tornado, Various Stickers, Farm Implement Paint (gloss white), Nationwide Series Windshield (Fontana version), GMC Boost Solenoid
    My current car: e30 M342t Evolution

My Cars
    All those times I passed JC in the rain. They were all very special and hold a dear place in my heart.
    Dan Parker

My Cars
    '97 M3 GTS2#360
    Quote Originally Posted by dtothepowerofp
    All those times I passed JC in the rain. They were all very special and hold a dear place in my heart.
    I will be posting video to the contrary

JCrist JP/GTS2
    whatchu got

My Cars
    '95 M3 IP #595, '07 Z4MC
    Quote Originally Posted by dtothepowerofp View Post
    You sure your greatest moment wasn't that time you passed like half the field at Roebling (after the checkered flag)?

My Cars
    '97 M3 GTS2#360
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael9218

You sure your greatest moment wasn't that time you passed like half the field at Roebling (after the checkered flag)?
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Icw2k7If8I[/ame]

JCrist JP/GTS2

This one was fun, didn't have any class cars at Calabogie so I enjoyed working on this IP car for almost 18 minutes before getting the pass done.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMkjQRcYLqU[/ame]
    Last edited by jcrist; 07-28-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    whatchu got

My Cars
    Wreck Miata,Dirty Thirty
    [ame]http://vimeo.com/25533759[/ame]

My Cars
    E36 325i, E34 535iTm
    Damn, Greg, that almost makes me want to race a Miata. I'd just feel bad for all the E30s I'd be obliged to smash into (if my Miata-on-track experience tells me anything).

-tammer

My Cars
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe
    Hey guys, great in-car videos! Good Stuff with hard fought battles.
    I am not use to seeing all that extra stuff like: windshields, wipers, window netting, roofs, etc. because I race a Formula Ford. All we get is an unobstructed view of the open sky.
    Here's my short clip of a duel with my buddy Tom in his Van Diemen RF97K and me in my Swift DB-1. We set the fastest race laps during this SCCA regional race at Thunderhill in northern California while lapping the back markers. Where else but California would you find windmills to save energy and be green at a race track?

http://contour.com/stories/scca-sfr-...1-thill-4-9-11

dave
    '07 Z4 M C

My Cars
    1993 Spec E36 Race car
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael9218 View Post
    BUT it was in the rain And I have Vid of that

My Cars
    #94 IP, '68 250SE '17 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon in STL View Post
    I have to call BS on this one.....: There is no way the Prius driver would have the slightest clue of what was going on around him.

Damon in STL
    I am going to have to agree. They are easily the biggest group of oblivious drivers in the world.
    '94 325is #94 IP/GTS3 Mauritius Blue Metallic
    "And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

My Cars
    98 M3
    Don't have one, never passed DW
    Sean

My Cars
    '97 M3 GTS2#360
    Quote Originally Posted by SG_M3
    Don't have one, never passed DW
    Jesse did at Mid O under yellow... That counts right??!?

JCrist JP/GTS2
    whatchu got

My Cars
    VW Eurovan and a 4 door 330
    This is one that just goes to show how experience pays off. We went from 11th to 9th in about 100 feet. John Heinricy was driving my car at Homestead and this was the last lap. None of you know who he is, as he's never raced a BMW until this race. He's been racing for years in other cars:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OePfVLVQxh8[/ame]

My Cars
    scooter
    Quote Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
    This is one that just goes to show how experience pays off. We went from 11th to 9th in about 100 feet. John Heinricy was driving my car at Homestead and this was the last lap. None of you know who he is, as he's never raced a BMW until this race. He's been racing for years in other cars:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OePfVLVQxh8
    Yeah, cause none of us have ever heard of Chevrolet.....

-Scott B.

My Cars
    POS-325e
    One in car and one observing.

At GIR I was in the POS-7 and finally ran down this ITE turbo Dodge Daytona. Used up five laps trying to work around him but it just wasn't happening. Last lap, turn six at Gateway I decided to chance it on the outside as this guy showed he wanted to stay on line every corner. I just made it stick and can still remember the look on his face as I put the car on his left front quarter panel halfway through the turn! My one shining moment!!!!!

Number 2 had to be at the BMWCCA CRS at Gateway which Mr. Bob Wright attended. In the mock race he passed three cars at the green flag through turns one and two and never looked back! Scott Hughes and I were laughing at all the other guys for getting snookered big time and Bob kept pulling away!!! Great job by the head of the Pennsyltucky Militia!!!!!!
    POS-325E 2018 BMWCCA MP National Champion
    E60 535i DD

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrist View Post
    Jesse did at Mid O under yellow... That counts right??!?

JCrist JP/GTS2
    ? No I didnt.

My Cars
    98 IP M3, and others
    Do LeMons Races Count....? I was Dale Earnhart out there....I tell you .....!!
    ..."keep a little love in your heart and a taste of jazz in your soul."

My Cars
    Spec E30
    My favorite race from last year - skip to the 5.00 minute mark. unfortunately, I give back most of the overtakes.

the engine miss was a faulty crank sensor, now fixed.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGAHh1aRkwg[/ame]
    Ed Phillips // Spec E46 (build in progress)
    Past: Spec E30 and GTS3

My Cars
    '02 M3, '88 M3 #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon in STL View Post

Damon in STL
    OK, you got me, the Prius didn't realize he was driving at the time.

I guess one the best passes I ever made, was this outside pass on my F3 back in 2000, at VIR going up the hill just after the bridge straight, North Course in the rain. This guy would have decimated me in the dry on his R1.
    Scared him when he didn't realize I was next to him, and had positon going into Stevie Wonder!
    Dave Hill #413, ex roadracer
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    e30 vs. station wagon (spewing fuel onto Sri's Chump Car)

Split!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVJv5-K645w[/ame]
    Last edited by dtothepowerofp; 07-31-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Dan Parker

My Cars
    '96 Ranger, '83 RX7 GSL
    so great, it had to be posted thrice

My Cars
    '88 e30 M3 (GTS2)
    My very first race weekend in a car back in 2008. I had a mechanical issue, missed qualifying, and started from the very back. I'm not sure how many cars I passed.....but I did lap two of the cars in class during the race. It's nice to have a home track advantage.

[ame]http://www.vimeo.com/6201525[/ame]

Damon in STL
    Damon in STL
    '88 e30 M3/M42t - GTS3 #72 - Motorcraft Ign., Volvo Injectors, Thrush Turbo Muffler, Open Source ECU, Aerospace Connectors, Lowes Polycarbonate, Alumacore Front Splitter and Rear Diffuser, Honda Radiator(s), Racer's Tape (white), Tornado, Various Stickers, Farm Implement Paint (gloss white), Nationwide Series Windshield (Fontana version), GMC Boost Solenoid
    My current car: e30 M342t Evolution

My Cars
    SpecE30, Mini Cooper JCW
    My best start ever. Folks did the usual....guessed a little early on the green and had to check up.

[ame]http://www.vimeo.com/16659164[/ame]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast