Thread: New: Work done to car past, present, future

My Cars
    99/M3 Coupe Manual

New: Work done to car past, present, future

Time to break the silence. I have beenlurking on this forum for a few years, basically since the day Ibought my M3 back in 2010.

I would first like to say thanks forhaving such an awesome forum with so much info. It has really helpedme out, and the parked link to the edge motorworks 75k checklist hasbeen invaluable. I figured I would post about my car and all the workthat has been done, is currently in progress, and future work.

I bought my car 99 Fern Green M3 withbeige leather seats at about 105k for $8000 back in 2010. It waspretty clean with normal road wear and my seat leather had a sizablehole in it, but the rest of the interior was great. The checklistreally helped me out and I purchased a few parts in advanceanticipating certain problems. Specifically the cooling system.

- Purchased new thermo, a metal bladedcoolant pump, metal thermo housing.
    - Then one day before I got round tothe installation a radiator hose split in half . I was lucky, I wasvery close to home. I replaced all cooling components except forradiator.
    - I reinforced the RTAB with thickplates as a temp fix.
    - Power seat gear striped out, replaced
    - Missing wheel center caps, and keysreplaced (at the stealer for far too much)
    - Tinted windows (for hot TX sun)
    - New brake disks and misc brake work,(hit for about $1500)
    - New Tires!

-On a trip down to central texas tovisit family my throw-out bearing finally went out (I kept putting itoff with my busy schedule) I was 3.5hrs from home.
    - I was forced to trailer it to afamily member's home nearby and leave my baby in Jan 2012. Due tohard financial times (as a result of a parasite who lived off me for3.5yrs) I was unable to retrieve my car and was using a companytruck, until a few months ago.
    - My car was heavily worn by the sun.It had been covered with tarps with tie-downs. When I went toretrieve my car I found that my family member had placed cinderblocks on my hood (and not delicately!! Was beyond pissed!) to holddown the tarps in the strong winds.

Current state:
    - Throwout- bearing out
    - Deep scratches in my hood, with morescratches and places where the clear had been rubbed off by bungees.
    - Hood roundel emblem completely friedby the sun.
    - fixed door drivers door that wouldnot open. Had to remove door panel while closed, that was a PAIN!

Today I started getting ready to dropthe transmission. I will be replacing the Throw-out bearing, but inaddition a near complete maintenance job (clutch, pressure plate,slave cylinder, seals, etc). After inspection It looks like I mayneed to address my shift linkage, it isnt looking too good. andlikely a new guibo.

Additional work being done:
    - Replacing fluids all around
    - Drain Gas tank of old fuel
    - Rear strut tower adjustment (toe-inis far off on right rear)
    - New radio receiver (to match amberdash)
    - All over emblem replacement
    - All over paint restoration and touchup.
    - Windshield crack repair?
    - replacing a broken power seat switchcover
    - new air, cabin air, fuel and oilfilters; all new spark plugs.
    - Considering new transmission mounts(but most of the rubber on the car is in great shape for its age).
    - trying to figure our wtf is wrongwith my tach.
    - new rear strut mounts (heavy duty)
    - Lastly a deep cleaning wash & wax+ interior detailing (lord knows she needs it!)

Possible future work:
    - New headlights, xenon ellipsoids withangel eyes and clear "stealth" corners(?)
    - begin replacing "all"suspension bushings
    - New struts?
    - Alarm system?
    - reupholster front seats?
    - replace broken plastic pieces underfront bumper
    - replace M shift knob (leather worn)
    - new brake light switch
    - possible speaker replacement (but Ilove the sound currently)
    - possible muffler replacement for aricher & deeper sounding character
    - In the far FAR distant future maybe asupercharger?
    - And whatever else pops up.

There are lots of small current thingsnot really worth mentioning ( but they will take time), but they aremostly fine details. I know this is quite long, but it will showanyone thinking about getting into an M3 that they can take aconsiderable amount of time and money. But!, its a labor of love andI love every moment of it. From the cool night drives down windy roadwith the top and windows open, to threading the needling in traffic,to blocking and leaving ricers in the dust!!

Sorry for the massive post.

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1985 745i , S13 240sx sr20det
    Which parasite?

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1985 745i , S13 240sx sr20det
    Quote Originally Posted by CMG View Post
    Which parasite?
    Nevermind, just realized u were talkin bout a chick, thought u were talking medical.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    1995 M3
    :

My Cars
    99/M3 Coupe Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by CMG View Post
    Nevermind, just realized u were talkin bout a chick, thought u were talking medical.
    Correct!

And what pictures should I post? I have lots of photos of broken stuff. I am mostly just trying to get her back to stock.

Better?