Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone ever 4 corner balance a 540i?

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    gonna have to buy her a new car at some point tho'... I can keep driving my old rigs happily forever but she's "normal" and actually would like to have a new car once every 10yrs or so...
    Just let her drive the Jeep for a few weeks and then go back to her Audi, she'll think it's a new car.
    I didn't think her Audi was that old, it looked pretty nice last time I saw it at your house.

Nice to see you back Justin.
    Last edited by JimLev; 09-21-2018 at 09:55 AM. Reason: typo

My Cars
    '03 540i/6 M-tech
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    That is so excellent, I was gonna ask. I fondly think of my Type 44 and C4 often. My C4 S6 is owned by my pro-tech buddy locally and hes made it way better and nicer (incl full repaint...) so I see it often (and of course lust for it but then again I didn't spend the months and months of labor and piles of dough on parts for all the stuff he's done to fix up the little bits since I sold it to him...). He's warming up to finally refreshing the motor - thing must have 200k on it now though and still running totally strong even w/ full RS2+ turbo/intercooler job and being driven hard including a few track days...

Re: new cars - yeah wife had a loaner A3 last few days (getting her Takata face-rippers replaced) with like 2k miles on it... its real nice.. in some ways... but somewhat personality-less... which is what we keep finding w/ new BMW's and Audis... gonna have to buy her a new car at some point tho'... I can keep driving my old rigs happily forever but she's "normal" and actually would like to have a new car once every 10yrs or so...
    Hah! My girlfriend (I’ve been married and divorced since leaving lol) wants a B5 S4 avant... we’ll see if I can find a clean one in manual when she’s ready to kiss her first/only car goodbye... a 2004 Corolla manual that she bought new at 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2001 330Cic/A in the same color combo is "Her" ride.

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin517 View Post
    (I’ve been married and divorced since leaving lol)
    holy crap man - you work fast! Sorry about that - hope it wasn’t too painful.

I have had my brushes with the B5S4’s for sure. Just never ended up pulling the trigger. Got a buddy around the corner who has 2 - one for him and one for his lady. One sedan one avant. Avant- is sweet. He’s a long roof bud that’s one of things we have in common.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12