Thread: TURBO E36 VS VETTE, S2000, 335i, 135i, AND OTHERS

My Cars
    E36, E60 535, E70 5.0i

TURBO E36 VS VETTE, S2000, 335i, 135i, AND OTHERS

You tube link to me driving my turbo e36 at VIR this past weekend. Not exactly racing, more like high performance driving school. It was my first time on a road course track, and SOOOOO much fun! This is the first time I have been able to really use the car to its potential without a fear of blue lights. I know I am not the best driver...yet, but I plan to get better as I go to more track events. The video is of an entire 30 minute session, and I pass plenty of cars of all makes throughout. The only car "faster" than my turbo E36 was the highly modified ZO6 that passes me on the last lap. I believe he said he is close to 700 HP naturally aspirated, all motor.

“Turbo e36 chase corvette at VIR”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC6CAwX39A4

http://youtu.be/PC6CAwX39A4

My Cars
    MaxPsi M3
    That looks like a lot of fun. There's a track near me, I need to figure out how to get on it this summer.

My Cars
    E36, E60 535, E70 5.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by efour6smg View Post
    That looks like a lot of fun. There's a track near me, I need to figure out how to get on it this summer.
    It was so much fun. Best time I have had in a while, and the most fun I have ever had with this car. It is a little pricey, but getting registered was not very difficult.
    Totally worth the expense if you have $$ to spare.

Good looking car BTW, I like the red lined lip.

My Cars
    skateboard
    I plan on doing the same sort of stuff. Which turbo setup are you running?
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    E46 M3 ZCP
    Really good question here. Who owned the Malibu? Of all cars attending an Hpde I would have never expected that.
    06 M3 ZCP: RPI Scoops, AFe Stage 2 Intake, Power Flex Urethane Bushings, Shark Injector, VAC Ultra Light UDP's, Turner Solid Diff Bushing, UUC Evo 3, and BAV Auto CDV mod

E46 M3 links:

E46 M3 wheel/tire fitment guide

SSV1 vs SSV2 header dyno

Race Tires!!!

Want to join BMWCCA?

Evolve Tune+Alpha N+Euro Header Dyno, +46 rwhp

My Cars
    E36, E60 535, E70 5.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    I plan on doing the same sort of stuff. Which turbo setup are you running?
    It is a very large Precision Turbo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyM View Post
    Really good question here. Who owned the Malibu? Of all cars attending an Hpde I would have never expected that.
    Lmao Malibu!!

No-one in my group expected it either! The dude could drive though, He has a few vids on you-tube from that weekend, I could post them if you guys are interested. He was passing people, and out-driving a large percentage of my group. We were thinking it was a "cheater" Malibu, he would never say what mods he had.

My Cars
    '06 4Runner| 77 930| E36
    awesome job getting on the road course with such a beast. how much power were you making in this? what brakes and tires?

Powertrain: Big Bore 87mm S50| Boost Logic Gen 2 Mani | BorgWarner S366 | CP 8.5:1 pistons | Eagle Rods | O-Ringed block | Tial 50mm | Precision 46mm | LINK G4 standalone | ZF| F1 stage 3 clutch/15lb ltwfw| UUC Black TM/E| Vorshlag MM's | 3.23LSD w/AKG race bushings| AKG race subframe bushings| 'Bear Motorsports' Re-enforced subframe | Walbro 525lp fp| VPD pulleys| 4'' DP into 3.5 straight pipe"||
    Handling: FK konigsports| '95 M3 strut mounts| Rogue Engineering RSM's| UUC RTAB's| 20mm front spacers| 2915lbs Full interior
    Aesthetics: M3 bumpers| 18''x 8.5/9.5 BBS LMs| ZKW's| 50w 6000k HID| Smoked Corners| 50% wndshld/5% all around| M3 sedan seats F&R| Black headliner| Black/Grey suede door panels| ZHP knob| M3 steering Wheel|