Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glass Top Cali Edition 318Ti. (California Roof Delete) - Andro Fiver BUILD UPDATE #2

My Cars
    98' 318Ti Cali Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
    <3 the glass roof in my M.

That looks awesome man! I'll be tinting mine this upcoming week.

So, the past few weeks have been one big delay for this car, the S52 I picked up was no good, had to swap in an M52 for the time being & I still used the M50 mani, But now I'm moving forward once again. If all goes to plan the whole car will hopefully be finished by the beginning of august and I will be starting on the body work for some fresh paint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
    <3 the glass roof in my M.

That looks awesome man! I'll be tinting mine this upcoming week.

So, the past few weeks have been one big delay for this car, the S52 I picked up was no good, had to swap in an M52 for the time being & I still used the M50 mani, But now I'm moving forward once again. If all goes to plan the whole car will hopefully be finished by the beginning of august and I will be starting on the body work for some fresh paint.

My Cars
    LSx M3 & 2017 Touareg
    Not sure how I feel about it... maybe throw some %15 tint on it so it looks almost like a black roof, but you can still see out form the inside and it might not be bad.

My Cars
    z3
    I think its cool as hell. Theres a guy developing a roof like this for the Z4 Coupe and its so sexy

Would love pics from inside the car looking through the roof though

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    98' 318Ti Cali Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaTop View Post
    man,i cant wait to see the finish...im thinking to do the same for my cali top,too
    Pics Will be coming soon, I just haven't had a chance to finish it up yet since it's been at the shop for the past 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by Bsaint View Post
    Not sure how I feel about it... maybe throw some %15 tint on it so it looks almost like a black roof, but you can still see out form the inside and it might not be bad.
    I have a sheet of limo tint that I'm going to put on the glass. I may also vinyl wrap the rest of the top black to blend it in, though it is not set it stone

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I think its cool as hell. Theres a guy developing a roof like this for the Z4 Coupe and its so sexy

Would love pics from inside the car looking through the roof though
    Thanks man! I'll be sure to take some shots when it's finished up, the Z4 roof sounds like a cool idea as well
    Last edited by ANDRO FIVER; 08-17-2013 at 03:15 AM.

My Cars
    1996 318ti California Ed
    mine not only failed but had the clips holding it to the track on the driver side snap and my roof fly up. luckily i caught it and yanked it down before more happened. but was an adventure when all off a sudden at 55 your roof starts to disappear. granted there were high winds and tornadoes in the area and i prolly shouldnt have been driving windows down lol

My Cars
    e34 525iT 5-Speed
    BUMP for any more progress pics. I'm looking into this to replace the (non-functioning) panorama roof on my touring.

1992 525i Touring 5-Speed

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 07 650XChlg
    Isn't there a way to make a removable gasket? Applying sealant like that seems messy and irreversible without making a big mess.

WTB: E36 ZKW Headlights, ACS Rear Diffuser,E36 M mudflaps front + rear

My Cars
    Calitop/msport m52 318ti
    If your still active anyway you have specs on the glass?

My Cars
    X5 328i 325iT Z3
    Very cool idea!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12