Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help needed, Touring Celis rear light retrofit

My Cars
    2012 JSW 2.5
    I appreciate the quick response Blackknight! I am lucky that the error stopped me from adding bad data. I feel like I dodged a bullet. I need to resolve my ID10T error and RTFM again

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxPlanet View Post
    I appreciate the quick response Blackknight! I am lucky that the error stopped me from adding bad data. I feel like I dodged a bullet. I need to resolve my ID10T error and RTFM again
    😂, so did it work then?

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    2012 JSW 2.5
    Sorry for the suspense, I had to take a phone support call before I could to try it again.

Yes, it totally worked! I am soooooo happy to have this monkey off my back!

I also made the change on the damaged LCMIIIB and it also worked. I can now confirm that LCMIIIB 6-919-454 (black label) and LCMIIIB 6-915-919 (yellow label) both support the touring LED tail light option.

Just for kicks, I also made the change on the original LCMIII and it definitely did not work so everyone can feel good about their LCMIIIB investments

The only change to my original light configuration after following TerraPhantm's instructions is that the bottom outer does not come on with tail and parking lights. I think it looks much better and that is probably the way it was meant to be.

I can finally sell my prefacelift tails and LCMIII (and put the money back into the car someplace else Not sure what to do with damaged LCMIIIB. The left front fog won't come on and I am so DONE with messing with LCMs that I might just toss it.

Thank you to Fr1D4y for starting this post and special thanks to RVAE34, BlackKnight, and TerraPhantm for helping me through it!

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Wait, so looking at your original ZCS, there was already a "2" in front? Have you tried retrofitting the facelift tails by some other means before? That ZCS should have coded for the facelift tails without modification. Changing that to a 4 shouldn't work.
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 11-04-2015 at 10:42 PM.

My Cars
    2012 JSW 2.5
    Yes, I tried eliminating the errors on the LCMIII and IIIB using PA Soft. Shane at Tech Tuning tried to do it with Autologic but that was when I only had the LCMIII. In addition, I think he just clicked on the LED Tail Light Option and did not manipulate any values. I definitely did not directly manipulate these values before you sent me the instructions. When I incorrectly changed the values above, the error stopped me from reaching the point where I could execute them, it reverted back to the original values.

Should I be concerned about this unexpected "2"? Is there any data I can provide to you so you can get a handle on why it is there?

FWIW: The lights are still working correctly, there are no warnings and the rest of the car's systems appear to be running properly after my 40 minute commute to work this morning.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    I think when you tried with the auto logic, it ended up adding the 2 to the VN string. So I'd change that back to what it was.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    I think when you tried with the auto logic, it ended up adding the 2 to the VN string. So I'd change that back to what it was.
    Here's my thoughts: perhaps the Autologic changed the ZCS code, but was unable to actually code to the defaults based on that ZCS code. Once he coded it using NCS Expert, it made the coding change. By changing the ZCS code back, it should keep the coding the same, unless he runs a SG_codieren command.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    That's what I think too. He did say he had the old LCM in the car when using the auto logic, so that's probably why the light behavior didn't change.

My Cars
    2012 JSW 2.5
    Please correct me if am wrong:

You gentlemen are saying that the first digit of the VN was probably "0", the first retrofit made it a "2" but could not update the LCMIII. The value remained a "2" until I changed it to "4" which successfully updated the LCMIIIB. I should change the value it back to "2" because it is the "expected" value. (Specifically, BMW did not expect a rookie like me to try the retrofit with the wrong LCM

The change is made by entering ZCS, changing the VN's first digit from "4" to "2", checking checksum and pressing OK. I do not need to process or execute so there won't be any changes to the coding.

I really cannot thank you two enough but I will keep trying Thank you!

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Change it back to a 2 and do the ZCS_SCHREIBEN process on the EWS and IKE/KMB. If your lights are working as you expect with no errors or flickering, then leave the LCM as is (though if you do end up recoding the LCM, it shouldn't hurt anything)

My Cars
    2001 BMW X5 4.4i
    Hello, and my apologies for reviving an old thread, but I'm hoping for some more information.

I have a 2001 BMW X5, (12/2000 production), and it uses the LCM3, part number is 61356961141. I recently upgraded my tail light assemblies to LED ones, and have run into the flickering problem. After doing a lot of research and scouring of BMW forums, i happened upon your post and has given me hope to understanding and fixing the issue, which I believe all i would need to do is upgrade my LCM3 to the LCM3B or LCM4, and code it properly.

I use BMW Scanner 1.4 (PASoft), and have checked my coding page, and I cannot find any option to activate LED taillights. There is no cold check option for the rear lights at all. I've attached a couple pictures of what my coding pages look like for my LCM from BMW Scanner.

Screenshot (1).jpg
    Screenshot (15).png

Question is, once I install a LCM 3B or LCM 4, will the option become available to code for the LED taillights in BMW Scanner, or will i have to use another software like NCSExpert?

My Cars
    2001 BMW X5 4.4i
    Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    2000 528iT. You guys are going to hate me cause I installed OE Celis tail lights on my car the "wrong" way. After just plugging in the lights (both tailgate & corner), I spent weeks trying to code them properly using Autologic and GT1. Autologic has a feature to retrofit Celis tails but I went through the procedure about a million times and the bulkb check came on as well as a brake light illuminating (LCM thought I had burned out bulbs). The LEDs also pulsated. The shop I used to work at let me use their Autologic for no charge.

I then went to another shop and they used their Autologic as well as their GT1. The GT1 said that the LCM was already coded for Celis but I still had the same symptoms. They charged me $100 for no results.

Soooo I bought 4 tiny 12 volt bulbs and holders and wired them in series with the 4 Celis lights and that cured the bulb out warning. I then wired in four 12 volt voltage regulators which I bought at Radio Shack. Lights work as normal, they are high voltage protected, there is no bulb out warning and there is no pulsating. It all took me just over 1 hour and cost me about $30.

The Celis corner lights have clear tops. I bought red bulbs on Ebay so everything looks great. I like having two red directionals per side as well as 4 red brake lights for safety reasons. American drivers do not pay as much attention to their driving as do their European counterparts.

If anyone wants part numbers, etc. for all this, let me know.

BTW I did all this about 1 year ago and have had no problems.
    I just installed led tail light assemblies for my 01 X5, and I'm thinking about going this route to solve the flickering/pulsating problem.I was wondering if you'd be willing to guide me on how i need to connect the bulb socket with the 12v regulators and where to make the proper connections.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123